Big Brother Gov’t Seeks to Tax and Track All Drivers for every mile driven

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So country...taxes on gas prices isnt enough...lets also tax you while your using your gas!

Obama administration floats draft plan to tax cars by the mile

"tax could be tracked by installing electronic equipment (GPS type units) on each car to determine how many miles were driven; payment could take place electronically at filling stations."

By Pete Kasperowicz - 05/05/11 07:45 AM ET

The Obama administration has floated a transportation authorization bill that would require the study and implementation of a plan to tax automobile drivers based on how many miles they drive.

The plan is a part of the administration's Transportation Opportunities Act, an undated draft of which was obtained this week by Transportation Weekly.

Rest of story:
Obama administration floats draft plan to tax cars by the mile - The Hill's Floor Action

The plan is a part of the administration’s ‘Transportation Opportunities Act
The actual draft in PDF 500 pages!
http://thehill.com/images/stories/blogs/flooraction/Jan2011/draftdot.pdf

Also...Massachusetts are looking to pull their own state bill
Massachusetts Proposes GPS Chip for Taxing Drivers for Mileage

Last edited:

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
if true this would be ridiculous. I would get penalized that I work and live in 2 different states. Its not bad enough that Chris Christie is going to enact a residency bill? Man, so much for looking out for the working man

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This type of legislation will never pass.
I dont believe it will pass either, not now or in the near future but you never know as long as its there there is a chance.

Its sickening that this gets around though...and if people fall asleep eventually and quietly they will pull it off.

If you saw the patriot act prior to passing, Id bet we all say the same thing that it would never pass.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
If passed..umm no more Obama. I can see something like this causing politicians to get killed.

Boatcop1

Awards
  • Established
propaganda! OP likes to spin you up! This will never happen!

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established