bb.com sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

shady

Awards
i rarely post over there because evryone is out to tell you how dumb you are . i gave a guy a joke answer about a thread i thought it was harmless fun . next thing i know i'm a low post haveing band wagon person . wtf ? then i tell the guy how cell-tech is crap and if he thinks he is smater then me for using it so be it . then someone says how i am a dumbass and ways saying the same thing as the other guy . f^ck that and f^ck him . to me that is what 70 % of the people go there for is to start **** with someone or to degrade them . f^ck you . i am so glad not to see any of that bs here . and some of you here are the mane ones who do it at bb.com . so why do you act nice here ? i say the same questions posted here more than once but, huh i haven't seen any flameing . why , i would say because i would think that BDC would ban your ass . and BDC you can tell me if i'm wrong . holla

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
Shady I completely agree with you, over the past 2-3 months bb.com has become a place where dumb people try to act like they know what they are talking about, and I tactfully correct them and I get flamed by 3-4 people telling me how I'm the one tht stupid...yeah...

...I like it here a lot more.:cool:

People on BB.com are so dumb that they think N02 is the same as plain Arginine:

check this out:

http://www.bdcnutrition.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=166

and check out my response to it.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
pretty true....asking questions, having fun, sharing information are all great man, but some threads over there and some dudes be kinda ticking me off lately. I really didnt notice til a couple weeks back. there isnt an ideal forum but for sure, but junk like you guys mentioned dont belong

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
I hate flaming . i hate it with PASSION. If someone asks a dumb question chuckle to yourself and give a good answer back or don't answer. if I see flaming like what goes on at bb.com I will ban them. No questions asked.... Well thats my positions on it.. Talk to ya..

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
If someone asks a dumb question chuckle to yourself and give a good answer back or don't answer.

Yeah, like that happens over there...all they do is bitch and whine about using the "search"button, I prefer to tactfully answer the question, no matter how dumb it is, not send the asker on a damn wild goose chase.

JMO

:cool:

bigbadboss101

Awards
Lets hope that would come migrate here. If one has nothing good to say, don't say anything.

wardog

Awards
  • Established
I kind of like Animals board in that respect. He does go overboard, but you know..if you dont know your ****..you DONT post. I have lurked there for 6-8 months..probably posted 3 times. I just watch and learn. I almost would like to see the same type of philosophy used here...may the mods use that edit key well and frequently.

Boarder1

Awards
From surfing the BB.com board the past few months, I did use the search button to find items. To my dismay, many of the threads I found were flame threads to use the search button, very puzzling.

I just watch and learn. I almost would like to see the same type of philosophy used here...may the mods use that edit key well and frequently.
I couldn't agree with you more. There are some very EXTREMELY intelligent and experienced people on these Bodybuilding boards and the information and experiences they provide are invaluable. The only flaw is that you have people who are less informed, or not as knowledgeable as they believe, that will haphazardly spew any advice or information they can.

I do believe that people often offer information out of their eagerness to help others and with good intentions, but I also think that many make the assumption that their post count equates knowledge or rank among peers.

I feel that I have a responsibility to only post what I have actually experienced, citations of reference or the many many questions I have regarding bodybuilding.

May the moderator's delete key be swift and frequent.

ralph4u2c

ralph4u2c

Awards
  • Established
i think it can be used as a good "base" if you ever had a question. just sit back and learn, but yes ive done a search quite a few times as well and the thread said do a search i was like ooooo k.

yall check out my site, forums will be up this weekend. i need a few good ideas to add extra (that no other forum has). i was thinking a "pro place" were all the "smart" people hang out and to get away from newbies and their questions, and talk about more in-depth things. any ideas.

btw, mods and article writers are mods from bb.com and a few guys that i personally talk to who are very wise.

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
I believe flaming serves a purpose (believe me, I do enough of it myself) Those who know me, know I do quite a bit of it, but never will I get personal with it, such as calling someone names (other than newbie). And I agree a lot of times its uncalled for and I have changes my ways a bit because of what BB.com is becoming. All the bullshit from the misc. section is splling over onto the important sections and the mods are clueless. Granted I am a mod over there, but only in the chat room and I wouldnt have it anyother way.
Basic questions have basic answers, theres a plethora of information not only there but all over the internet, be responsible and take it upon yourself to do your own research, then if you're having difficulty, post a question. And people say "if it werent for newbie questions, this board would have no new posts" and this isnt true. I like many of you have been around for awhile and we all know technology, supplementation, AAS, nutrition, etc is changing each day, I want a board more advanced than "how do I load my creatine?" Granted you're going to get these questions and thats fine, but when a 13 year old kids steps in and attempts to answer the question with a way off answer then you correct him and he flames you to high hell, that in my opinion is disrespectful and I dont tolerate it and neither should any of you. And because most of the mods over there are 15-18 years old, they let it slide because they can relate. This is my take on the whole deal, Agree or diagree, I respect everyone's opinion. YJ

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
Speakin of mods over on BB.com...

...I never really liked BigRedHH...:mad:

...I read one of his articles where he basically demeans a pro bodybuilders knowledge of lifting, and overall makes the pro sound like he is a dumbass who doesnt know **** about lifting...

...and then he (bigred) goes on to say how his arm program is better beacuse he is bigred and knows what he is talking about.

ever since then, I have had ZERO confidence in whatever he has to say about ANYTHING.

damn, i've wanted to say that for a long time.

I feel better :)

DaddyR

Awards
This is my take on the whole deal, Agree or diagree, I respect everyone's opinion. YJ
YJ,

You darned well know I AGREE with you on all of that, 100%! I'm so tired of bitchin' about it that I may just give up on the place entirely. or not

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards

YJ,

You darned well know I AGREE with you on all of that, 100%! I'm so tired of bitchin' about it that I may just give up on the place entirely. or not
Yes sir.....and to be honest you're one of the last remaining helpful people there...and I as well as the rest of the vets/mods appreciate it and Im glad to see you over here!

shady

Awards
YJ , i have noticed your change in ayyitude at bb.com and i will say good for you . i my slef have posted a couple have dumb threads asking stuff i should have done a search on ,but oh well . i really never posted there much just went there to read and learn .

i learned lots of good info there just reading . it is a good place for that ,but it has turned into a who has a bigger d1ck contest imo .

there are also lots of dumbass q's asked there ,and i think they should just be ignored . that is what i do to them . i only look for threads that i am interested in or would like to learn something about to broaden my knowledge .:)

Supa Freek 420

Supa Freek 420

E-BOLLER
Awards
  • Established
Although things have taken a turn for the worse there it still is a good place to gain knowledge from some of the innovators in this industry.

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Although things have taken a turn for the worse there it still is a good place to gain knowledge from some of the innovators in this industry.
Yea, if you can find them through all the "will creatine shrink my balls?" posts......the mods need to sit down and delete every post that is pointless....and then bb.com would be a dynasty for quality info. but until thats done and the teens and dumbasses are eliminated, it will only get worse.

DaddyR

Awards

Yes sir.....and to be honest you're one of the last remaining helpful people there...and I as well as the rest of the vets/mods appreciate it and Im glad to see you over here!
THANKS! Though I can be as much of an ass as anyone over there, I try to do some good. I think the latest thing to do is to try and get people to delete their thread when they're told to do a search. The points made about the futility of a search due to all of the results saying do a search are very valid.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Yes, I think the most important aspect being ignored over there is that useless threads are not deleted. If a new thread pops up that asks a repeat question and has no new valueable info, the mods should delete it. If a thread pops up that repeats a subject, but then adds newer and/or more relavent info, then great keep it. This should be obvious, apparently it's not.

The reason people get search results that contain threads that tell people to search is that....the mods need to be deleting this crap!! I like the mods over there, but there either needs to be more, or they need to use that delete function.

I also like educational flaming...meaning as wardog put it: know your **** or don't post! I spent my first 4 months at BB.com soaking up any new info on BB'ing, anything I hadn't heard before (which was quite a bit!), then I started to post.

Overall it is a great board, but needs some more enforcement of the rules!

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think the fact you see more and more people from bb.com over here says something. This usually is a cyclical thing too. Every summer, beginning of the semester, or whenever you seem to get the more unruly types and the quality of posts drops significantly. I still like it there as many of the developers of various products still post there and you can learn a lot when they debate about a certain topic. Overall the posts have become dull, and the supposed crackdown of flames and advertising is comical. I think most of it comes from Ryan so the mods really have no choice. Some of those guys I've known for a long time and are good bro's. But I agree with overall consensus of the quality of posts. It is deteriorating.

deaconbill

Awards
I agree that it is much more enjoyable here and in life in general if you treat people with a little respect.  We are all here to try to improve ourselves and many are also trying to help each other along the way.  I am a relative newbie and I have surely asked some pretty dumb questions but I have always gotten honest, intelligent responses without any degrading remarks.  I like alot of the articles on BB.com but even there you need to keep a watchful eye for misinformation.  My hats off to all you guys that help others like me to succeed.

JPAFL

Awards
May the old BB.com RIP... and may the New BB.com Die a horrable death.

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
I haven't really posted here until lately within the past nine months. I have been reading and reading which is MUCH easier to do here than over there. It is so much easier to find info in an environment that that isn't congested with immature flaming post wars. I also think having the high thresh hold on maturity keeps the 16 year olds away which is a good thing considering the a lot of the topics of discussion on this board (ph's, aas).

I really have gained a ton of info from this place and it helps more than anyt source I have ever come across. Cheers

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Glad to have you BingeAndPurge. I think it is safe to say that most (if not all of us) have gained a lot of knowledge from the board. Thanks for the positive comments guys.

ManBeast

size

Awards
  • Established
Honestly, I find it humerous that guys hate bb.com so much. If you hate, do not go to that site. Pretty simple.

It is unfortunate but true that bb.com has some useless members. Realistically though, bb.com has around 40,000 members, and some people are just bound to be assholes and not much can be done about it. The site is one of the easiest to find on the net and it is a good place for a beginner to go and learn. This easy access often draws in a younger crowd. This crowd comes in with attitude and tries to start problems. The moderators try to eliminate it, but it is virtually impossible due to the sheer volume of traffic. Believe or not, the moderators show LOTS of restraint when it comes to banning users. Mainly due to the fact that commonly when one is banned they email the owner and complain (a pain in the ass).

Advanced discussion is limited without question. However, the forums is geared towards novices. I imagine most people simply join to read about one or two supplements. The typical member is certainly not joining to learn about the actual physiology mechanisms that occur with specific substances. Nor are typical members reading about mechanisms of HPTA suppression and mechanisms of restoring HPTA. Rather they just want a simple answer, yes/no, good/bad, etc.

COLOSSUS

Awards
most at bb.com are around ...........i would say..............12 or 13 years old.:D:D

size

Awards
  • Established
I And because most of the mods over there are 15-18 years old, they let it slide because they can relate.
This is completely WRONG.

I know this thread is old, but I find it interesting how many individuals who gained knowledge at bb.com have now turned to bashing it. I have been there for years and have seen many "handles" come and go.

Some of you are acting like internet snobs. :rolleyes:

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Can we just drop this thread.. hell half the people that posted are around on a regular basis..

badbart

badbart

Awards
  • Established
They ban me for saying the word whore, but I learned a lot their in the beginning. I does seem like a lot of kids fighting now.

labrad

Awards
  • Established
I am still a fan of bb. I guess I am not cool, anyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.