Fake personal training certificates ?

Markusrulezzz

Markusrulezzz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
got a friend who purchased a fake personal training certificate for $300, **** looks legit ! he is in an athletic shape and he knows his **** also, he got a job at LA FITNESS... he is a son of a bitch

Is doing that a felony or a crime ? can you go to jail for that?

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
got a friend who purchased a fake personal training certificate for $300, **** looks legit ! he is in an athletic shape and he knows his **** also, he got a job at LA FITNESS... he is a son of a bitch

Is doing that a felony or a crime ? can you go to jail for that?
Are you kidding me? Yes, that's a crime...

Tell your friend to clench his butt and hope he isn't exposed for being a damn fraud...

Earn it legally; otherwise, you deserve what happens...

Markusrulezzz

Markusrulezzz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I thought worst case scenario he would get fired

oogaly_boogal

oogaly_boogal

Awards
  • Established
...He could get a real one for only 200 more. That being said, a lot of trainers do not have certifications at all.

Born Of Fire

Born Of Fire

Awards
Wow, that's damn lazy of him. He can be sued from any client that he trains for falsifying his credentials, which can get to a great extent, expensive. He could have earned one for the cost of a fake one; although, it seems to me that your friend would rather take the easy road, which goes on his character.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ethically this is possibly the most horrible thing I have ever read on this site.

I hope it is a joke.

CoorsLight126

CoorsLight126

Awards
lets say a client gets injured and wants to sue the gym, now they find out his certificate was never even legit? He could ruin the rest of his life from that move, and with as many people s sue happy nowadays as they are, I would strongly urge him to quit and go get a real one

CRUNCH

CRUNCH

Awards
  • Established
If he hurts somebody, him and the gym will get sued. In the end, the gym would probably settle out of court to avoid the puplicity and he'd end up off the hook. The gym could go after him. The gym would have a hard time though as they failed to do their due diligence and research the certification to see what they are about. The judge would call them idiots for not looking into it.

MindSweap

Awards
At least he has a certificate , fake though :D
But most of the trainers dont have it.

Born Of Fire

Born Of Fire

Awards
At least he has a certificate , fake though :D
But most of the trainers dont have it.
It's okay if a trainer does not have one; however, IT IS important if they claim to be certified and clearly are not.

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
its NOT illegal unless the certificate says its from an actual existing organization.

Born Of Fire

Born Of Fire

Awards
its NOT illegal unless the certificate says its from an actual existing organization.
It IS illegal to misleadingly represent yourself as, "Certified." The law is very clear about false representation.

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
It IS illegal to misleadingly represent yourself as, "Certified." The law is very clear about false representation.
yes, but I can start a company and then print a certified cert for it and be legal.

for example... Dairy Queen can legally print a CERTIFIED ICE CREAM EATER... legally.

I can start a company say called " StangBangin Fitness" and then print a STANGBANGIN FITNESS CERTIFIED PERSONAL TRAINER...

100% legal.

misleading... yes... legal - YES.

Markusrulezzz

Markusrulezzz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Banger, can you provide some sources ?

and what if you just get a certification with a company that does not even exist ? like

BallSack Certified Personal Trainer

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Can someone please clarify for me as I don't know the laws in America.

You can create a certificate from a fake or unrecognised company, that happens here as well.

How can people work as Personal Trainers if they have no certificates at all? When I interviewed Trainers they always had to bring them with them and we have a governing body we can check their status with.

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
like bdcc says.. you have to check the source of the certificate and what their protocol is for certification.

Ill pull some sources and post them...

the system is so **** with no governing body is the problem.

for example
the Ordained Minister document I ordered online. its 100% legal, I took it to the courthouse and registered and can now legally perform marriages. It cost me a few dollars, and its honestly bull**** but in the end.. its real according to the law, I am an ordained minister.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Total felony. I've seen guys locked up for like 30 years for fake PT certs; crazy stuff...

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
Ethically this is possibly the most horrible thing I have ever read on this site.

I hope it is a joke.
Really?? I guess we see things differently, competing in natural contests while faking drug tests, switching pee, filtering somebody elses urine, fooling doctors into prescribing you medications that you want, faking/manipulating blood work, selling illegal drugs, smuggling, etc, seem worse to me than fake credentials, Im just sayin.

joedf

Awards
like bdcc says.. you have to check the source of the certificate and what their protocol is for certification.

Ill pull some sources and post them...

the system is so **** with no governing body is the problem.

for example
the Ordained Minister document I ordered online. its 100% legal, I took it to the courthouse and registered and can now legally perform marriages. It cost me a few dollars, and its honestly bull**** but in the end.. its real according to the law, I am an ordained minister.
Yeah, there are several certifications online for around 50 bucks that you can get. They all have e books to download, and all have final exams, and of course a very professional looking certificate. There are even some pro body builders that have their own. All legit too. Actually kinda goofy spending 300 for a fake one when it's so easy to get a "real" one.

Without a Licensing Board, it will always be that way.

Markusrulezzz

Markusrulezzz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Total felony. I've seen guys locked up for like 30 years for fake PT certs; crazy stuff...
That's bull**** !

you assault a cop, you get 1-10 years ! you kill a person, you get from 1 to 20 most of the times, you get a fake certificate you get 30 ? loll yea rite

jgassen15

jgassen15

Awards
I hate how everyone's bagging on the guy for being unethical. Do I think it's wrong to do, yeah sure do. However, how hypocritical is it that most guys WITH certification are lazy, fat, unintelligent, texbook curls, bench press, and squat losers. It's ridiculous that a lot of genius guys out there in the area of health and fitness are stuck working bull**** jobs and these degenerate idiots work at nice gyms.

Go back and do it the right way, but I don't think there's any way you'll get called out unless oen of your clients gets hurt. Just my two cents.

jgassen15

jgassen15

Awards
That's bull**** !

you assault a cop, you get 1-10 years ! you kill a person, you get from 1 to 20 most of the times, you get a fake certificate you get 30 ? loll yea rite
and by assault a cop they mean get within 10 feet of him or call him a name. boom, felony.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Really?? I guess we see things differently, competing in natural contests while faking drug tests, switching pee, filtering somebody elses urine, fooling doctors into prescribing you medications that you want, faking/manipulating blood work, selling illegal drugs, smuggling, etc, seem worse to me than fake credentials, Im just sayin.
I don't tend to hang around in the anabolics section much so don't pay attention to those type of threads. :)

If he has faked a certificate to work in a job he is not qualified for then to me it is the equivalent of being fraudulent and stealing client's money. Why doesn't he go the whole nine yards and get a fake chiropractor's certificate?! He would earn more...

Markusrulezzz

Markusrulezzz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I don't tend to hang around in the anabolics section much so don't pay attention to those type of threads. :)

If he has faked a certificate to work in a job he is not qualified for then to me it is the equivalent of being fraudulent and stealing client's money. Why doesn't he go the whole nine yards and get a fake chiropractor's certificate?! He would earn more...
because with that, the chances of getting caught is more ! you can get away with fake PT certificates as alot of people are dumb and believe PTs, you just give your client a diet that you memorized from the internet and teach them how to do curls and how to do douggie... I mean he is not a trainer at venice golds gym where everyone wants to get yoked and get knowledge about aas

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wasn't actually being serious about the chiropractor certificate lol, it was just an exaggerated example of why I see it as unethical.

I cannot speak for the standard of trainers in America. I am not particularly proud of the average trainer in England.

I hope they do more than teach a client curls and give them a memorised diet lol.

I might PM a mod and ask if he can automatically subscribe me to any thread Markus creates, they are always so entertaining. :)

Markusrulezzz

Markusrulezzz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Trainers don't know **** in America ! :))) of course not all of them but most of them especially trainers at 24hrs fitnesses... goddd I can't believe when I was a noobie I spent 700 dollars on a trainer :((

lol Doctors too, no offense but most American doctors suck, they get paid by insurance companies to get you back in there.

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
Trainers don't know **** in America ! :))) of course not all of them but most of them especially trainers at 24hrs fitnesses... goddd I can't believe when I was a noobie I spent 700 dollars on a trainer :((

lol Doctors too, no offense but most American doctors suck, they get paid by insurance companies to get you back in there.
You spent $700 on a trainer?! Dang, that explains it all now! lol jk

Markusrulezzz

Markusrulezzz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You spent $700 on a trainer?! Dang, that explains it all now! lol jk
yea when I was like 15 and didn't know nothing about the gym... mommy paid tho ! and the trainer was a hot milf, she flirted with me,so I thought she would seduce me and I got more sessions with her thinking she will sex me :((( **** didn't happen, that was her way of getting money :(((

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
yea when I was like 15 and didn't know nothing about the gym... mommy paid tho ! and the trainer was a hot milf, she flirted with me,so I thought she would seduce me and I got more sessions with her thinking she will sex me :((( **** didn't happen, that was her way of getting money :(((
lol so she used the stripper method on you and you fell for it? lol

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
It's only illegal if he gets caught. BTW, getting a legit certificate isn't that difficult so why bother with getting a fake one ? If he gets caught with that then good luck trying to get a good job down the road.

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
lol so she used the stripper method on you and you fell for it? lol
He was 15, cut him some slack, when I was 15 if there a chance for a piece of ass, I dont think theres anything I wouldnt have done.

Born Of Fire

Born Of Fire

Awards
Funny, but not true. First of all, in order to LEGALLY have a business, you have to prove your credentials to obtain a business license to operate. And in order to show that you can certify someone else, you would have to prove first, that you have a certification to teach the material. For example: you cannot become CPR certified from someone who is not legally certified to do so.

yes, but I can start a company and then print a certified cert for it and be legal.

for example... Dairy Queen can legally print a CERTIFIED ICE CREAM EATER... legally.

I can start a company say called " StangBangin Fitness" and then print a STANGBANGIN FITNESS CERTIFIED PERSONAL TRAINER...

100% legal.

misleading... yes... legal - YES.

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
Funny, but not true. First of all, in order to LEGALLY have a business, you have to prove your credentials to obtain a business license to operate. And in order to show that you can certify someone else, you would have to prove first, that you have a certification to teach the material. For example: you cannot become CPR certified from someone who is not legally certified to do so.
100% true... CPR is a different story, there is a regulatory board involved in that.

my ordained minister status is 100% true and legal - I did it to prove to someone that religion is a joke and they will ordain anyone. Its legal because the clerk of the court accepted my certificate (not fooled, they know its bull**** but legally legitimate) and I am registered with Palm Beach County as an Ordained minister with the legal ability to perform marriages.

It depends on WHAT you are claiming, if no governing board then nothing anyone can do.

I cant claim to be a certified paramedic, fireman, etc... because of the government regulations. There are no govt regulations on calling myself a certified personal trainer... its the customer resposible for verifiying that its certified from a credible source. ANd I own 3 business's with all nec. credentials.... one is a Racing company... i can legally hand out a certified race car driver certificate to a 2 year old.... why? no regulation.

like I said unethical but for a LOT of things, 100% legal and true.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's bull**** !

My bad.

I meant 25-29 years.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Banger, can you provide some sources ?

and what if you just get a certification with a company that does not even exist ? like

BallSack Certified Personal Trainer
Its true, the bigger question is will any reputable gym hire you with having your "Ballsack certified professional trainer"? no, they only hire people with certifications from a few specific places.

Some gyms don't care though, and will hire without certifications anyhow.

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
So what are some good online certificate courses to actually take and worthwhile to get? What ones are legit and considered good credentials for a pt job?