How well dose being a bouncer pay?

raulob72

Awards
  • Established
A friend here in Wichita Kansas only makes 10 per hour!!:(

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
I have a few friends who do it as a second job, but it's just that, a second job. Look to make about what a hotel security would make but you gotta deal with all the drunkards. Not worth it in my opinion.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
A friend here in Wichita Kansas only makes 10 per hour!!:(
If a persons in a hurry to get a job, is there really anything that starts much better? He dose get full fortie hours right?

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Yeah man i just do it on the side as a second job. $12 an hour. 4-10 hours per month. 10pm-2am. Only upside is I get 50% off on food and drinks :) And the women will be all over you.

But really though, just depends from bar to bar. I've asked around at other places....some guys get $100 cash each night....others $15 an hour. So shop around if you can.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Our guy Kim (swollwilliams) is a bouncer at a strip club. No idea what he makes, but really, would you even want paid??? :cheers:

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
LOL@ the last comment. So is there no way to romote yourself and work at more than one place? dose your "bouncer company" just assign you to a place and that's all you get?

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
LOL@ the last comment. So is there no way to romote yourself and work at more than one place? dose your "bouncer company" just assign you to a place and that's all you get?
I wouldn't see how that would work unless the owner has several nightclubs/establishments that you could bounce at. To my knowledge there is no such thing as a bouncer company. Typically, you bounce for one bar and that's it. You're directly employed by that bar/club.

and it's not DOSE - it's DOES.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't see how that would work unless the owner has several nightclubs/establishments that you could bounce at. To my knowledge there is no such thing as a bouncer company. Typically, you bounce for one bar and that's it. You're directly employed by that bar/club.

and it's not DOSE - it's DOES.
OK. That make a whole lot of sence.

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
If you live in a college town you could get decent hours. I know I worked about 30-35 a week a few years back. It can be a nice gig but it all depends on where you bounce at. Some high scale places pay good $$$.

drivehard

drivehard

Awards
  • Established
I only got minimum wage...and 5% of the tips for the night. Not hardly worth the time, but I was dating one of the bartenders at the time.

phatmike0704

phatmike0704

Awards
  • Established
i would for a side job, simple job

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You bounce to get ***** and cheap alcohol when not working. It's not a career path :)

airram479

Awards
  • Established
My brother has been bouncing for a couple years--when needed. His real pay comes from tending bar and bar-backing.

He told me awhile back that the only benefit there is to being a bouncer is the women.

If your looking to get paid to hang out at a party look into bartending or being the DJ--that is the guy i'd want to be!

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Plus, everyone knows that it's the Cooler and not the Bouncer that gets the fat paycheck... Roadhouse!