Just venting about onlin ecollege course

1slowcivic

Awards
I e-mail Penn Foster and explain that I'm currently on deployment. I ask if I can continue on with the course even though the class participation portion is still being worked on. Given the short amount of time before receiving a response, its easy to tell that the "instructor" didn't even take time to think it over before replying and tellin me no. Gonna do my best to pass the class but I'm gonna be pissed if I run out of time because of the class participation.

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I e-mail Penn Foster and explain that I'm currently on deployment. I ask if I can continue on with the course even though the class participation portion is still being worked on. Given the short amount of time before receiving a response, its easy to tell that the "instructor" didn't even take time to think it over before replying and tellin me no. Gonna do my best to pass the class but I'm gonna be pissed if I run out of time because of the class participation.
this sucks to hear.yea I made the same mistake and didn't check before hand what type of teacher was doing the online class.I got a B one time instead of an A because for the group project a few people decided to punk out a day before a paper was due.

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
Were you deployed before the class started?

bakerderek0

bakerderek0

Awards
  • Established
Online college is sham. How are you supposed to party every night & meet hot chicks with online classes? F online college. They don't offer my main study. HAVING A GOOD FUGGIN TIME.

On a more serious note: F your instructor! You're deployed for god sake!

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I take my online courses through Coastline Community College and they have been extremely flexible with me and my deployments. Especially since I am in an extremely high op tempo billet. I got an F once due to not fnishing a class due to a sudden departure and was able to get it stricken with a letter from my command stating my circumstances.

airram479

Awards
  • Established
I would seek out some legal advice, but that's me, and my cousin is an attorney.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would seek out some legal advice, but that's me, and my cousin is an attorney.
Umm, I'm not sure that would get him very far. Especially for the cost. Unless you are offering your cousin's services free of charge. Military legal won't help in this realm. Also, depending on what the course syllabus etc states, which can be a binding contract it won;t change anything. Any leeway afforded is almost always entirely up to the individual instructors. It ends up the luck of the draw whether or not you get someone understanding or a dikc.

Side note: For future reference everyone, go to ratemyprofessor.com before choosing which instructor you want. It's helped me more than I can tell.