anybody restoring on old car?

tubbednova

Awards
  • Established
in process of tubbing 67 nova ss for 5yrs getting down to the nitty gritty now all fab work done now has full frame all alum. (floor dash trunk firewall ect.)should be in the bottom 9's 1/4 mile with a super heathly 388 stroker it'll cost me 80bucks just to drive it to the gym gotta run vp120 in it

phatmike0704

phatmike0704

Awards
  • Established
lol not restoring but im buildin my 2004 subaru wrx. the motor doesnt feel like itll last anymore so just goin with forged internals, fatter twinscroll turbo or maybe a custom twin turbo, meth and maybe... just maybe some spray but i was never a fan of it. just lookin to break low 11s if anything. i wanna keep it my daily and autocross it sometimes

tubbednova

Awards
  • Established
lol not restoring but im buildin my 2004 subaru wrx. the motor doesnt feel like itll last anymore so just goin with forged internals, fatter twinscroll turbo or maybe a custom twin turbo, meth and maybe... just maybe some spray but i was never a fan of it. just lookin to break low 11s if anything. i wanna keep it my daily and autocross it sometimes
shouldnt be to hard to get it in the 11s factory one run 13s

phatmike0704

phatmike0704

Awards
  • Established
Lol out of a 2.0 flat 4 aluminum block and to keep it daily? Lol eh ill see. I already slapped a slightly bigger turbo on it and boostin 26psi, i broke 12.3 at the track but believe coulda done better since i didnt launch it to good. I got the base wrx not the sti and if i drop the clutch, bye bye to my glass transmission lol. Gonna take a year or 2 to save for everything for since i wanna get a dog box and lsd diffs. What are the full plans for ur project, keepin it all motor or goin forced induction?

tubbednova

Awards
  • Established
Lol out of a 2.0 flat 4 aluminum block and to keep it daily? Lol eh ill see. I already slapped a slightly bigger turbo on it and boostin 26psi, i broke 12.3 at the track but believe coulda done better since i didnt launch it to good. I got the base wrx not the sti and if i drop the clutch, bye bye to my glass transmission lol. Gonna take a year or 2 to save for everything for since i wanna get a dog box and lsd diffs. What are the full plans for ur project, keepin it all motor or goin forced induction?
it takes time and alot of dough i got 5yrs and close to 60grand in mine and its just now getting ready to come frame machine . yea the sti is the one in 13s

phatmike0704

phatmike0704

Awards
  • Established
very nice, let see some progress pics

tubbednova

Awards
  • Established
as soon as i can figure out how to get pics from phone to my laptop i will i just tried no go

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think that if you don't have a data cable to transfer stuff, you could try to send the pix via the standard pix message, but instead of putting in a phone number, put in your email address. That always worked with my Verizon phones.

I always wished that I had the time/money/skill to do up a car. When I was in HS, I fell in love with the Mustang Mach 1s. In college, I almost bought a 73 Maverick Grabber with a 302 to play with but didn't. Then I moved on to trucks - 88 Dodge PowerRam, but it got totalled by a drunk driver before I could get into it. :( If I can swing it, I want to start a project truck this year. Love to find a similar Dodge fullsize of that era but in 2WD, fix up the body decent enough, do a little engine tweaking, then rat the dang thing out in flat black. Lower it slightly, or just level it off, put on some decent wheels/tires, and use it as my little runabout.

Until then, I'm stuck with my 2001 Saab 95. 3.0L V6, low pressure turbo. There's not much I can do with it other than slap a K&N filter in it. Eh, oh well...

waynaferd

waynaferd

Awards
  • Established
Stretched and boxed a 55 Willys CJ5, 318, 727, 9.25 rear locked, D44 front w/ tru trac, dodge leaves under axle in rear, f150 leaves on top in front....both axles full width, just need the money for beadlocks and some 39.5's :D Oh, and a chevy Astro van steering box.

Sorta like this one.......but longer wheelbase.....actually a lot like this one :D

The finished product I'm hoping will look like this, paint and tire wise (obviously different susp.)

waynaferd

waynaferd

Awards
  • Established
And here's the 70 F-250 project I ditched and swapped for the lil willys.

And the first day of owning a willys :D I was told it was a 53 so that meant this body style woulda been a military M38A1....but it turned out to be a 55 civvie....o well.....

phatmike0704

phatmike0704

Awards
  • Established
I think that if you don't have a data cable to transfer stuff, you could try to send the pix via the standard pix message, but instead of putting in a phone number, put in your email address. That always worked with my Verizon phones.

I always wished that I had the time/money/skill to do up a car. When I was in HS, I fell in love with the Mustang Mach 1s. In college, I almost bought a 73 Maverick Grabber with a 302 to play with but didn't. Then I moved on to trucks - 88 Dodge PowerRam, but it got totalled by a drunk driver before I could get into it. :( If I can swing it, I want to start a project truck this year. Love to find a similar Dodge fullsize of that era but in 2WD, fix up the body decent enough, do a little engine tweaking, then rat the dang thing out in flat black. Lower it slightly, or just level it off, put on some decent wheels/tires, and use it as my little runabout.

Until then, I'm stuck with my 2001 Saab 95. 3.0L V6, low pressure turbo. There's not much I can do with it other than slap a K&N filter in it. Eh, oh well...
go diesel baby!!!!!! i plan on pickin up a diesel truck later on in life and doin stuff to it. duuuuuude, u have a turbo'd v6, there is so much u can do with turbo'd cars. get an opensource tune(boostin that turbo and gettin better mpg), take out the cats and go straight pipes, up pipe, down pipe(ur turbo breathes better and u get another 30hp from just that), better turbo inlet, electronic boost control solenoid(handles boost better at higher rpms), bigger intercooler(maybe front mount). if u wanna jump to more power, go bigger fuel pump then injectors and time for turbo upgrade. i no there a lot of companies that bolt-on turbos for saabs. but remember, after every mod, u need to get it tuned for it to run properly and get every power u can squeeze from those mods. especially after injectors, going catless, ebcs and turbo. a lot of possibilities:dance: and not to mention how much suspension mods u could do . coilovers!!!!!!

phatmike0704

phatmike0704

Awards
  • Established
Stretched and boxed a 55 Willys CJ5, 318, 727, 9.25 rear locked, D44 front w/ tru trac, dodge leaves under axle in rear, f150 leaves on top in front....both axles full width, just need the money for beadlocks and some 39.5's :D Oh, and a chevy Astro van steering box.

Sorta like this one.......but longer wheelbase.....actually a lot like this one :D

The finished product I'm hoping will look like this, paint and tire wise (obviously different susp.)

thats sexy bro

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
go diesel baby!!!!!! i plan on pickin up a diesel truck later on in life and doin stuff to it. duuuuuude, u have a turbo'd v6, there is so much u can do with turbo'd cars. get an opensource tune(boostin that turbo and gettin better mpg), take out the cats and go straight pipes, up pipe, down pipe(ur turbo breathes better and u get another 30hp from just that), better turbo inlet, electronic boost control solenoid(handles boost better at higher rpms), bigger intercooler(maybe front mount). if u wanna jump to more power, go bigger fuel pump then injectors and time for turbo upgrade. i no there a lot of companies that bolt-on turbos for saabs. but remember, after every mod, u need to get it tuned for it to run properly and get every power u can squeeze from those mods. especially after injectors, going catless, ebcs and turbo. a lot of possibilities:dance: and not to mention how much suspension mods u could do . coilovers!!!!!!
Only one problem with all that... It's a SAAB!! There are no aftermarket parts for it, so everything would need to be custom. There are no real "Saab mechanics" anywhere near me, let alone a Saab "tuner". The computer is different from dang near every other car out there - different system to it, which is kinda cool because it really does 'learn' and run the car based on your driving style (power or economy). And to boot, everything on it is expensive and hard to get. It's GM-era Saab, complete with OnStar, but still the parts are mosty overseas. We had the timing belt blow last year and it wrecked the engine. I had to have the whole engine replaced!! Good news is that they found one with half the mileage - only 62K. Bad news was that it cost 3K to do the swap!! So yeah... The Saab is nice and stays how it is. And if anything major breaks on it again, I'm selling it and buying another Dodge. I actually liked my 96 Intrepid! :)

phatmike0704

phatmike0704

Awards
  • Established
not even, my buddy has a saab himself. there are many after market vendors here. just gotta look. google and check ebay, so many bolt ons for them. the tuning i understand cuz i never met a saab tuner. but if u join a saab forum, people would point u in the right direction. i think u have the the gt17 turbo, u can upgrade to a td04 like my old stock, and its bolt on. a lil more power dont hurt lol. but if anything, go sways, rims and coilovers and drop that thing as low as possible lol gotta be low. and im talkin quality rims like volks, work miesters or rotas. 17x9 front, 17x9.5 in the rear with a fat lip. thatll get the heads turnin. anything but those gay ebay rims with horrible offsets

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm on a Saab forum, and kinda going off of their info. Thing is, the 4-bangers are MUCH more tunable than the 6, from what I've heard. The base model has a lo-press. turbo as well, but is upgradable. Then there is the "aero" version that has a little bigger 4 and a high-pressure turbo. That thing is supposed to be a Porsche-fighter...all in a full-size 5,000lb family car! A lot of the Saabs that I have seen done up (online, cuz there aren't many around) are the 93, the smaller car. There's one version of the 95 out there called the "Viggen" that is supposed to be absolutely wicked-quick. Never saw one, only pictures, but from all accounts, and absolute Swedish beast!!

Eh, I'm not apt to throw money into this one anyway. Money spent to modify the car would be money taken away from modifying the BIKE!!! Bike already has a trophy, so I might as well keep rollin with it. Plus, it's MUCH more fun. :D

phatmike0704

phatmike0704

Awards
  • Established
ya my buddy picked up a viggen, he luvs it. ya i guess do the bike lol

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
phatmike0704

phatmike0704

Awards
  • Established
wow, that bike is sick. im jealous

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

tubbednova

Awards
  • Established
I'm on a Saab forum, and kinda going off of their info. Thing is, the 4-bangers are MUCH more tunable than the 6, from what I've heard. The base model has a lo-press. turbo as well, but is upgradable. Then there is the "aero" version that has a little bigger 4 and a high-pressure turbo. That thing is supposed to be a Porsche-fighter...all in a full-size 5,000lb family car! A lot of the Saabs that I have seen done up (online, cuz there aren't many around) are the 93, the smaller car. There's one version of the 95 out there called the "Viggen" that is supposed to be absolutely wicked-quick. Never saw one, only pictures, but from all accounts, and absolute Swedish beast!!

Eh, I'm not apt to throw money into this one anyway. Money spent to modify the car would be money taken away from modifying the BIKE!!! Bike already has a trophy, so I might as well keep rollin with it. Plus, it's MUCH more fun. :D
theres a saab place about 7miles from my house in abbotstown pa i know this guy had a saab that was tubbed out with a 302 in it im sure he has a bunch of things for yours i get the name of the place for ya he has alot of in his lot

waynaferd

waynaferd

Awards
  • Established
Eh, why not.....here's my 02 VTX 1800 retro....it came with the longshot pipes, and although they don't sound too great, I like the looks.....its got almost 5K miles.....I don't get out much, LOL.....And these pics are old since the baby is now about 4.5 years old :D And the black dodge is long gone, but that's what the axles for the jeep came out of. The motor/tranny/t-case is from an 87 Ramcharger......

And speaking of foreign autos, a guy in Bangor owns a diesel performance shop and has a TDI VW Jetta with almost 500 hp :D......nasty nasty nasty!!!

waynaferd

waynaferd

Awards
  • Established
Found one more.....

tubbednova

Awards
  • Established
man im the only one with a muscle car in this place come on now somebody has to atleast have a mustang cuz there like .... i'll leave it at that sorry not a ford guy but do respect them

Evil Eagle

Awards
man im the only one with a muscle car in this place come on now somebody has to atleast have a mustang cuz there like .... i'll leave it at that sorry not a ford guy but do respect them
I just sold my Roush last year. Before that I had a full bolt on nitrous fed Cobra convertible, then before that a stock Cobra coupe. I love muscle cars, but it got to a point where I had to grow up and move on. Kind of sucks I don't have a fast car now that I'm 25 and my insurance went down.

Sent from my Android device

witt51

witt51

Awards
  • Established
growing up we had a 70 firebird formula 400. it was stock but it was pretty mean looking. stupid 16 yr old girl with no insurance rear ended my brother and totalled it.

im going to go work in iraq and have been thinking about getting a muscle car when i get back.

armyguy155

Awards
Working on an 85 Monte Carlo SS right now. I have been working on it a little over a year now, and its finally alive! My father died last year and was planning on doing a resto, but never had a chance. I took it in as one of my first projects, and I have enjoyed every moment of it.

slacker86

Awards
  • Established
ur not the only muscle car guy, in my own garage at home i have a 350, 383 and the new 572... just dont have a car to put it in right now i have to pay off my dodge 3500 dually which also has industrial injection fuel pump, injectors, stacks, southbend clutch rockstar wheels and a bunch of cosmetics.... kinda spred myself too thin with all the engines to find a good car for the engines i built before the truck.

cheloz28

cheloz28

Awards
  • Established
I have a 95' camaro which has been my project car for the last couple of years, currently looking to buy a 66 chevelle that I can restore. If I could afford it my garage would be full of muscle car's. In the past I helped restore a 69 chevelle, 65 nova, 69 camaro and 72 camaro.

tubbednova

Awards
  • Established
Working on an 85 Monte Carlo SS right now. I have been working on it a little over a year now, and its finally alive! My father died last year and was planning on doing a resto, but never had a chance. I took it in as one of my first projects, and I have enjoyed every moment of it.
Sorry about your loss.I always liked them and grand nationals.hope you the best with it!

Hawk

Hawk

Awards
  • Established
Me and my old man are currently restoring a '64 Impala....

Numbers matching block, tranny and rear.
2 door hard top
High HP 327
2 speed powerglide
Factory Delux air, right side mirror, manual antenna, padded dash, tinted glass, dealer installed tac....so its got some options.

Ember red. Came from the factory with "cloth" interior, so that's what were putting back in it.

Should get it back from the paintshop Monday. I've been polishing chrome all week! (and it's starting to get old)

Planning on having it done for the KC Mecum auction in March.

Once I get enough damn posts I'll post some pics (although they should make an exception from someone who has been a member since '05....oh well)

tubbednova

Awards
  • Established
Me and my old man are currently restoring a '64 Impala....

Numbers matching block, tranny and rear.
2 door hard top
High HP 327
2 speed powerglide
Factory Delux air, right side mirror, manual antenna, padded dash, tinted glass, dealer installed tac....so its got some options.

Ember red. Came from the factory with "cloth" interior, so that's what were putting back in it.

Should get it back from the paintshop Monday. I've been polishing chrome all week! (and it's starting to get old)

Planning on having it done for the KC Mecum auction in March.

Once I get enough damn posts I'll post some pics (although they should make an exception from someone who has been a member since '05....oh well)
YOU every polish aluminum?It takes forever 1hr for a 4x4in section.My most of my car is aluminum= int.,trunk,motor compartment,floor,dash,firewall,wheelwells,ect...

tubbednova

Awards
  • Established
After 5yrs my nova is finally on the ground!!!!!
Rear's done fronts on wheels on got to plumb it and wire it(running everything in frame tube chassis)wont see no hoses or wires under car or hood hiding spark plug wires and all.

Aiming to paint it this fall.Lions mane orange or tangalo orange.

Conagher

Conagher

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Very nice.I am in the process of restoring and customizing a 1975 Jeep CJ5 at the moment.

deputyjason

Awards
When I can post pics I have a 69 Chevelle SS with a nasty little small block in it that I've owned since I was 17. It's pretty much been a race car its whole life, so I'm keeping it that way. It weighs 3080lbs without me. :11:

I also used to restore 67-81 Camaros at a shop called Camaro Parts Network that went out of business a few years ago when the owner died. Love old cars!