K1....this $hit is not for the weak at heart.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Last night a buddy of mine had some people over to get the 4th of July weekend started off right. This dude has like everything on his cable that you could possibly imagine. Like that On-Demand, etc....

So we started watching that K1 fighting. HOLY ****, those guys are big. This one dude was like only 215 or so and 5'11" and was an animal. Totally fvcking ripped, like 22" biceps and as quick as ****. He got backed up in the corner and then proceeded to kick his rival (which was about a foot taller than him and had a good 50lbs on him easily) directly in the face right from the front; more or less just stepping on his mouth.

I always heard of you guys checking it out and all but I haven't had the chance to tune in until last night. Damn, I think I gotta new interest...LOL... :twisted:

S

size

Awards
  • Established
K1 is exciting. Cung Le is the man to beat.

However, if you want to see even more exciting fights watch Pride or UFC. These guys are serious athletes trained in numerous styles of martial arts, hence called mixed martial arts fighting. These fighters are unreal. In Pride, guys like Fedor, Mirko Filipovic, and Wanderlei Silva, just to name a few, are unbelievably gifted as athletes and fighters.
I have a friend who does MMA and I like to wrestle with him sometimes and he punishes me. :)

A few pics for you:
Ready for a world of hurt- http://www.pridefc.com/cgi-bin/pic_photo.cgi?/pride2004/imgs/gallery/bishido3/23_l.jpg
http://www.pridefc.com/cgi-bin/pic_photo.cgi?/pride2004/imgs/gallery/bishido3/12_l.jpg

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Last night a buddy of mine had some people over to get the 4th of July weekend started off right. This dude has like everything on his cable that you could possibly imagine. Like that On-Demand, etc....

So we started watching that K1 fighting. HOLY ****, those guys are big. This one dude was like only 215 or so and 5'11" and was an animal. Totally fvcking ripped, like 22" biceps and as quick as ****. He got backed up in the corner and then proceeded to kick his rival (which was about a foot taller than him and had a good 50lbs on him easily) directly in the face right from the front; more or less just stepping on his mouth.

I always heard of you guys checking it out and all but I haven't had the chance to tune in until last night. Damn, I think I gotta new interest...LOL... :twisted:

Look around for some footage of Bob Sapp. Biggest dude I have ever seen at 6'5" and 375. Check it-

He's not all that great, but damn is he big.

S

size

Awards
  • Established
Here is a series of Mirko Filipovic and Silva.
First three are Filipovic kicking a fighter in the jugular area of his neck.
Second three are Silva laying down the fist.

Attachments

L

lancelot

Banned
Awards
  • Established
K1 is the ****! i luv stand-up fights. Cung Le's got major talent, but too bad he's too small to fight the big boys. another +4 inches and +50 pounds and he be world champion in every kickboxing event.

M

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'm an avid fan of MMA. The match your talking about is probably Fujita-Bob Sapp for the K1 heavyweight MMA title. Fujita is not 5'11"(Pro-wrestking stats) more like 5'9" but stocky as hell. He is a pro-wrestling but had an amatuer background.

Some pics here:
http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/fight/k1/live/200405/22/photo/a09/index.html

Sapp could actually be a decent fighter but he's so used up by K1 to do commercials/promos/shows in Japan he hardly ever has time to train. So I really pity him for being the sacrificial lamb for Fujita who is quite a monster in his own right.

K1 is actually a kickboxing/muay-thai promotion but is branching out into MMA as well. The 3 big promotions - K1(kickboxing)/Inoki(Pro-wrestling)/Pride(NHB) in Japan used to work together but they are now rivals. So K1 started an MMA show of its own and Pride have also started a wrestling (Hustle?) promotion. Its too bad they can't work together.

I don't really like CungLee, only he seems to know what the rules of his san-shou matches are. He should really go into MMA but he enjoys being a big fish in a small pond.

M

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I prefer watching Pride which just had a very good show as always. There was 2 freaky slams in the same night.

First Rampage slammed Arona which ended the match by KO.

Then Randleman suplexed Fedor on his head but got submitted later.

Attachments

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Marcus, this dude that was 5-11 was black and had a bleached hair buzzcut. That one cat's pic that you posted kinda looks like him, but I really don't think it was. Plus this dude was HUGE bro...I'm talking HUGE...

And then the other cat who he was fighting was even bigger but not as ripped. He was white, not Bob Sapp, I know who that is....but the white dude got his face stepped on and then the fight was over....LOL...

Damn, I wish I would've payed attention to it more so I could tell you guys who it was but the stereo was blastin and I couldn't hear much if I wanted to. :frustrate :drunk:

M

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Then the black 5'11" guy must be Mike Mcdonald. He has comic book muscles and the hair.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Then the black 5'11" guy must be Mike Mcdonald. He has comic book muscles and the hair.
Yeah, you know what, that name sounds familliar now. Comic book is definately the word for him too. Got any pics?

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Yep, he's the one, thx size. That dude has way too much speed and strength for anyone else it seems. Bigger guys can't even see 'em.

He sure stepped on that guys face though...LOL... :icon_lol:

F

fiddler

Awards
Yep, he's the one, thx size. That dude has way too much speed and strength for anyone else it seems. Bigger guys can't even see 'em.

He sure stepped on that guys face though...LOL... :icon_lol:
guess how old he is?

40!

he was K1 champion for a few years. i think he just lost the hunger to win. It looks like he might be trying to make a comeback.

fiddler

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Holy fvck man....these days, 30 is the new 40... :thumbsup:

S

SCORPIO

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, Jerg it's the ****......and Mcdonald is in awsome shape. I am an avid fan of UFC, King of the Kage, Pride, K1. I was also able to get every channel available a while back, but no more.....hadn't seen an event in a while. although, I did see that fight you were talking about where Mcdonald kicked the guys face.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Its all fun and games until you see a guy's knee hyperextend,lol.

M

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I hardly ever post at Sherdog. Great site for news, bad site for the excessive noob/punk traffic.

I hope Fedor-Nog II doesn't happen. God knows those 2 have proven themselves time and time again. Let them fight the dangerous dark horses and see if they can kick their game up a notch.

With Silva-Kondo slotted, the GP finals will be pure swweeeeetness.

Don't really follow KB but JLB is petty good to be working hard at his age.

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
First Rampage slammed Arona which ended the match by KO.
Can you tell he's my favorite fighter? This motherfucker picks people up off the ground and just SLAAAMS them against the canvas on a regular basis. THAT'S tight. :thumbsup:

Download all the highlight videos over at http://www.sherdog.com/videos/videos.asp?v_cat=1

That should get you started. Note that there are 2 pages. (Quinton Jackson is on the second page. ;))