As economy worsens, Fed bans light bulbs, new light bulbs 2B $50 each!!

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Want bright lights? New Eco-fascist Light Bulbs to Cost $50 Each

Kurt Nimmo
May 17, 2011

Get ready to shell out big bucks for light bulbs. Beginning in January, conventional light bulbs will be outlawed by the state. You will have to buy organic light-emitting diode bulbs that cost $50.
LED bulbs hit 100 watts as federal ban looms - Yahoo! News

Compact fluorescents are less expensive, but contain toxic mercury vapor. In 2008, it was discovered that fluorescent bulbs cause migraine headaches.

“Neurologists are increasingly taking notice of the headaches and migraines being reported by people exposed to compact fluorescent light bulbs,” Mike Adams of Natural News wrote earlier this year, noting that electromagnetic pollution caused by the so-called “energy efficient” bulbs is “causing devastating health effects on some people.”

Congress passed a law in 2007 outlawing conventional light bulbs and creating a new class of criminals. “Manufacturers will no longer be able to make the 100-watt Thomas Edison bulb after Jan. 1, 2012, followed by the 75-watt version in Jan. 2013, and the the 60- and 40-watt bulbs in Jan. 2014,” a law signed by George W. Bush states. The legislation is similar to laws in Europe, where incandescent bulbs began to be phased out in 2009.

In response to the government ban, people began stockpiling incandescent light bulbs. About 13% of Americans said they would stock up on 100-watt incandescents and continue using them after they are phased out in January, according to a recent survey.

“The light bulb ban is also a foretaste of what’s to come as the enforcement arm of the eco-fascist agenda unfolds,” Paul Joseph Watson wrote in February. “As we have documented, enviro-Nazis envisage a future world in which car use will be heavily restricted, CO2 emissions will be rationed, meat will be considered a rare delicacy, the state will decide your career, and only the mega-rich elitists enforcing all these new rules and regulations will be exempt from them.”

Stock up with Fresh Food that lasts with eFoodsDirect (Ad)

As the economy worsens, the new law may force many people to choose between lighting their homes and eating or paying other necessary utility bills. Replacing more than a couple light bulbs will cost hundreds of dollars.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i got a 100 candles that i've been waiting to burn!

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well it's a dang good thing I see better in the dark!! This is just ridiculous. None of the bulbs in my house are 100w, most are 40-60 in clusters, and most are replaced with CFLs as it is. But the CFLs will burn out MUCH faster than advertised if it's a light that you turn on and off frequently - ya know, to save energy!!

One more reason added to the list that forces us to bend over and forget the concept of lube... :(

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well it's a dang good thing I see better in the dark!! This is just ridiculous. None of the bulbs in my house are 100w, most are 40-60 in clusters, and most are replaced with CFLs as it is. But the CFLs will burn out MUCH faster than advertised if it's a light that you turn on and off frequently - ya know, to save energy!!

One more reason added to the list that forces us to bend over and forget the concept of lube... :(
Those may be banned too due to toxic mercury vapor issues. I havent looked into the details of that yet though.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The mercury in the average CFL would cover an area about the size of the tip of a medium ballpoint pen. Take out a pen and look at the ball tip - the part covered in ink - that's it. While it is highly toxic as a vapor, it doesn't leak out of a bulb until it is broken. In that case, simply ventilate the room for about an hour, then go pick up the pieces and throw them away. They shouldn't be thrown out to head to a landfill because en masse, that is a lot of mercury. There are quite a lot of places that have CFL takeback programs, which is a good thing. I think that the word "mercury" associated with them does create a bit more fear than is necessary, though.

Source: Me, Education Coordinator, Cambria County Solid Waste Authority

:D

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Well if the government is going to give me a G*d damn cell phone, that NOBODY needed 15-20 years ago to live their life, I'm sure they're going to provide me with these bulbs right? RIGHT?!?!

owlicks

owlicks

Awards
You sir, are a damned fool. Maybe you should learn a few details rather than blindly posting ridiculous scare articles. Firstly, it's important to point out that the federal legislation ONLY applies to bulbs between 40 and 150 watts, all other bulbs are exempt.

Secondly, learn something about technology. The $50 bulb you referred to is an LED bulb. LED, though wonderful technology, is not the standard bulb that people will be "forced" to buy. You can go pick up a 100W equivalent CFL for $3.99 today: http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?sku=13719667&utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=shopping. And you know something? It lasts for SEVEN YEARS! A 100W halogen is a whoppin $3.45: http://www.bulbconnection.com/ViewSIMItem/bcrw/simid/2483/brand/Philips/source/googlebase/Philips_25676-8_EVA_bulb_item.html You know something else? As soon as buying of CFLs, halogens, and LED lamps becomes more widespread, prices will go down even further. It's called capitalism, learn about it.

You really should make it a point to watch the South Park from last night. It's about the absurdity of people much like yourself. Finally, "eco-facist" is one of the more humorous terms I've heard in a while, so thanks for the laugh this morning!

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well thank you for coming out to contribute to my thread, lol your made me laugh trying to prove your points and attack my intelligence with your aggressive behavior.

You sir, are a damned fool. Maybe you should learn a few details rather than blindly posting ridiculous scare articles. Firstly, it's important to point out that the federal legislation ONLY applies to bulbs between 40 and 150 watts, all other bulbs are exempt.
The first thing I said was, and go back up and check..."Want bright lights?"

Secondly, learn something about technology. The $50 bulb you referred to is an LED bulb. LED, though wonderful technology, is not the standard bulb that people will be "forced" to buy. You can go pick up a 100W equivalent CFL for $3.99 today: http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?sku=13719667&utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=shopping. And you know something? It lasts for SEVEN YEARS! A 100W halogen is a whoppin $3.45: http://www.bulbconnection.com/ViewSIMItem/bcrw/simid/2483/brand/Philips/source/googlebase/Philips_25676-8_EVA_bulb_item.html You know something else? As soon as buying of CFLs, halogens, and LED lamps becomes more widespread, prices will go down even further. It's called capitalism, learn about it.

You really should make it a point to watch the South Park from last night. It's about the absurdity of people much like yourself. Finally, "eco-facist" is one of the more humorous terms I've heard in a while, so thanks for the laugh this morning!
Your not getting the point and I know everything you posted about. This light bulb ban is only a start of more control and enforcement of what has been happening and what is about to come with the eco-fascist global NWO agenda.

I dont watch cartoons, sorry.

And there is no reason for you to come across as an orifice for a vas deferens holder.

If you want an intelligent discussion I have ALL day.

owlicks

owlicks

Awards
"This light bulb ban is only a start of more control and enforcement of what has been happening and what is about to come with the eco-fascist global NWO agenda."

I KNOW! I mean, can you believe what that neo-liberal eco-fascist-commie Obama is doing to us? If people don't look out, the U.N. is going to send the blue hats in from Canada to take away all of our guns! That's why I'm stocking up on food, those hippy Nazis aren't going to get me, no no. Just think about it. First gas milage requirements, then raising fuel prices, now light bulbs?! If you can't see the pattern here, you are blind I say!

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I KNOW! I mean, can you believe what that neo-liberal eco-fascist-commie Obama is doing to us? If people don't look out, the U.N. is going to send the blue hats in from Canada to take away all of our guns! That's why I'm stocking up on food, those hippy Nazis aren't going to get me, no no. Just think about it. First gas milage requirements, then raising fuel prices, now light bulbs?! If you can't see the pattern here, you are blind I say!
Ok, I understand you thanks.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
We can start with this Mr. Owl...dont be mad at me, its the billionaire corporate eco-fascist in his own words.

Al Gore Talks about Global Governace and the NWO

AL GORE CONFRONTED FOR NWO CLIMATE GATE !!! THE GORE FRAUD CARBON TAX !!!

Last edited:
ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Al Gore sued by over 30,000 Scientists for Global Warming fraud / John Coleman