Paypal are idiots and I need your help

HUGE

Awards
  • Established
So I have decided that Paypal are a bunch of idiots. After years of using their services on my site with no troubles at all - this past week they all of a sudden cancelled my account. The form email I received stated I sell drugs. I wrote back asking them to explain, they said they meant to say steroids. I replied that there is not a single illegal thing on my site, and there are no steroids. They replied and said I was right that there are no steroids, but I sell ephedrine, and that is a violation. I replied I sell NO ephedrine products at all on that site. They replied back that I sell steroids (no joke) and that is a violation. I honestly think they screwed up and are refusing to admit it.

So at this point I am really pissed as many customers like Paypal's convenience. And here is where I need you help bros- I have also told them I have seen multiple sites that sell the same products I do. I want to compile a list of BB sites that use Paypal as a payment method as I feel they are singling out my site.

Thanks guys,

HUGE

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
I don't even buy from sites that use pay-pal, it sux too cause some places, that's all they use. Too many bad experiences though, I'm a VISA man only now.

Sorry about the run around they're giving you, I know a lot of these guys use pay-pal, I'm sure you'll get plenty of advise.

x_muscle

Awards
  • Established
paypal is acting wiered lately, there is a guy on other board who had his accout frozen, and he lost 400$ from that. i also heard from couple of guys who had their accout cancelled or frozen, and they all selling prohormones or research products.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Don't feel alone here man....I've been saying this for quite some time now. As this year has progressed, I keep hearing more and more and more about their shady business tactics.

Like DR. D said, I only pay with credit cards on a secure server, etc, now. And if the company has a Telephone number, I'll actually just use that instead....

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
I don't think stating other websites that sell similiar products will help you out. If anything their accounts might also be terminated so please don't send a list of sites. Or if you do just leave Custom's and Sledge's out or anyother board sponsor.

HUGE

Awards
  • Established
My point is certainly not to get anyone in trouble or accounts frozen - it is to prove that they are randomly enforcing a crap policy. They either have to make it apply to everyone or no one.

HUGE

Grant

Awards
  • Established
Damn that sucks ass, you gonna start taking AMEX?

RRAdam

Awards
i doubt you will lose any customers over that... anyone who cant use paypal now will probably just use a CC....

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
I don't even buy from sites that use pay-pal, it sux too cause some places, that's all they use. Too many bad experiences though, I'm a VISA man only now.
I rarely used it to sell something, but when you arent a pro seller or a firm, its the only good option, expecially if you use ebay.
As a firm, I bought sometimes by ones who had only it as means of payment with CC. Surely its better than fax, money order or such, or even worse UNSECURE http transaction forms.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
I quit using them because of something very similiar to this. Screwed up an account and I got a couple of overdrafts on an account then won't fix it..
I think that Getpinz uses paypal but I am not sure.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
I quit using them because of something very similiar to this. Screwed up an account and I got a couple of overdrafts on an account then won't fix it..
I think that Getpinz uses paypal but I am not sure.

GPZ doesn't use paypal...:)

rrgg

rrgg

Awards
  • Established
PayPal doesn't just prohibit illegal sales, they also prohibit various perfectly legal sales that they consider a financial risk.

(Didn't think prohormones was on that list though...)

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Skrew pay-pal. Something is fundamentally wrong w/ having to set up an account w/ anyone other than the merchant directly. I'd like to be an AM sponsor too, but it's an fn' pay-pal account! After the prob's I had, my girl found out and was so pissed. She's a banker, and said don't ever mess w/ pay-pal again.

HUGE

Awards
  • Established
Bodybuilding.com uses Paypal. You can bet Paypal makes a few bucks off them every month. Wonder why their account has not been cancelled? Makes you go "hmmmmm".

HUGE

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Bodybuilding.com uses Paypal. You can bet Paypal makes a few bucks off them every month. Wonder why their account has not been cancelled? Makes you go "hmmmmm".

HUGE

Are you suggesting that there are some sour grapes on the 'inside' of this game? I guess you just have to write them an even bigger check, what a f'n racket!

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd like to be an AM sponsor too, but it's an fn' pay-pal account!
???

Sponsors here do not go through paypal. People donating to the board do but they can also do it directly if they PM me.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
???

Sponsors here do not go through paypal. People donating to the board do but they can also do it directly if they PM me.
My bad, I've got nothing to sell, I meant doner, not sponsor!

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
LOL....I was confused.

HUGE

Awards
  • Established
I have nothing against bodybuilding .com (expect I wish they would go out of business or something so I could steal their customers :) ) Paypal should just be consistant.

HUGE