stim junkie what does it mean to you

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I see this thrown around all the time in the posts etc and just wondering alot of peple call themselves this or rate products based on this but how many of the people that say this are really stim junkies. I mean when I think of the word junkie I think of withdrawls, not being able to function etc. Not saying what is or what is not a stim junkie just wondering others thoughts.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think it typically refers to someone who doesn't respond easily to stims and will use much more than the average person (i.e. someone taking 3 servings of a pre-workout supplement, etc.).

That's how I'd define it, at least.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I see this thrown around all the time in the posts etc and just wondering alot of peple call themselves this or rate products based on this but how many of the people that say this are really stim junkies. I mean when I think of the word junkie I think of withdrawls, not being able to function etc. Not saying what is or what is not a stim junkie just wondering others thoughts.
I refer to myself as a "stim junkie". Basically I am NONfunctional withOUT a LOT of caffeine stacked with various other stimulants - my husband will attest to that. Even a couple of days without one or more of my stimulants and I have strong withdrawal symptoms and pretty much fall to pieces, with constant, terrible migraines and the inability to function very well, energy lapses as if I am having a recurrent Chronic Fatigue bout, concentration is easily lost, and I am generally all over the place. Using stimulants, most have little or no effect on me, and I have to keep using higher and higher dosages of products to get the desired effects - so much so that I would never recommend that anyone use product doses that I do of most, if not all, products that I use. Being withOUT stimulants is seriously hell - it's almost as bad as my food addiction, which is almost as disruptive and destructive to my health and well-being as one who has an alcoholic addiction or drug dependency. This to me is a "stim junkie" - it is a definite weakness (even if you think otherwise, it takes a lot to be able to admit your weaknesses, especially to strangers, and to describe them in detail), and trust me, it's NO fun at all being one.

~Rosie~

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Example-

Without stims (vpx black on blue best buzz yet IMO next to UN animal cuts) I look and feel like I am going thru a heroin withdraw....

I know what a heroin withdraw looks like lol

I need at least 200mg caffeine upon waking or within 2 hours my head will start to feel like it's in a vice grip. The thought of going stim free makes me nervous...

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Rosie and Staked yes when I see stories like that that is more along the lines of what I was thinking of when i see the the phrase.

Rosie I totally know how you feel about it being no fun and hard to admit. You weren't here yet but back when I started recovery this was one of the places i turned to the people on here and exercise helped me through ALOT of rough times that first year. So i've been where you are sometimes i'm not on here as much but if you ever just need to vent or talk about it you can shoot me a pm.

lartinos

lartinos

Awards
A person who loves the effects of stimulants. Someone who may even like illegal stims as well!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rosie and Staked yes when I see stories like that that is more along the lines of what I was thinking of when i see the the phrase.

Rosie I totally know how you feel about it being no fun and hard to admit. You weren't here yet but back when I started recovery this was one of the places i turned to the people on here and exercise helped me through ALOT of rough times that first year. So i've been where you are sometimes i'm not on here as much but if you ever just need to vent or talk about it you can shoot me a pm.
Yes, admitting weaknesses is hard - I'll be the first to say that, especially since I am one of those who does NOT like to have and show weakness. However, I have come to learn that if you do not show it, how can anyone hear you when you scream for help?

Re exercise, it doesn't help in dealing with stimulant withdrawals. If I have no energy, although I have often pushed myself to train, it is very difficult, and my body can no longer tolerate the abuse that I have and continue to put it through. Since I HAVE to train in order to maintain my health and be able to breathe properly, etc., I canNOT afford NOT to, and therefore, NOT using stimulants of some sort is not really much of an option if I wish to do that.

Between a rock and a hard place (I should be used to that) :sigh1:

~Rosie~

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would have to agree on both definitions presented thus far - 1. A person insensitive to stimulants who needs to take more than the recommended dosage in order to feel the effects; or 2. A person who is dependent on stims.

Personally, I am definitely a stim junkie, definition 1 above. I don't need 'em, per se, but my functions are much less on a daily basis without 'em. When i do take something, it had better have one hell of a kick in the teeth in order for me to feel it. I usually double up if not more. And I've moved from straight caffeine to more refined stims. ;) I'm a high-class junkie. :lol: