Living to 80
- 02-22-2011, 07:41 AM
Living to 80
I recently picked a new primary care doctor. After two visits and exhaustive Lab tests, he said I was doing 'fairly well' for my age.
(I just turned sixty-something.)
A little concerned about that comment, I couldn't resist asking him, 'Do you think I'll live to be 80?'
He asked, 'Do you smoke tobacco, or drink beer, wine or hard liquor?
'Oh no,' I replied. 'I'm not doing drugs, either!'
Then he asked, 'Do you eat rib-eye steaks and barbecued Ribs?
'I said, 'Not much... my former doctor said that all red meat is very unhealthy!'
'Do you spend a lot of time in the sun, like playing golf, boating, sailing, hiking, or bicycling?'
'No, I don't,' I said.
He asked, 'Do you gamble, drive fast cars, or have a lots of sex?'
'No,' I said...
He looked at me and said,.. 'Then, why do you even give a ****?PrimeNutrition.com > 20% Off Coupon Code = theneck
BlackStoneLabs.co/ > 10% Off Coupon Code = theneck
- 02-22-2011, 08:37 AM
- 03-04-2011, 06:20 AM
Practice yoga, meditation, eat fresh fruits, vegetables, nuts. Avoid spicy, junk, processed, canned and sugar based foods. Drink plenty of water & fresh juices. Do no drink alcohol or smoke. You can easily cross 80.
03-04-2011, 08:47 AM
Similar Forum Threads
- By arizonanewbie in forum General ChatReplies: 74Last Post: 05-24-2008, 10:06 AM
- By Jayhawkk in forum General ChatReplies: 18Last Post: 05-06-2008, 08:45 AM
- By MentalTwitch in forum General ChatReplies: 93Last Post: 10-21-2007, 01:40 AM
- By David Dunn in forum General ChatReplies: 13Last Post: 09-26-2007, 05:05 AM
- By Rock Lee in forum General ChatReplies: 33Last Post: 06-22-2004, 08:38 PM