ADD/ADHD medications

purelife2

purelife2

Awards
anyone here on any medications for this...im 40 years old and have had problems for years...was on antidepressants but im not depressed...i am obsesive compulsive..but also somewhat ADD..never wanted to take meds but my mind wonders so much it keeps me from getting my work done..i have started about 15 projects at one job i work at and can never get anything completely finished...i see a shrink every 2 weeks for 2 years so i am going to finally talk to her about getting me on something..i am concerned about the side effects...years of juice has left me prone to libido shutdown already so i dont want to make matters worse..i dont like to toot my own horn but im a very bright person..i have successfully started 3 different small companies from scratch and all became somewhat successful..but like anything else in life i lost my major interest and let them fizzle out...was also a personal trainer and had very good clientele but also lost interest in that...its definatly ruining my life..i have to be obsesive compulsive or i will never accomplish anything..if i do the same thing then its like a routine to me..if i go to work out and no preplanned agenda or something like p90x my mind wonders the whole time and i get little done..this morning like every morning i wake up at 630am to take my oldest daughter to school..im back home by 715 and its always 1030/11am before i even move and then i get mad and frustrated because i can get my work done for the day...i have another big opportunity now but i cant pull my head out of my butt to get rolling on it...my shrinks husband is a chiropractor and 2 of her friends husbands are medical doctors who deal with a lot of overweight women..she has been talking to me to go back into personal training and all 3 offices would recommend their patients to me..i let my certification expire years ago so now all i have to do is get off my butt and do it again

lartinos

lartinos

Awards
Try and focus about things you really care about. Something must get your attention.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
OP, look into meditation. Very underrated. It has improved my stress levels, addictions including bad eating habits, focus, sleep, ADD, and life in general. I encourage you to consider it.

purelife2

purelife2

Awards
OP, look into meditation. Very underrated. It has improved my stress levels, addictions including bad eating habits, focus, sleep, ADD, and life in general. I encourage you to consider it.
which ones have worked for you
thanks

purelife2

purelife2

Awards
well after another visit with my Physch counselor today i am going back to my head shrink on monday to discuss my options..was told all 3 of them had diagnosed me with ADHD and OCD..so it must be official im a whack job..but i cant handle this anymore so im going to get some meds to help me cope for a while..im realy hoping the added focus i should get can be added to my workout and diet life to