Calves that cramp

wranglergirl

wranglergirl

Awards
  • Established
Ok, I know it's a lack in something but what? lately sleeping ok but in the dead of night i am woken with a KNOT in my calf, always the bad leg, thought it was me, it's so bad I am woken up from a dead sleep and take awhile for that stupid thing to go away...........

Any ideas? and why the bad leg? and not the good leg?

:(

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Potassium and Taurine can help, maybe abit of stretching before bed.. ;)

wranglergirl

wranglergirl

Awards
  • Established
Ok, what's taurine? I really thought it had to do with to many Boot Camp classes and than what I am doing on my own.( kicking my own butt daily).......Although diet has always been my weak area, as in getting the right suppliments......stretching, well ok, when I see you next time ;)

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Holy crap, I get the exact same thing. Sometimes in just one, sometiems in both. It'll hurt so bad, I usually end up roling off the bed onto the floor and trying to get it to stop. FOr the next day or two, I'll have a little pain left. That's weird...glad I'm not the only one...lol.. :icon_lol:

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
then it might be potassium. You might have to have you blood checked. I am on a potassium supplement because of cramps and it was low potassium

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Ok, what's taurine? I really thought it had to do with to many Boot Camp classes and than what I am doing on my own.( kicking my own butt daily).......Although diet has always been my weak area, as in getting the right suppliments......stretching, well ok, when I see you next time ;)
You sweat right? You lose potassium in your sweat moreso than sodium.. Taurine is an amino acid.. Here, I'm lazy.. :p

Taurine
An essential amino acid. Plays a role in cell-membrane stabilization, calcium balance, growth modulation and the regulation of osmotic pressure in the body (water transfer). It is also a key component of bile, which is necessary for fat digestion, absorption of fat-soluable vitamins and control of cholesterol levels. A link has been shown between deficiency in this amino and retinal dysfunction (eye problems).

wranglergirl

wranglergirl

Awards
  • Established
Thanks, hoping this helps, these cramps are killer and messing with my sleep, :(

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Potassium and possibly circulation problems from an old injury on the "bad leg". Stretch!!

wranglergirl

wranglergirl

Awards
  • Established
I am trying to stretch, but it seems to annoy the injury more....:( stupid foot, hoping more potassuim and taurine may be the key to this................. thanks for the input