Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Any new Zombie movies come out to dvd?
Not that I'm aware of, but if anybody knows of one please post it up. We have to wait until October 31st for "The Walking Dead" series to start up again on AMC.

-John

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This rocks. Avid Zombie fab here!!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This rocks. Avid Zombie fab here!!
Me too. Somedays at work it seems like it's all we talk about, lol.

Gotta have a plan in place, haha.

-John

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not that I'm aware of, but if anybody knows of one please post it up. We have to wait until October 31st for "The Walking Dead" series to start up again on AMC.
-John
According to some bible wackos this Saturday is Rapture, and after the saved have been taken the living dead (ie zombies) will roam the earth.... I've got a case of 762 ammo if you need some.

The movie for World War Z is set for 2014 release

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
According to some bible wackos this Saturday is Rapture, and after the saved have been taken the living dead (ie zombies) will roam the earth.... I've got a case of 762 ammo if you need some.

The movie for World War Z is set for 2014 release
Sounds good to me; my buddy has an AK-47. I have plenty of .45 ammo in waiting. :D

This sucks though b/c I didn't get to buy my AR-15 yet!

World War Z should be a good movie. I have the book; it's next on my to-read list.

-John

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
John and E are privy to my Facebook page. It's like this thread was started just to get my attention or something! :cheers:

About this weekend... seriously, if it doesn't happen, I'm going to be disappointed. Not that I'm all that prepared, but I'm the mutha funkin MacGuyver at improv on the fly in a pinch and rarely get to put that to the test.

For those who aren't aware... Cliffs: Dude says according to bible math, the rapture begins this Saturday at 6pm. (WHAT F'N TIME ZONE, DIPSHYT?!?!? THIS IS IMPORTANT!!!!) According to rapture theory n junk, the chosen get instantly whisked up to heaven while the rest are left on earth to suffer until the end - which, of course, is October 21, right before Halloween, making my own personal hell the inability to do the really really killer thing I had planned for trick-or-treat this year. But I digress.... According to rapture theory, it is said that "all those who have died will rise to once again walk the earth". So BOOM - right there - zombie apocalypse.

Seeing as I'm atheist and technically don't believe any of this whatsoever, I still like the idea because it seems like something different from my usual day. Yup... I'm actually EXCITED for this weekend because if this nutter is right, a few things are going to happen:

1. My wife goes directly to heaven. She's a good soul, and prepared, and I have no doubt she'll be taken. For that matter, my daughter, too. I'll miss them both, but eh... for 6 months of hell on earth, I can finally have some peace in the house.

2. I FINALLY get to shoot people. FINALLY.

3. Though I don't have any religious beliefs, I'm always open to be proven wrong. I seek enlightenment, but it won't be done easily.

4. Saturday night, my plans include a glass of Don Q and watching the new episode of Dr. Who. That's it. I got nuthin else. So a little rapture might just be nice for a change of pace. I live a very dull life... pun intended!

BIG question is this, folks... In all we "know" of zombies, they are reanimated corpses. Sometimes it is a virus (T-virus, Resident Evil, or biotech like 28 Days Later). Sometimes it is unknown or speculated due to solar flares, moon, meteorite (Typical Living Dead scenarios). In some instances, they go cheesy and seek out braaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiinnnzzz... (living deads), while in most others, a good ol' hunk o' butt will do (Shaun o' Dead, Dawn Remake, et al). Sometimes slow, sometimes fast. But here's the good question to consider...

Since the "Rapture Zombie Apocalypse" is supposed to be brought on by "God's Will", then wouldnt' that mean that they really aren't here for anything at all? I didn't read anything about them coming to eat brains, bite my azz, or even just to search out a good slushie and a corndog. They're just to "walk the earth". Do we kill 'em? Can we become them if we die? Will they kill us? Would it just be the bodies-sans-souls of our dead relatives and ancestors - ALL of them - just coming back to walk around like a gigantic mall on Sunday mornings???

THIS is what I wanna know. Discuss...

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The main thing I want to know is if they stumble towards you a la Romero or sprint at you full speed like the newer flicks.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Don Q straight ? Seriously? I have hard time with anything other than Bacardi 8 or Bacardi Reserve

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The main thing I want to know is if they stumble towards you a la Romero or sprint at you full speed like the newer flicks.
Very important question. I'm sure we'll find that out pretty immediately. Those of us with quicker reflexes a la your MMA skill or my fast riding ability will be better off for the faster ones, I think.

Don Q straight ? Seriously? I have hard time with anything other than Bacardi 8 or Bacardi Reserve
Yup. Honestly, the mojito flavoring in it is so strong with syrup, lime and mint, that I don't even taste any alcohol in it. Fill a glass with ice, dump it in, settle down for the night.

Edit: Ya just convinced me to pour one. :cheers:

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ah I've just had their regular rum. It's the official rum of Puerto Ricans. You'd think it was bacardi, but that's too expensive for them .

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ah I've just had their regular rum. It's the official rum of Puerto Ricans. You'd think it was bacardi, but that's too expensive for them .
Easy enough to find the price comparison. I'll ask Maite (Mrodz) in the morning when she's on! :)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, hopefully I'll get to meet her on my vacation there in June. Our time share is maybe 20 minutes from her. Might get to see Maxximal too with any luck.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
VERY nice! I'll meet up with her some day. We're probably going to all try to hit the Arnie next year (regardless of whether or not AX goes). If you visit her house, watch for falling cows.

Anybody hear anything new about Zombieland 2 coming out????

TheKanezzi

Awards
This thread now completes my life. Thanks Trauma! I'm starting ER in late July BTW, Ill see the zombies first!!!

Time to get jacked and tan.....

oli

oli

Awards
  • Established
Emma Stone in Zombieland...ohhhh yeeeahh...i'd double-tap that

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In for lulz...you guys are already cracking me up :toofunny:

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just saw this in another thread and find it appropriate to post here:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is why it's important to have a wide array of weapons ranging from melee (knife, bat, axe, crowbar, or anything you can rip off and beat them with; this includes thier own limbs); to CQB options (pistols, shotguns, flamethrower); to long distance takedown (rifles, compound bow/crossbow, etc).

Having diversity in your weapons arsenal is key. :D

-John

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is why it's important to have a wide array of weapons ranging from melee (knife, bat, axe, crowbar, or anything you can rip off and beat them with; this includes thier own limbs); to CQB options (pistols, shotguns, flamethrower); to long distance takedown (rifles, compound bow/crossbow, etc).

Having diversity in your weapons arsenal is key. :D

-John
Also, as Dawn of the Dead (remake) shows us, it's good to have knowledge of improvisation for weapons as well. Propane tank, road flare, one well-placed shot... BOOM.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm sharpening my Katanas as we speak. The in-laws have plenty of ammo and guns.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm sharpening my Katanas as we speak. The in-laws have plenty of ammo and guns.
Yes, a Katana is a good weapon to have. If any of you have been reading "The Walking Dead" comic series it's the preferred weapon of one of the main characters (Michonne.) She kicks some serious azz with it.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes, a Katana is a good weapon to have. If any of you have been reading "The Walking Dead" comic series it's the preferred weapon of one of the main characters (Michonne.) She kicks some serious azz with it.
Problem with melee weapons: If it is a blood-born cause, the spatter has a greater affect of hitting you and your party than if you used something with a bit more range. Bullets, for example = hole out the back, minimal spatter towards the shooter. When in doubt, sniper... :D

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Problem with melee weapons: If it is a blood-born cause, the spatter has a greater affect of hitting you and your party than if you used something with a bit more range. Bullets, for example = hole out the back, minimal spatter towards the shooter. When in doubt, sniper... :D
Ahh, but the Katana is so sharp that it is a clean cut. If only there really was a ligthsaber; that would be a double win.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ahh, but the Katana is so sharp that it is a clean cut. If only there really was a ligthsaber; that would be a double win.
Aah, if only I had some skills with one. Or, if I had one to begin with! Best I have is a Buck Nighthawk with the 8" blade. Dang good knife right there! Thick as all get out, and holds and edge pretty well. Used it to chop through a 1 1/4" thick red oak branch once and it came off with one swing. :)

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Aah, if only I had some skills with one. Or, if I had one to begin with! Best I have is a Buck Nighthawk with the 8" blade. Dang good knife right there! Thick as all get out, and holds and edge pretty well. Used it to chop through a 1 1/4" thick red oak branch once and it came off with one swing. :)
A real katana set comes with 3 blades of different lengths. It's always a good conversation starter. The weird thing is that I hate almost all weapons, but love swords.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
For a knife, I have my trusty Ka-bar. It's tough to beat a true and tested "fighting knife":

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For a knife, I have my trusty Ka-bar. It's tough to beat a true and tested "fighting knife":

Very nice... I also plan to take my big chef's knife out of the kitchen, too. I know that puppy is sharp, and I know that I wield it well! Ya know, in case I feel like cutting fingers on the bias or something... ;)

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Very nice... I also plan to take my big chef's knife out of the kitchen, too. I know that puppy is sharp, and I know that I wield it well! Ya know, in case I feel like cutting fingers on the bias or something... ;)
Lol!

I almost forgot about the "Tactical Tomahawk" as well. This thing is seriously badazz:

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol!

I almost forgot about the "Tactical Tomahawk" as well. This thing is seriously badazz:

Nice!! I was looking at a few SOG pieces over the past few years. Can't seem to muster up a justification for spending too much on them, though. It's always "cool knife" vs. "bike parts"... and, well, ya know what wins for me. ;)

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice!! I was looking at a few SOG pieces over the past few years. Can't seem to muster up a justification for spending too much on them, though. It's always "cool knife" vs. "bike parts"... and, well, ya know what wins for me. ;)
SOG makes some great stuff. I agree that a lot of it is pricey, but definitely worth it. I have one of these. I think I paid about $35 for it. I can't believe how balanced this thing is. You can definitely throw this thing with decent accuracy.

I know what you mean about choosing with your toys, though. I have that same problem, lol. My wife wants to kill me by now I'm sure....:D

However, I do work my azz off as well, so I deserve some toys. :veryhappy:

-John

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If I'm still here after the rapture tomorrow (and I'm sure I will be), I'll be looking at my next new toy:

Smith and Wesson M&P 15

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
I want as much distance between them and me as I can get, so its firearms all the way,

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I want as much distance between them and me as I can get, so its firearms all the way,
Looking for the "Like" button... too much flip-flopping between here and FB today on the same topic. LOL

oli

oli

Awards
  • Established
i figured when the shyt goes down, i want shotgun [w/buckshot] in hopes i'd blow some legs off those zombies just in case i can't get in a head shot if i'm being chased. Maybe a rifle to the tune of 5.56mm caliber flying out of it; definitely a 9mm XD or Glock. i figured smaller caliber = less recoil. Oh and a revolver...just in case. And i like the katana blade idea

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
i figured when the shyt goes down, i want shotgun [w/buckshot] in hopes i'd blow some legs off those zombies just in case i can't get in a head shot if i'm being chased. Maybe a rifle to the tune of 5.56mm caliber flying out of it; definitely a 9mm XD or Glock. i figured smaller caliber = less recoil. Oh and a revolver...just in case. And i like the katana blade idea
You mean like my home defense tools? A Mossberg 590 Combat, Glock 22, and Springfield XD40-M? :saevilw: I'll be ready for some zombie's at the strike of midnight! lol

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You mean like my home defense tools? A Mossberg 590 Combat, Glock 22, and Springfield XD40-M? :saevilw: I'll be ready for some zombie's at the strike of midnight! lol

I like dat shotgun!!! Dude, mind if I ask how many bones it run ya? I've been thinking of getting one of the Moss's for a while now.

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
I like dat shotgun!!! Dude, mind if I ask how many bones it run ya? I've been thinking of getting one of the Moss's for a while now.
Well, this one was the fully loaded 590 Combat model and cost around $550 or so? I got it a while back so I don't remember exactly. It does have ghost ring sites, speed-feed stock, heat shield, and a 9-round extended mag. I carry 19 rounds on the shotgun itself :saeek:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There's nothing like a Kimber .45 for effective stopping power as a side arm.

My custom covert 2 (with tritium night sights and crimson trace laser grips) is ready:

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Make sure you all fill your bike tires up with air, keep your hair short, and find a defensible position for your first weekend of WWZ. I'll be packing my rucksack this evening and tossing it in my truck. If I look outside tomorrow and see people floating away, I'll know it's game time.

oli

oli

Awards
  • Established
You dead.

Not quite yet.

..man, if i wakeup and see that crap [1st pic] i'm peeing on my dam self - checking the wife if she's zombie-fied..if so, stiff arm her ass & head to the Big 5 & hole upover there :blink:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This was previously posted in "The Walking Dead" thread we had, but it's worth reposting. This game looks pretty good. The trailer is amazing, yet sad and depressing...