anyone here get eczema from lactose intolerance?

bound

bound

Awards
  • Established
Title says it all....

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is it from milk specifically or any dairy product?

The reason I ask is that casein has one of the highest rates of allergies out there.

bound

bound

Awards
  • Established
It's my sister. I was just doing some research and it seems like all the minor issues that she's had lead back to lactose intolerance. I'm just especially curious about the eczema. She doesn't have health care so she's not likely to have the blood test done anytime soon, so for now i've got her off all dairy for the the next couple of weeks to see how she feels. Thanks for any help or insight!

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It may not be an intolerance but an allergic reaction to one of the proteins (casein)

I am the same way... If I drink milk I break out with eczema and get heart burn/ acid refulx

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
Has she tried lactose free milk with the same result?

bound

bound

Awards
  • Established
Has she tried lactose free milk with the same result?
we just started eliminating all dairy this week, we're still trying to figure out if it really is lactose intolerance. She doesn't drink milk at all, anyway, though. She eats a ton of cheese, so she's sad about that.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
The better plan is to go to lactose free milk. If she still has problems after a few weeks then eliminate milk. This way you know if it's the lactose or something else in milk.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
get rid of all dairy and gluten in the diet. switch to dr.bronner soap for all showering purposes (can be purchased at vitamin shoppe, whole foods, online)

coco2

Awards
I tried the elimination diet before as well, had to dtop eating beef, seafood, white bread, chocolate, dairy product, etc... Unfortunately I couldn't see any improvements in my skin at all.
I think it has more to do with stress and the environment (eg. dust mites on carpets, the hot and humid weather, air-conditioning)
Dermatologists just couldn't help me in finding out the roots of the problem:grumpy: