Goal body question
- 01-22-2011, 09:37 PM
Goal body question
Ok, ideally I'd like to get to where Old School Arnie or Serge Nubret were at, and I think I have very good genetics, but I honestly don't think I would be willing to get that big and that cut. I'm not looking to start competing. I'd like to be around the size of The Rock in the Rundown, or Arnold when he was in movies were he was noticably smaller for Hollywood like Predator etc. What would you say there stats are at? I know how tall they are, but what would you say in terms of bodyfat percentage, bicep/chest ", and weight? Right now I'm 6'3'', 220lbs.
- 01-22-2011, 11:02 PM
your going to have to start training ur ass off and see which parts grow at which rate if you are going for a specific look. I suggest you use the mirror and tape measure as the best guide however there will be a point where your genetics will differ from the people you have named and you will never exactly look like they do.
in all honesty i cannot answer ur question i dont know stats of retired or off season bodybuilders.
- 01-24-2011, 09:29 AM
I'm pretty sure in terminator 2 arnold was at 4% BF.....at whatever height and weight....That's about all I can remember.
And you'll need a lot more than your genetics to look like any of those guys, LOL....True story:
I give a f**K!!
01-24-2011, 09:38 AM
I think it's great to have a goal! Just keep in mind a few things along the way:
1. As mentioned, genetics can only take you so far. You are what you are.
2. Work your butt off. Hard.
3. Eat right, train right, rest right...enjoy the rewards.
4. Have the goal in mind, but do not be upset if you don't get there! Take each success in stride and celebrate it. It takes YEARS to do what they did, "augmented" or not, and there may be a point where you just can't obtain what they have. Don't be frustrated by that at all. It's about the journey and the work that you put into it that truly makes you a bigger, better, and stronger individual.
All the best to ya.
-RecoverBro Zombie Specialist and Paracord Wrangler
-Independent due to lies that hurt my family. Loyal to myself and my Bro's.
01-26-2011, 06:32 PM
by genetics i meant which body parts grow at which rate. u will never look like someone who is on steroids without taking them, that is obvious. however if in competition arnold is 6 2" and 235lbs with 22" arms. and u are 6 2" at 235 lbs u may not have 22" arms they may be bigger or smaller, it depends on how ur body grows.
01-27-2011, 05:19 PM
This doesn't really pertain to you OP. But it always cracks me up when people start talking about a small goal they have when they are thinking about getting into joining a gym/eating right. And the excuse for why they don't spend more time in the gym or weight training or what have you is "well, I don't wanna look like one of those people on the magazines" I LOL at them SOO hard. I'm thinkin "yah, ok, those guys/gals make it their entire LIFE to live a lifestyle that lets them look like that and have worked for years to do it. And you are worried you are gonna accidentally make it happen to you??"
Similar Forum Threads
- By Hondaman1010 in forum Weight LossReplies: 13Last Post: 09-21-2010, 11:15 PM
- By tripwired in forum Weight LossReplies: 2Last Post: 05-31-2009, 12:57 AM
- By Bubking88 in forum SupplementsReplies: 2Last Post: 07-13-2008, 09:52 PM
- By MattRoeske in forum Training ForumReplies: 6Last Post: 05-25-2007, 02:08 PM
- By BifWebster in forum AnabolicsReplies: 0Last Post: 12-06-2005, 01:39 AM