Wisdom Teeth

MisterRoboto

MisterRoboto

Awards
Whoever thought that it was a great thing to put them in our mouths for only to be pulled out down the road needs to be slapped, punch, and thrown over a bridge into a freezing river.

I hate the diet that also comes with it. :soapbox:

bowhunter28

bowhunter28

Awards
  • Established
I didn't think it was too bad. I ate a lot of oatmeal, mashed potatoes, stuff like that. The pain wasn't bad at all. I didn't take any pain medication, worst part was getting food stuck in the holes where the teeth were.

jtterrible

jtterrible

Awards
Assuming you got dry sockets then.. Lol.. I had ibuprofen and vicodin.. Vicodin made me just pass out.. For like 12-16 hours..

MisterRoboto

MisterRoboto

Awards
I didn't think it was too bad. I ate a lot of oatmeal, mashed potatoes, stuff like that. The pain wasn't bad at all. I didn't take any pain medication, worst part was getting food stuck in the holes where the teeth were.
I've been eating bananas, rice, apple sauce, pastas, etc. While everyone else ate steak and the such. I got two more days though, so I'll be heading towards a nice steak dinner afterwards

Assuming you got dry sockets then.. Lol.. I had ibuprofen and vicodin.. Vicodin made me just pass out.. For like 12-16 hours..
Gave me Oxycodone and made the mistake of taking it on an empty stomach. Didn't end well.

Only positive thing is that I never swelled up at all.

jtterrible

jtterrible

Awards
funniest thing was when I got sedated.. they used N0S and I got all tingly and the nurse said something about a pinch, and what felt like 15 minutes later I felt a sharp pain then I woke up on a cot curled up with gauze in my mouth spooning a pillow.. had been there like 3 hours.. anesthesiologist said it was because I was behind on sleep or something.. it was weird..