Tough Mudder?

1. Tough Mudder?

anyone else do it?

Just did it at Mount Snow (Vermont)...

10 miles, 28 stations, over 3000 feet of vertical climb (multiple times), more mud then i ever seen in my entire life, running in snow, mud, water hosed, jumping into 35 degree water with ice blocks, mud, cold water, no towels to dry off, more mud, running thru rivers, mud and more mud and about 4 hours long, crazy and one of the most amazing things i ever did!

2. His mudder was a mudder.

3. Im doin it when it comes to Michigan. Was scheduled for July but it got pushed back some time so whenever it is now. Are you doin foilies in your avi Irish Cannon?
    •   

4. Quote Originally Posted by glockgod View Post
    anyone else do it?

Just did it at Mount Snow (Vermont)...

10 miles, 28 stations, over 3000 feet of vertical climb (multiple times), more mud then i ever seen in my entire life, running in snow, mud, water hosed, jumping into 35 degree water with ice blocks, mud, cold water, no towels to dry off, more mud, running thru rivers, mud and more mud and about 4 hours long, crazy and one of the most amazing things i ever did!
    a buddy of mine just did the same one as you. He loved every minute of it
    TEAM GET DIESEL

GET DIESEL NUTRITION | SINCE 2002 | GETDIESEL.COM
    Like us on Facebook: GET DIESEL Facebook Page

5. Sounds pretty cool.
    PHF Rep

6. what kind of training did u do to prepare?

7. Did the one in Jersey back in November, great time. I hear the one in VT. was rough. It was definitely worth once but the price is a little ridiculous. If anyone's thinking of doing one I recommend you do a lot of running, get a team of your buddies and just have a good time with it.

8. thinking about the one in Pa in April. It does get costly though
    TEAM GET DIESEL

GET DIESEL NUTRITION | SINCE 2002 | GETDIESEL.COM
    Like us on Facebook: GET DIESEL Facebook Page

9. Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    thinking about the one in Pa in April. It does get costly though
    Is anyone training for the one in WI? And I agree it is a little costly.

10. money well spent! I did some running and hiking towards the end. I should have been in much better shape! I will say this strong upper body helped a ton climbing over walls and ropes...

I never got over 5 miles (distance) when im on a treadmill for an hour and I finished this race.

Plan on doing the VA one!

11. Quote Originally Posted by glockgod View Post
    money well spent! I did some running and hiking towards the end. I should have been in much better shape! I will say this strong upper body helped a ton climbing over walls and ropes...

I never got over 5 miles (distance) when im on a treadmill for an hour and I finished this race.

Plan on doing the VA one!
    To TM defense a chunk of their proceeds goes to The Wounded Warrior Foundation, Can't get upset about that.

If you can do 12 good pull ups and run 10 miles fairly comfortably/quickly you will easily finish in the top 5% percent.

Similar Forum Threads

1. well tough id say hi
    By thebiggerpict in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-15-2011, 09:49 PM
  2. Becoming a Tough Mudder! - From now til April '11
    By CTDeuce in forum Millennium Sport Technologies
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 03-12-2011, 10:43 PM
  3. Need a Tough Mudder routine
    By LaXBro in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3