How can i increase my height?

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'3"  30 lbs.

How can i increase my height?

I am 20 years old and my height is 5.2inch which is short. I want to increase my height but for this i don't know what i do? If you have any suggestion so please reply me.

2. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  122 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by cainemich View Post
    I am 20 years old and my height is 5.2inch which is short. I want to increase my height but for this i don't know what i do? If you have any suggestion so please reply me.
    If you've reached your natural maximum height at 20 years old - which most generally have - then you can't increase your height. You can try and give the illusion of appearing taller by doing things such as ensuring good posture, wearing tall shoes, etc., but you're not really going to physically get taller.

~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.

dam ur short bro... i doubt u can do anythin, get ur knees done maybe but u mite not be able to walk from what heard lol
    if blow was characterized as a guy, consider me a homosexual :)
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

You can go to China and have them break your legs and held in traction further apart for them to heal with the increased length added. Painful and requires you to be bed ridden for an ungodly amount of time, but it does work. However, I don't think I would go for it
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  171 lbs.

Watch for the next tractor pulls to come to city near you.

j/k when you're done, you're done. Growing that is.

Oh, and you may want to pick up some weight gainer. Stats say you're 30lbs.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  202 lbs.

5'3" 30lbs?! Geez...
  7. Registered User

I guess you have crossed the natural age for increasing height. Check if you have a family history of short people. Instead of worrying about your physical height, concentrate on how to be a great person. Your good heart and habits will surpass your height and make you a great human being. If you are bothered about your physical appearances, go for a high bottom shoes to make you look tall. End of day, you are what you are and try to be a better person.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

umm what if you're 5' 11" or alittle over and want to fix your mild scoliosis to get to 6' 1/2"? I was wondering if the barbell row and other back strengthening exercises help with this. I discovered recently that I have flat feet and have bought new shoes and very good inserts, so maybe that'll help my posture too.
  9. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  122 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by DerickVonD View Post
    umm what if you're 5' 11" or alittle over and want to fix your mild scoliosis to get to 6' 1/2"? I was wondering if the barbell row and other back strengthening exercises help with this. I discovered recently that I have flat feet and have bought new shoes and very good inserts, so maybe that'll help my posture too.
    If you have a mild scoliosis then weight training will help to strengthen your muscles and prevent the damage and issues that might occur otherwise. I have a scoliosis in my certical vertebrae from a back injury back in 2004, and one of my lecturers during my degree said that my training was the only reason I do not have problems with it today. Building up the muscle mass in your back can help re preventing issues from scoliosos as well.

~Rosie~

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    If you have a mild scoliosis then weight training will help to strengthen your muscles and prevent the damage and issues that might occur otherwise. I have a scoliosis in my certical vertebrae from a back injury back in 2004, and one of my lecturers during my degree said that my training was the only reason I do not have problems with it today. Building up the muscle mass in your back can help re preventing issues from scoliosos as well.

~Rosie~
    Thank you for your input. My back has been feeling better recently with my new shoes and with training. I have heard stories of people not fixing their scoliosis completely but lessening the degree and thus gaining some height.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  228 lbs.

Enjoy the fact that you put on 10 pounds of muscle and look jacked as hell. There are benefits of being short. You can fit in all those zippy sports cars too.
  12. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  122 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by DerickVonD View Post
    Thank you for your input. My back has been feeling better recently with my new shoes and with training. I have heard stories of people not fixing their scoliosis completely but lessening the degree and thus gaining some height.
    No worries

Yes, well, if you somehow manage to pull the spine back into alignment, then you can gain some height, yes, but it's not going to be more than you were before you got the scoliosis - unless you got it in your early years (before you had reached your full height and knew what it was).

~Rosie~

13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    No worries

Yes, well, if you somehow manage to pull the spine back into alignment, then you can gain some height, yes, but it's not going to be more than you were before you got the scoliosis - unless you got it in your early years (before you had reached your full height and knew what it was).

~Rosie~
    I got scoliosis during puberty. My right shoulder was actually noticeably higher than the left, but that's not the case now.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  197 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by CopyCat View Post
    You can go to China and have them break your legs and held in traction further apart for them to heal with the increased length added. Painful and requires you to be bed ridden for an ungodly amount of time, but it does work. However, I don't think I would go for it
    I didn't believe you until I found an article talking about it! www . chinapost . com . tw/china/local-news/shanghai/2010/04/12/252245/Chinese-doctor.htm (remove spaces)
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  0 lbs.

doing certain stretches can help improve spinal alignment perhaps giving you a tad more height but nothing drastic
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by rakfunk12 View Post
    doing certain stretches can help improve spinal alignment perhaps giving you a tad more height but nothing drastic
    Well All I really want is an extra inch.
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.

You could try wearing high heels
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by cainemich View Post
    Dude who cares about height and other shallow sh!t like that nothin is forever just be happy that your alive and in good health.Don't get to caught up in life worrying about the flesh and things you have no control over.Just exercise train and treat your body right and wear nice clothes and walk around like your the man with your head up high and smiling.Cause no ones better than you short or tall ugly or handsome.We are all flawed humans who have date with death that we won't miss.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. (help) how to Increase height ??
    By Barcelona99 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 10-30-2011, 11:20 AM
  2. HGH Height Increase.
    By asdf123 in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-22-2009, 07:40 PM
  3. Height Increase : What do you think of this ?
    By morphine13 in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-14-2006, 03:15 PM