How can i increase my height?

cainemich

Awards
I am 20 years old and my height is 5.2inch which is short. I want to increase my height but for this i don't know what i do? If you have any suggestion so please reply me.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am 20 years old and my height is 5.2inch which is short. I want to increase my height but for this i don't know what i do? If you have any suggestion so please reply me.
If you've reached your natural maximum height at 20 years old - which most generally have - then you can't increase your height. You can try and give the illusion of appearing taller by doing things such as ensuring good posture, wearing tall shoes, etc., but you're not really going to physically get taller.

~Rosie~

phatmike0704

phatmike0704

Awards
  • Established
dam ur short bro... i doubt u can do anythin, get ur knees done maybe but u mite not be able to walk from what heard lol

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You can go to China and have them break your legs and held in traction further apart for them to heal with the increased length added. Painful and requires you to be bed ridden for an ungodly amount of time, but it does work. However, I don't think I would go for it :D

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
Watch for the next tractor pulls to come to city near you.

j/k when you're done, you're done. Growing that is.

Oh, and you may want to pick up some weight gainer. Stats say you're 30lbs.

snuggy

Awards
I guess you have crossed the natural age for increasing height. Check if you have a family history of short people. Instead of worrying about your physical height, concentrate on how to be a great person. Your good heart and habits will surpass your height and make you a great human being. If you are bothered about your physical appearances, go for a high bottom shoes to make you look tall. End of day, you are what you are and try to be a better person.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
umm what if you're 5' 11" or alittle over and want to fix your mild scoliosis to get to 6' 1/2"? I was wondering if the barbell row and other back strengthening exercises help with this. I discovered recently that I have flat feet and have bought new shoes and very good inserts, so maybe that'll help my posture too.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
umm what if you're 5' 11" or alittle over and want to fix your mild scoliosis to get to 6' 1/2"? I was wondering if the barbell row and other back strengthening exercises help with this. I discovered recently that I have flat feet and have bought new shoes and very good inserts, so maybe that'll help my posture too.
If you have a mild scoliosis then weight training will help to strengthen your muscles and prevent the damage and issues that might occur otherwise. I have a scoliosis in my certical vertebrae from a back injury back in 2004, and one of my lecturers during my degree said that my training was the only reason I do not have problems with it today. Building up the muscle mass in your back can help re preventing issues from scoliosos as well.

~Rosie~

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
If you have a mild scoliosis then weight training will help to strengthen your muscles and prevent the damage and issues that might occur otherwise. I have a scoliosis in my certical vertebrae from a back injury back in 2004, and one of my lecturers during my degree said that my training was the only reason I do not have problems with it today. Building up the muscle mass in your back can help re preventing issues from scoliosos as well.

~Rosie~
Thank you for your input. My back has been feeling better recently with my new shoes and with training. I have heard stories of people not fixing their scoliosis completely but lessening the degree and thus gaining some height.

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
Enjoy the fact that you put on 10 pounds of muscle and look jacked as hell. There are benefits of being short. You can fit in all those zippy sports cars too.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thank you for your input. My back has been feeling better recently with my new shoes and with training. I have heard stories of people not fixing their scoliosis completely but lessening the degree and thus gaining some height.
No worries :)

Yes, well, if you somehow manage to pull the spine back into alignment, then you can gain some height, yes, but it's not going to be more than you were before you got the scoliosis - unless you got it in your early years (before you had reached your full height and knew what it was).

~Rosie~

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
No worries :)

Yes, well, if you somehow manage to pull the spine back into alignment, then you can gain some height, yes, but it's not going to be more than you were before you got the scoliosis - unless you got it in your early years (before you had reached your full height and knew what it was).

~Rosie~
I got scoliosis during puberty. My right shoulder was actually noticeably higher than the left, but that's not the case now.

owlicks

owlicks

Awards
You can go to China and have them break your legs and held in traction further apart for them to heal with the increased length added. Painful and requires you to be bed ridden for an ungodly amount of time, but it does work. However, I don't think I would go for it :D
I didn't believe you until I found an article talking about it! www . chinapost . com . tw/china/local-news/shanghai/2010/04/12/252245/Chinese-doctor.htm (remove spaces)

rakfunk12

Awards
doing certain stretches can help improve spinal alignment perhaps giving you a tad more height but nothing drastic

4evathrowed

Awards
Dude who cares about height and other shallow sh!t like that nothin is forever just be happy that your alive and in good health.Don't get to caught up in life worrying about the flesh and things you have no control over.Just exercise train and treat your body right and wear nice clothes and walk around like your the man with your head up high and smiling.Cause no ones better than you short or tall ugly or handsome.We are all flawed humans who have date with death that we won't miss.