Lost Contact Space Shuttle

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Watching the news this morning and their was a news break saying that NASA has lost contact with the space shuttle Columbia as of 8 am cst. It appears that it happend over the Dallas area and that people in the area might come in contact with debris.. if you do call the police right then and do not touch.. that is from NASA..

It is a sad day if this is another accident like Challenger..

The Answer

Awards
I am also watching CNN and this is a very sad situation. Lets have a moment of silence for all the members of the Space Shuttle Columbia
.................................................................................................

God Bless the families
TA

Almost 16 years EXACTLY (2 day difference I think), from the loss of Shuttle Challenger. Kinda scary...

weissmuller

Awards
I too just heard this news and am really hit by such a trajedy.  I just pray for the crew on board and their families.

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
Lord, be with the families and friends of each one of the dead crew memebers. Grant them peace and hope as they walk through the valley of the shadow of death and comfort them in their grief. Amen.

Anxed

Awards
Originally posted by windwords7
Lord, be with the families and friends of each one of the dead crew memebers. Grant them peace and hope as they walk through the valley of the shadow of death and comfort them in their grief. Amen.
bump!

Andy2k

Awards
A sad day for all - our thoughts and prayers to the crew and their family.

pogue

pogue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I live in Dallas and about 8am this morning a loud boom shook the entire house. Then the news started broadcasting that it was from the space shuttle. It was pretty weird, I guess the sound I was hearing was of the space shuttle exploding upon reentry.

Sad day.

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
May God bless all of the families and friends of the crew on board the Columbia.

And may this tragic event serve as a reminder that no matter how "routine" a mission may be, the brave men and women of the space shuttle program willingly risk their lives to make this world a better place for ALL of us. Amen.

LG.

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
I just recently found out that the Columbia, aside from being the oldest shuttle, was returning from its 28th (!) mission. Surprised. Certainly a sad situation, thoughts and prayers to all families and loved ones around the world who are affected every day by these kinds of sudden departures.

Sheesh

Awards
  • Established
I just recently found out that the Columbia, aside from being the oldest shuttle, was returning from its 28th (!) mission.
It was built and certified for 100 missions though....

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Thoughts and prayers with me too, there goes my tax money.

majorwest

majorwest

Awards
I've been watching the coverage of this tragedy on tv all day as I have a keen interest in the aerospace field.

Later in the day, former astronaut Buzz Aldrin who had been consulting on air for NBC during the day, began reading an eloquent email he had just received in regards to the shuttle tragedy.  After about a couple of sentences, Aldrin with his stoic face, stopped and began to break down in tears.  I must confess after holding up rather well to all the news thru out the day, that moment finally put a lump in my throat.

mw