How many of you guys use tanning beds?

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
How many of you guys go to tanning beds? I'm about to just say fvck it and sign up for a bed. I feel like a flamer doin' so though. Don't ask why, it's just us PA guys don't really look up to that sorta thing..lol...

A buddy of mine used to own one, but just found out that he got rid of it....WTF?? So now, I gotta splurge and get on a monthly deal or something.

How much does that usually cost? And to get a deep dark tan, how much should I go? I'm pretty tan as it is, but I want that really dark look, and I just don't have the kind of time or job that allows me to get it...

Help a homophobe out bro's!! :icon_lol:

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
How many of you guys go to tanning beds? I'm about to just say fvck it and sign up for a bed. I feel like a flamer doin' so though. Don't ask why, it's just us PA guys don't really look up to that sorta thing..lol...

A buddy of mine used to own one, but just found out that he got rid of it....WTF?? So now, I gotta splurge and get on a monthly deal or something.

How much does that usually cost? And to get a deep dark tan, how much should I go? I'm pretty tan as it is, but I want that really dark look, and I just don't have the kind of time or job that allows me to get it...

Help a homophobe out bro's!! :icon_lol:
hahaha dont worry Jergo. You can tan and not be gay, after all we are bodybuilders, not metrosexuals.
Beds really vary. If you tan easily, you can go 20mins in a normal lay down bed.
You need a good tanning lotion, those are pricey. Without a good lotion you will burn and not get tan.
Sign up for unlimited tanning for 1 month. Go 4-5 days a week for the MAX time. Don't pay more than $35 bucks.
If you think you are getting burnt, then you probably are -- and get out immediately.

I know how PA people are about that stuff. But tanning isnt just for Long Islanders anymore. :thumbsup:

* make sure the place replaces the tanning bulbs in the beds - otherwise you WILL NOT get any color whatsoever.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
hahaha dont worry Jergo. You can tan and not be gay, after all we are bodybuilders, not metrosexuals.
Beds really vary. If you tan easily, you can go 20mins in a normal lay down bed.
You need a good tanning lotion, those are pricey. Without a good lotion you will burn and not get tan.
Sign up for unlimited tanning for 1 month. Go 4-5 days a week for the MAX time. Don't pay more than $35 bucks.
If you think you are getting burnt, then you probably are -- and get out immediately.

I know how PA people are about that stuff. But tanning isnt just for Long Islanders anymore. :thumbsup:

Thanks man, what lotion should I get? Should I put that on my face too?

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Thanks man, what lotion should I get? Should I put that on my face too?
Depends.
If you get a 'tingle' lotion - absolutely not. I would suggest putting cocoa butter - or some regular moisturizing lotion on your face.

Swedish Beauty is a solid tanning product. California tan is good. Expect to pay $30+ for this. No generic 'hawaiian tropic' lotion for $10. Ask the hot girl at the desk what she recomended - tell her you want a 'step 2' or 'step 3' lotion. Step 1 lotion get you tan - but after a while you plateau.

These lotions dont have any SPF. If you use regular sun tanning lotion you wont get tan. Oil will burn you to a crisp.
Use Aloe afterward

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Depends.
If you get a 'tingle' lotion - absolutely not. I would suggest putting cocoa butter - or some regular moisturizing lotion on your face.

Swedish Beauty is a solid tanning product. California tan is good. Expect to pay $30+ for this. No generic 'hawaiian tropic' lotion for $10. Ask the hot girl at the desk what she recomended - tell her you want a 'step 2' or 'step 3' lotion. Step 1 lotion get you tan - but after a while you plateau.

These lotions dont have any SPF. If you use regular sun tanning lotion you wont get tan. Oil will burn you to a crisp.
Use Aloe afterward
Ah, thank you sir...that pretty much sums it up then. I'm gonna print this out and take it with me..lol...remember, I'm a little slow sometmes... :hammer: :rofl:

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
haha no problem, my knowledge of tanning would qualify me as "gay" in most American cities. But after all, I'm from East Coast Beverly Hills.

cr4ytonic

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I tan while cutting / cut. People sometimes say something but it is a good excuse if they are a girl to show off the abs. Shaving my arms would be over the top, although some guys do that. (stubble?!?!?!).

I use hot chocolate lotion by california tan, 2-3x a week 15 minute sessions till I get the tan I want (I don't go for the dark one) and then once a week to maintain. There are always hotties at tanning beds too.

Don't let them sell you those individually packaged little 1 time use lotions, such a rip. Find one you like and then get a bottle off ebay for cheap.

Anyone tried anything besides the standard beds? They have omega and standup and all this other crap where I tan but am wondering if it is worth the price?

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
stand up beds are awesome. They are my first choice. You don't burn - since your not right up against the lights.

I suggest flipping over in the lay-down beds, otherwise you back will burn.

Some really expensive beds have a mattress in it, and you flip over. It's like cooking a steak

I like the 'tingle' lotions, they make you feel like your on fire - even flying. You get a red look without getting burned, which fades away in a few hours and turns dark brown.

dickwootton

Awards
  • Established
Hey bro no worries about tanning..I tan and i am a redneck dude from texas its just i kinda need to during the summer and i have really light skin.
Dick

supersoldier

supersoldier

She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
Awards
  • Established
Swedish Beauty lotions are the best, by far. Buy them on ebay to save lots. Try Bonfire or Safire.

Also it is a rule that there must be at least 2 hot girls that work at every tanning salon.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
to ebay i go

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
:

Don't worry I'm from PA and tan off and on. When ever I run across the redneck types that find it strange that I tan I just say "yeah why" with a dead serious look on my face. That combined with 250lbs of muscle seems to shut them up.lol. By the way if your close to monroeville their is one of the best tanning salons I've seen out their. All their beds are high pressure beds and one even has a cd player actualy in the bed. If your interested let me know and I'll dig up the name of it. By the way if you decide to go with a tingle lotion give bombshell made by designer skin a try. It is one of the best I found.

cr4ytonic

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Anyone know a place online that sells good protective eye-goggles? They have them free at the place I go but they don't have any sort of strap so it is hard to flip over without them continuously falling off whilest face-down.

Also do you cover your face with a towel or anything while face-down? Seems like one would burn really bad w/ the face directly over the close bulbs. (right now I don't flip so my back is always a tad bit darker).

keith1569

Awards
huh i used to tan and never used any tanning oil or lotion. i never had the problem of burning, i would tan for about 15 min but i naturally am tan already. just saying because if you are low on cash you probably dont need the lotions. just mabe go in for a shorter amount of time.

cr4ytonic

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
huh i used to tan and never used any tanning oil or lotion. i never had the problem of burning, i would tan for about 15 min but i naturally am tan already. just saying because if you are low on cash you probably dont need the lotions. just mabe go in for a shorter amount of time.
Possibly you don't if you are naturally tan, but I think it is a necessity for us pasty-faced white boys.

Redspy

Board Supporter
Awards
I recently started using a stand-up machine (Sun Capsule) as I am naturally very pale. It really helps clear up my skin and makes muscle look much more defined and harder. I'm usually sat in an office 10 hours a day during the week so it's much easier to go to a tanning salon.