Knee injury!

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.71%

Knee injury!

I think I stretched or tore something in my knee while throwing someone out of my bar last night. Im pretty sure I tore it. Im on crutches and in a knee immobilizer that keeps me from bending my leg.

Obviously lower body workouts are out of the question. This is very disappointing considering I am almost 2 weeks off of a SD cycle and was doing great at keeping my gains, and now im afraid im going to lose them all because I cant do legs and much of my gains were in my legs.

The doc has cleared me to do upper body workouts, which still allows me to maintain some upper body strength and hopefully size as well.

Does anyone have any good tips as to how I can keep a maximal amount of muscle mass that I worked so hard for during my cycle?

anything that would help, whether change in diet, training, change in amount of time working out, etc. Any tips at all would be much appreciated.

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.42%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I would say to just keep your calories in a decent range and proper nutrition. Your very limited as for options so I guess just hope for the best untill you get treatment for your knee. Best of luck man.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  265 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.85%

Better let it heal properly 100% now than try and work it any at all through the pain. It's better to take a little loss in the gains you made off your recent cycle than to risk a long term injury that never heals fully. Get it checked out by a doc if the pain doesn't subside or go away in a few days.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.71%

Quote Originally Posted by Oldnsweaty View Post
    Better let it heal properly 100% now than try and work it any at all through the pain. It's better to take a little loss in the gains you made off your recent cycle than to risk a long term injury that never heals fully. Get it checked out by a doc if the pain doesn't subside or go away in a few days.
    I have an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon in two days. I didnt plan on doing anything lower body until the doc clears me. Its just disappointing that my gains may suffer because some idiot thought he was too cool for school
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.54%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by rayactr2k6 View Post
    I have an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon in two days. I didnt plan on doing anything lower body until the doc clears me. Its just disappointing that my gains may suffer because some idiot thought he was too cool for school
    My money is on a torn meniscus. I've torn mine 2 times and had 2 sugeries. Let me guess, as you planted a foot, you twisted or pushed to the side and felt a slight pop? Shortly there after, it started swelling up and the pain came on? If so, it's your meniscus and it's very common. It's a simple out-patient ortho surgery which shouldn't take more than 1.5 hours.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.71%

Quote Originally Posted by kanakafarian View Post
    My money is on a torn meniscus. I've torn mine 2 times and had 2 sugeries. Let me guess, as you planted a foot, you twisted or pushed to the side and felt a slight pop? Shortly there after, it started swelling up and the pain came on? If so, it's your meniscus and it's very common. It's a simple out-patient ortho surgery which shouldn't take more than 1.5 hours.
    Ya thats what I think it is too. I've had two miniscus surgeries on my other knee. And yes thats exactly what happened as i planted my foot.

Do you know of anything that would help me keep my gains? I'm able to to upper body stuff, just nothing standing obviously.

Should I try to keep eating the same amount of calories even though I cant work my legs or do cardio?
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  122 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.8%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

3 knee surgeries.... all for a torn meniscus and for cleaning it out as they called it.. good luck

TC
    RIP Ryan, :(
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.54%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by toughchick401 View Post
    3 knee surgeries.... all for a torn meniscus and for cleaning it out as they called it.. good luck

TC
    Same here so I feel ya!

Similar Forum Threads

1. knee injury...
    By Slammer17 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-11-2010, 09:35 PM
  2. Best Agent to Heal VMO/Knee Injury
    By coolbreeze in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-07-2009, 08:56 AM
  3. knee injury - really depressed!