May 21, 2011 - 6pm - It all ends?

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
As most things in my life are, curiosity was sparked by a billboard on the drive to work. It said that the world will end on May 21, 2011. I'm thinkin "HOLY CRAP...HITS THE FAN, BATMAN!!!" And as with most things that involve religion (me being an atheist and whatnot), I simply have my wife look it up (quite the believer...don't ask how our relationship works).

Apparently there's some guy out there who did some calculations based on the good book. He figured out that the flood happened 7,000-some years ago, and that according to Rapture theory, we're due for another one. He says that this time, it's death by fire. (My mind entered Beavis-mode at this point and said FIRE!!! :firedevil: )

Reading on, and me paraphrasing a good bit, May 21 - more precisely at 6pm, though I don't know if that's EST, Mountain Time, or Papua New Guinea Time - it will all begin. It'll all end on October 21, so those of us left behind will have till then to do our final repent and hope to be 'saved'. In the meantime, Rapture theory says that the dead will rise from the graves. ALL of the dead. And dang, that's a whole lotta dead. Those who accepted Jesus will be instantly scooped up, while those who did not will walk the Earth.

Let me repeat that... THE DEAD WILL WALK THE EARTH. At this point, my brain went haywire. It's the frickin ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE!!!! Hordes upon hordes of undead non-Christian (or just crappy christian) zombies will infest the earth for 5 whole months. :11:

So for all of us who haven't accepted Christ, or maybe did it the wrong way or something, we'll be left to defend what little time and happiness we have left by fighting off billions of animated corpses... all while fending off hell on earth, convincing ourselves to accept what's going on, ask for forgiveness and hope it's not too late. Those who do get a ticket upward. Those who don't get to burn. Kinda harsh, but eh... depends on your perspective and beliefs.

Once again, I don't subscribe to this, but I have always found doom and gloom to be fascinating, if for nothing else but that it's something different from the usual grind. If you have thoughts, weigh in. I don't mean for this to a religious debate, so please do not get into that.

Discuss.
:soapbox:

Addendum: Some sources for your perusal:
http://www.ebiblefellowship.com/may21/
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40885541/ns/us_news-life/
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/04/may-21-2011-judgment-day_n_804166.html

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well then... I will be the first to say... Hear Hear to becoming dead walking flesh considering I am a pretty crappy Christian.

Lets just hope some of the good **** I have done can somehow outweigh the bad. Might even pick up a new bible that isn't illustrated for kids!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Look, yesterday was supposed to be the day Skynet went online and began trying to eradicate humans, and we got past that just fine.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well then... I will be the first to say... Hear Hear to becoming dead walking flesh considering I am a pretty crappy Christian.

Lets just hope some of the good **** I have done can somehow outweigh the bad. Might even pick up a new bible that isn't illustrated for kids!
I hear ya! My house is full of Bibles of all sorts. My wife is quite religious, or I should say, faithful. She doesn't prescribe to a particular faith, per se, other than Christianity and Judaism. She's versed, and eventhough I am a non-believer, so am I. I can debate pretty well with most Christians out there and many are convinced that I am a "man of God", so to speak. Nope, I just have knowledge, that's all. I've always held firm that religion is not a bad thing. It gives people hope and strength, and that can be a VERY good thing. I just believe in many different things, most of which can be seen with my own eyes and interpreted differently. To each their own.

Still... even if this were to become reality, I have to say that I'd be willing to stick around a bit to see the crap hit the fan. I'm not one to NOT believe; it just takes me a bit of convincing first. I'm an open person.

And fortunately, we have a lot of zombie resources like AnabolicMinds and cracked.com to aid us in our preparations. :cheers:

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I hear ya! My house is full of Bibles of all sorts. My wife is quite religious, or I should say, faithful. She doesn't prescribe to a particular faith, per se, other than Christianity and Judaism. She's versed, and eventhough I am a non-believer, so am I. I can debate pretty well with most Christians out there and many are convinced that I am a "man of God", so to speak. Nope, I just have knowledge, that's all. I've always held firm that religion is not a bad thing. It gives people hope and strength, and that can be a VERY good thing. I just believe in many different things, most of which can be seen with my own eyes and interpreted differently. To each their own.

Still... even if this were to become reality, I have to say that I'd be willing to stick around a bit to see the crap hit the fan. I'm not one to NOT believe; it just takes me a bit of convincing first. I'm an open person.

And fortunately, we have a lot of zombie resources like AnabolicMinds and cracked.com to aid us in our preparations. :cheers:
I am personally Catholic, but I also garner your same viewpoint. There are many out there that are very fervent to argue against religion because they do not hold the same viewpoint. Then I think to myself.... why? What is someones point to try to poke holes in someone elses belief system? I didnt know church on sunday really hurt people that much that they try to make a mockery of others beliefs.

But I guess that is the live and let live in me.

By the by.. just bought me a Browning 30ot6 X-Bolt stalker with a leapold scope... now normally I would use this for some whitetail knock downs and possibly future elk hunts, but I am not opposed to adding a bayonet and flash suppressor for some brain matter splatter considering I can keep groupings within an inch from 200 yards with it!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
it would be nice to get to use that case of 7.62 ammo in the garage

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've got a MAK90 with a couple 100 round drums. those things are a pain to load and wind up. but fun :) pity full auto kits are illegal. That does remind me I need to stock up on canned goods. Although living in florida we have plenty of fruits and berries growing wild.

crazym

Awards
Ill give him 10 grand now but he has to give me his house when the world doesnt end. Fair trade.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't have many guns. I don't have a whole lotta ammo. But, I do have a motorcycle covered in spikes, I'm really good with MacGuyverin' stuff, and I'm a better friend than enemy. I've also seen every episode of Man vs Wild. I think I might have a chance. ;)

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sweet, I always wanted to be here for the end. (takes out sunglasses and sun tan lotion for the heat)

I love how these pop up every few years. I will stick with the Maya damn it

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
Not to get off the subject of guns, but in the Bible, Jesus said that He Himself did not know when He would come again. That only the Father knows when that time will come.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not to get off the subject of guns, but in the Bible, Jesus said that He Himself did not know when He would come again. That only the Father knows when that time will come.
Has it not also been said that the Holy Trinity - The Father, The Son, and the Holy Ghost/Spirit - are all the same "being"?

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Has it not also been said that the Holy Trinity - The Father, The Son, and the Holy Ghost/Spirit - are all the same "being"?
so to speak.

it will be the same old story on May 22nd. Unless all the drama of the "Elenin Comet" actually corresponds to something

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
so to speak.

it will be the same old story on May 22nd. Unless all the drama of the "Elenin Comet" actually corresponds to something
Eh, we're all gonna die at some point anyway. If it just so happens that on May 21 at 6pm I get hit by a coal truck doing 90 on the highway while riding my bike, I won't know the difference anyway. Atleast I'll go out with a BANG, and that is all I could ever want!

Steakumm

Steakumm

Awards
When the Beast (muzlims) rule the 4 corners of the world Judgement day will come and God will throw all the little muzzie devils into the lake of fire with thier pedophile prophet moohamed.
Remeber the only way to the father is through the son. Save yourselves and accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior.

Burn the burka shut down the mosqe!

Last edited:
T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
When the Beast (muzlims) rule the 4 corners of the world Judgement day will come and God will throw all the little muzzie devils into the lake of fire with thier pedophile prophet moohamed.
Remeber the only way to the father is through the son. Save yourselves and accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior.

Ok, that was a bit uncalled for, my friend. Let's keep this really really religious free, from the perspective of hate. I don't that at all here, and the mods certainly do not. This wasn't intended to be a "my god's better than your god" thing, only a discussion of sorts and potential parody.

However, if you ask me which established religion I like best, I sorta have a thing for Taoism. :D

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
I've got a MAK90 with a couple 100 round drums. those things are a pain to load and wind up. but fun :) pity full auto kits are illegal. That does remind me I need to stock up on canned goods. Although living in florida we have plenty of fruits and berries growing wild.
I say we form a group and we bunker down over here, there's a fruit tree every few paces and plenty of goats. A person can live in the mountains easy. I need ppl with guns, the only guns I shoot have paint in them and my most proficient weapon is a machete, that while good for close encounter emergencies wouldn't be logical as a main offensive weapon.

Fire :firedevil:!!!!

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Considering your heart is so full of hatred, seems to me you aren't exactly following Christ's teachings. So much for love thy neighbor huh? Only follow the 10 commandments when convenient?

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ya know what religion I absolutely can not stand? Bees. I really really hate bees.

Wait.... that's not a religion, that's a type of insect. Oh, well. I still really really hate bees.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ya know what religion I absolutely can not stand? Bees. I really really hate bees.

Wait.... that's not a religion, that's a type of insect. Oh, well. I still really really hate bees.
Dude, WASPS are even worse.. they serve no purpose... not the insect or the wife version!

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dude, WASPS are even worse.. they serve no purpose... not the insect or the wife version!
I can never get them straight... are those the ones that are often all black and can sting multiple times? If so... FAWK THAT!! I got HAMMERED last summer by one while riding. Bounced off my helmet, slid down my vest and SLAMMED me right in the sternum. It felt like I got whacked with Thor's hammer, except on FIRE!!! Pulled over, untucked my shirt and flung it out, stamped it to death. Dad's allergic, and all my family was 7 miles away (where I was headed), so needless to say that ride was the calmest 2-wheeled commute I've EVER had. Fortunately, I'm not allergic to 'em... But still.. F U WASPS!!!!

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
Funny u bring up hating bees and zombies together.

I have Zombees around my house o_O

they are these fat lazy buzzing bees that actually end up walking slowly across the floor and u have to be careful not to step on them because if ur barefoot they'll sting ya

BB12

BB12

Awards
  • Established
Tim, great post and makes me laugh....as some of the items I can relate to.

I look at it this way...at any given moment, a piece of plaque that's been just hanging on to my inter most important valve... decides that today is the day it wants to take a ride on the BB12 system......

Lights out....everything fades to black.

I think its time for some caffeine ;)

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
Now, after His death, yes. But when He (Jesus) was walking the earth, no.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i got boxes of hollow tips and shot gun shells ready for this day, bring on the zombies, they are gonna get owned

airram479

Awards
  • Established
Well that just f--kin blows! That date will technically be the start of my 10 day vacation.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
hopefully you have a second floor room, with wooden staircases that can easily be destroyed with an axe, and thick walls.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

I think you need to cross over the anger bridge and come back to the friendship shore.

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I agree. Nobody but God/Jesus will know. That is why I never take billboards or anyone that thinks they can predict these things seriously.

They are fun to talk about.

airram479

Awards
  • Established
hopefully you have a second floor room, with wooden staircases that can easily be destroyed with an axe, and thick walls.

I do have a 2nd floor with wooden staircases--easily destroyed with a chain saw!

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I agree. Nobody but God/Jesus will know. That is why I never take billboards or anyone that thinks they can predict these things seriously.

They are fun to talk about.
Jesus, is my facebook friend, at least that's what he told me. And he wouldn't lie because number one that's a sin, and number two, no one lies on the interweb. If there is any hot girls in this thread, I'm 6"5 225lbs of rock solid muscle, with 5% body fat. I'm also a doctor. Again, no one lies on the intertube, plus Jesus would be pissed.

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Jesus, is my facebook friend, at least that's what he told me. And he wouldn't lie because number one that's a sin, and number two, no one lies on the interweb. If there is any hot girls in this thread, I'm 6"5 225lbs of rock solid muscle, with 5% body fat. I'm also a doctor. Again, no one lies on the intertube, plus Jesus would be pissed.
I am failing to see the connection between that^ and my post.
I take Jesus pretty serious so perhaps that is why I don't understand.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am failing to see the connection between that^ and my post.
I take Jesus pretty serious so perhaps that is why I don't understand.
This whole thing just got awkward, so hmmm first let me just say my bad and secondly, not to be a tattle tale or anything, so I won't say anyone's name (Easy) also, ahh never mind, I'm just going to stop talking now.

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
This whole thing just got awkward, so hmmm first let me just my bad and secondly, not to be a tattle tale or anything, so I won't say anyone's name (Easy) also, ahh never mind, I'm just going to stop talking now.
haha!

I wasn't upset or anything. I just really didn't understand. No reason to say 'my bad'. I respect that everyone has different beliefs. I was in no way starting a holy war.

I appreciate the respect. It just wasn't necessary.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Now, after His death, yes. But when He (Jesus) was walking the earth, no.
Perhaps, or is that what THEY want you to believe? Eh? Think about it... ;)

i got boxes of hollow tips and shot gun shells ready for this day, bring on the zombies, they are gonna get owned
I haz a slingshot. And I rock. :*******:

waynaferd

waynaferd

Awards
  • Established
I'm like 2000 feet from the mighty Penobscot river up here, which flows to the Atlantic, and its full of islands, and even tho indians own the land, I think I'll head out back when the fire starts.....And I figure animals will do the same, so I'll be equipped with rifle and fishing pole :D

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
LOL, Ive got a few rounds and shells stocked up too, not for this reason, but if need be, they should be enough to do the trick, at least for a while.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
To prepare, I've been spending the last 6 months reading articles at Cracked each and every day. I'm ready for the zombies.

WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established
Remember Cardio.