Top music picks for the gym

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok I would like to get some feedback on everyone's top music picks for working out. I have a zune and use mine on every workout. I just downloaded Welcome to the Family and Nightmare by Avengend Sevenfold, Shoot it out by Ten Years, Let the guilt go by korn, Animal by Disturbed. I find the bleeding by Five Finger Death Punch to be a real motivater.

IronBusta

Awards
Korn all the way... Rage against the Machine is good too

phatmike0704

phatmike0704

Awards
  • Established
the world alive and disturbed gets me pumped. especially hell by disturbed

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cool I haven't heard of the world alive. I will check that out. My current gym playlist is 10 years, korn, Five finger death punch, Breakin Benjamin, Dangerous New Machine, and Stone Sour. I like any rock, alternative, and metal. This gym I go to know has no joke Britanny spears, and pop music. Not to hate against that genre but I just can't get pumped listening to Jason Marz.

phatmike0704

phatmike0704

Awards
  • Established
kimmy gibler^ hahahahahahhahhahahaha classic

go to lifetime fitness, gayest music ever. especially when they play justin bieber, but it does pump me up cuz it makes me wanna hunt him down and beat him and his 10 year old possy

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
Clutch, Slayer, Trivium, RAtM, Metallica, Pantera, The Misfits, Black Flag, The Deftones, Avenged Sevenfold, AC/DC, My Bloody Valentine, Killswitch Engage, Nine Inch Nails, The Ramones, Bad Brains, Minor Threat....just to name a few lol.

calidood

calidood

Awards
  • Established
I like Avenged Sevenfold. Those are two good ones. The songs from City of Evil seem to be a little harder though. I use that album a little more. Obviously, Bat Country is a great song by them to get pumped to. I like Authority Zero sometimes. They've got some good stuff but it's kind of poppy for punk. I like Hed PE and SKindred too. If you haven't heard of Skindred they're kind of a nu-metalish band and have a little reggae flavor. Pretty interesting sound. Most of their songs are high energy though. Mindless Self Indulgence is a really weird band but they DO have a lot of energy in their songs as well. Fairly hard music without a whole lot of that growl yelling. Not that I don't enjoy that too. I like to put in some Slipknot, first and third albums. Same for Mudvayne, first and third albums. I TOO have a zune...they blow ipod out of the water.

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah they do My Mom has the ipod and it took her for ever to learn how to download her songs. I wouldn't trade my Zune for anything. My parents bought me the Zune HD for Christmas before last. Yeah I like Mudvayne as well as Slipknot and Killswitch Engage.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zInasdz2mg"]YouTube - Judas Priest - Hell Bent for Leather[/nomedia]

omni

omni

Awards
  • Established
pantera
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnRP77QN59w"]YouTube - PanterA - A New Level (Vulgar Display Of Power)[/nomedia]

Menoth

Awards
Amon Amarth, Blood Red Eagle, Fear City, Whiskey Rebels, Iced Earth. You know, stuff like that. It's easier to deadlift when I can visualize tossing around bleeding corpses. More fun, too.

calidood

calidood

Awards
  • Established
Yeah they do My Mom has the ipod and it took her for ever to learn how to download her songs. I wouldn't trade my Zune for anything. My parents bought me the Zune HD for Christmas before last. Yeah I like Mudvayne as well as Slipknot and Killswitch Engage.
Ahhh Killswitch Engage, another good one. I also put on static x sometimes. I don't think they're the best and their music is kinda weird. That dude's high pitched scream is pretty cool though and it pumps me up! "YEEAAAHH YOU PUSH IT!" haha.

calidood

calidood

Awards
  • Established
Oh and yes, I had an iphone before too, which I don't use now that I have the Windows Phone. Yes, itunes sucks, the zune software is WAY better and lets you do more. Plus the operating system on the phone and the zune is just way more attractive than on the ipod/iphone.

ilovelamp

Awards
Ludwig Van - Moonlight Sonata

It's depressing/suicidal. Makes me feel like I am a piece of ****. Reminds me why I'm in the gym... because no matter how much muscle I have gained, how in shape I am... I'm a piece of ****. And if I tear a muscle in the process of achieving greatness, so be it.

crpav

crpav

Awards
  • Established
A few I did not see listed that I like:

Bless the Fall
Bullet for my Valentine
Escape the Fate
Sonic Syndicate
Allele

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sweet will check those out thanks man. I actually do have some BFMV. I love their new song betrayal.

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
I forgot to mention Black Sabbath, Black Label Society, System of a Down, Suicidal Tendencies....all killer man.

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dang it man that song is about to be in my zune quickly. Thanks

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Bg8-Natwos"]YouTube - Massacre - From Beyond[/nomedia]

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Shadows Fall

As I lay dying

All that remains

Hatebreed

Lamb of God

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fieuB2t-xhw&playnext=1&list=PL124CD200348DF507&index=9"]YouTube - Iron Maiden - Dance Of Death (Orchestral Version)[/nomedia]

calidood

calidood

Awards
  • Established
Oh yeah I forgot hatebreed! That Destroy Everything song is a staple of my workout routine. Song is sick!

calidood

calidood

Awards
  • Established
Tried to rep you again Packers but it wouldn't let me. Glad you're enjoying that Authority Zero. I mentioned "Push It" by Static-X by the lyrics. If you haven't heard that song check it out. It's basically the epitome of workout songs with the chorus saying "And you push it!" That one get's me pretty pumped. I save it for heavy lifts, especially bench and deadlift. You know, too, I don't really like Limp Bizkit's new stuff but three dolla bill gets me pretty worked up at the gym. Counterfeit and Stuck are great songs but that album is pretty hard with tons of energy. For the most part.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hed PE- Raise Hell

Hed PE- Represent

Trivium- Down From the Sky

Trivium- The Crusade

Edguy- Mysteria

D12- American Psycho II

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
And God Forbid- Chains of Humanity!!!

waynaferd

waynaferd

Awards
  • Established
Another really reeally reeeaaallllyyyyy good one....I think anyway :D

waynaferd

waynaferd

Awards
  • Established
I love Static X and I've been a huge fan since the Wisconsin Death Trip CD.....Anyway, I like this song for cardio, and it makes me wish I had a bad ass muscle car to go drive like an a-hole in after :D

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Man I am going to go broke downloading these to my zune. I got a huge collection from rock, classic rock, alternative, metal. Breakin Benjamin is one of my favorites. Disturbed's Sickness gets me going, hell really almost 90% of their songs I can work out to. I'm about to go to a concert at a local bar where a group I like will be playing Dangerous New Machine.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5rRZdiu1UE&ob=av2el"]YouTube - Beastie Boys - Sabotage[/nomedia]

calidood

calidood

Awards
  • Established
I didn't used to like Disturbed all that much. I thought they were pretty good but I wasn't real impressed with them. This new single they got out though...man. I love it! Dude sounds like he's had some good vocal training. Almost operatic. But he still has that growl with it too. Sounds great!

waynaferd

waynaferd

Awards
  • Established
I go to Limewire or BTjunkie and download full discograpies, then put the best songs from each album onto my MP3 player.....

I got a sh!tload of Devildriver, Static X, Cavelera Conspiracy (and soulfly and sepultura)....prolly half of every album ever made.....takes awhile to hear the same song twice :D

waynaferd

waynaferd

Awards
  • Established
Plus this hottie......

waynaferd

waynaferd

Awards
  • Established
Why not.....first saw these guys live....they opened for Pantera....also Coal Chamber was there, and Dez Farrara stepped on my girlfriends foot and apologized to us both....Pretty sweet, especially since I just love devildriver and have their tattoo on my right tricep.....

Anyways!!

calidood

calidood

Awards
  • Established
Oh dude! Soulfly! How could I leave them out! Good one dude! I love that jumpthef**kup song with Corey Taylor from Slipknot. Not the best for a workout for the majority of the song, as it's kinda slow for the first half. But a great song. Great album too. The Primitive.

waynaferd

waynaferd

Awards
  • Established
They got another one on youtube with one of their nephews playing drums at a concert...its pretty sweet....

actually......

calidood

calidood

Awards
  • Established
Ahhh thanks for posting those man! I hadn't heard Cavalera Conspiracy yet! I was actually just reading about them the other day.

waynaferd

waynaferd

Awards
  • Established
I was listening to a buddies satellite radio a couple years ago when they first played them, and they said it was the guys from Soulfly and Sepultura, so even before the song started I was in love, LOL....

waynaferd

waynaferd

Awards
  • Established
And favorite Sepultura song!!

Not too sure about having the commercial but nuttin I can do about it LOL...

Edit: NM, can't even watch it here!!

waynaferd

waynaferd

Awards
  • Established
I see your Dig and raise you a hell of a time, LOL....

I remember I was driving OTR for Swift(See What I F up today, LOL)back in 2001 when I first heard Dig.....pulled into the next shopping plaza I could fit in and found myself the CD....still have it actually.....

And this song will be played at our wedding reception this fall....the bos said so :D

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh! Rx bandits are awesome too! The resignation is a great album!
Excellent excellent stuff right there. Not quite gym caliber but right on!

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u8teXR8VE4&ob=av2nm"]YouTube - Ratt - Round And Round (Video)[/nomedia]