Looking for some input somewhat long.

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.21%

Looking for some input somewhat long.

Ok here is a quick background, I am 30 years old and have been working out and training since I was about 15-16 years old. I am in excellent cardiovascular shape. I do not smoke and only drink socially about once or twice a week if that. I usually do about 40-45 minutes of cardio 4 times a week as well ad weight training 4-6 times a week. I do moderate to long runs with HIT mixed in. Yesterday morning I did a new workout which consisted of going a minute and a half of doing rope waves, jumping right into doing a minute of clean presses with a very light weight for a minute straight, moving right over to kettle bell swings for a minute straight then doing as many burpees as I could in a minute. We would take 2 minutes off then repeat the circuit we did the circuit 4 times.

After the first round my chest became tight and it was difficult for me to catch my breath. I became extremely fatigued but continued to make it through the workout. When the hell circuit was over my lungs felt like they were on fire and the tightness continued. I then completed my normal leg workout after doing this circuit and went home. Since the workout I have been having a problem taking deep breaths. Every time I breath in my lungs wheeze and it feels like I have mucous or something blocking the airway. Its driving me crazy.

I have had this happen before maybe about 3-4 times and it seems like it occurs when I push myself way to much. Does this happen to anyone else and is there anyway I can stop whatever is going on in my lungs ?

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

i suggest you stop and go see a doc with your problem.The tightness in the chest may be a heart problem and cannot cope under these conditions.
    I wouldnt carry on this routine until youve been fully checked out.
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.21%

Thanks Corsaking, I am planning on getting it checked out. I was not to concerned with my heart because the feeling was like my lungs were full of water. I could only manage to take like half and quarter breaths when I was trying to breath but you never know.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.84%

Chest pain/tightness is indicative of pulmonary or cardiovascular distress. That being said, if the pain only occurs when you are extremely active and pushing your limits, a doctor will probably just tell you to take it easy and you'll just burn the price of the co-pay. It sounds to my like you may just coincidentally have a chest infection (which happens to me alot when the weather is cold) or, what happens to me alot is, when i go outside from hot (inside) to cold (outside) my lungs almost seize up a bit and I cant get a good breath. Usually it subsides after 20min or less.

If you breathing problems continue definitely go to a doctor. However, it sounds to me like you just got a bit of mucus in the lungs from an infection and you need to just rest up and get better.
    Back.... for real this time
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  122 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.14%

Sounds like my kettle bell work out, add turkish getups and some cleans, some tire flipping and wow!!!! I am in good shape but it kills me, agreed with seeing a Doc....

Good luck

TC
    RIP Ryan, :(
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.21%

Toughchick, I wish I would have had these workouts years ago when I was in Highschool. On Monday I repeated that workout and then on Wed I tried a new one with 4 sets of tire flips, moving right into mountain climbers for a minute and a half, then right into a 30 ft rope climb. I have never dreaded and looked forward to working out at the same time until I started doing these workouts.

On a side note I went to the doctor Monday afternoon and I have a very very light case of asthma. The doctor said with the dry cold air this time of year its rather common among athletes.
  7. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.01%

I think thats why we stopped using kettle bells. In the old days they had a shorter life expectancy.
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  122 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.14%

Quote Originally Posted by machine528 View Post
    Toughchick, I wish I would have had these workouts years ago when I was in Highschool. On Monday I repeated that workout and then on Wed I tried a new one with 4 sets of tire flips, moving right into mountain climbers for a minute and a half, then right into a 30 ft rope climb. I have never dreaded and looked forward to working out at the same time until I started doing these workouts.

On a side note I went to the doctor Monday afternoon and I have a very very light case of asthma. The doctor said with the dry cold air this time of year its rather common among athletes.
    I agree I love the work outs and hate them all the same...my trainer, trains all the police, fire guys on the east coast, he is brutal

Good luck
    RIP Ryan, :(

Similar Forum Threads

1. 52 Week Plan-Input Plz (Long Read)
    By lilmoe77 in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-28-2011, 08:13 PM
  2. Schwells pct for a LONG LONG LONG LONG cycle
    By schwellington in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-19-2011, 01:48 AM
  3. Replies: 2