Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Stand still and consider the wondrous works of God. Job 37:14

With men it is impossible; but to God all things are possible. Matthew 19:26

I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul? Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul? Matthew 16:26

Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. John 14:6

n87

Awards
  • Established
"...the truth will set you free. " John 8:32
And some of the above.

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ephesians 5:25

"Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her"

Romans 12:2

"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will."

Ephesians 5:33

"However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband."

1 Peter 3:7

"You husbands in the same way, live with your wives in an understanding way, as with someone weaker, since she is a woman; and show her honor as a fellow heir of the grace of life, so that your prayers will not be hindered."

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
^ someone is very concerned about his family. Our children pick up our habits and become mini me's. It's inevitable. A child that watched his dad beat up his mom is more likely to beat up his gf or wife. Not the opposite way around. Jesus taught how we should treat others. There was no better model. If everyone practiced what jesus taught there would be no divorce. Times are gonna be hard in every relationship but the important thing is to show love and not give up. Today everyone gives up. They want quick results and when they don't get it they get out. Then after they cheat on their spouse they come running back..

A few of mine are.

"Therefore, that I might not feel overly exalted, there was given me a thorn in the flesh, an angel of Satan, to keep slapping me, that I might not be overly exalted. In this behalf I three times entreated the Lord that it might depart from me; and yet he really said to me: “My undeserved kindness is sufficient for you; for [my] power is being made perfect in weakness.” Most gladly, therefore, will I rather boast as respects my weaknesses, that the power of the Christ may like a tent remain over me. Therefore I take pleasure in weaknesses, in insults, in cases of need, in persecutions and difficulties, for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am powerful"-
2 corinthians 12:7-10

"If YOU were part of the world, the world would be fond of what is its own. Now because YOU are no part of the world, but I have chosen YOU out of the world, on this account the world hates YOU. Bear in mind the word I said to YOU, A slave is not greater than his master. If they have persecuted me, they will persecute YOU also; if they have observed my word, they will observe YOURS also. But they will do all these things against YOU on account of my name, because they do not know him that sent me - john 15:19

However, we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the power beyond what is normal may be God’s and not that out of ourselves. We are pressed in every way, but not cramped beyond movement; we are perplexed, but not absolutely with no way out; we are persecuted, but not left in the lurch; we are thrown down, but not destroyed. Always we endure everywhere in our body the death-dealing treatment given to Jesus, that the life of Jesus may also be made manifest in our body. For we who live are ever being brought face to face with death for Jesus’ sake, that the life of Jesus may also be made manifest in our mortal flesh. 2 corinthians 4:7-11

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
1 Timothy 2:11-12

11 A woman[a] should learn in quietness and full submission. 12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established

11 A woman[a] should learn in quietness and full submission. 12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet.

What version is that?

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
What version is that?
That's from the New International Version.

This one, from the New King James:
11 Let a woman learn in silence with all submission. 12 And I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, but to be in silence. 13 For Adam was formed first, then Eve

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established

11 Let a woman learn in silence with all submission. 12 And I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, but to be in silence. 13 For Adam was formed first, then Eve
ahh, I don't use that version as God's Name "Jehovah" is completely removed from it and replaced with Lord. I refer to such versions as the american standard version, King James, Young's Literal Translation, Darby, ext.

You know in these times it's obvious a lot of women do not respect her man. Just men in general. They wonder why chivarly is dead you know?

Conagher

Conagher

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

That is my new favorite scripture.All these sackless men running around America letting their women dominate them disgust me.

WifeSlapTed

Awards
That is my new favorite scripture.All these sackless men running around America letting their women dominate them disgust me.
Yea! god (purposefully lower-case) forbid that we treat women as equals and enter into relationships with the understanding that they deserve respect as much as we do.

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

biblical proof that woman are second rate

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
Sorry, I disagree. My wife works full time and I do everything I can to help with the home and children. She's not my servant, she is my friend. We make decisions together.

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sorry, I disagree. My wife works full time and I do everything I can to help with the home and children. She's not my servant, she is my friend. We make decisions together.
dont worry, just funnin around

Orangatang

Orangatang

Awards
  • Established
2 Tim 1:7 ESV-- "for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control."

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
As heat misser brought out the scriptures about how husbands should treat their wives it goes both ways. If a husband treats his wife with love and respect she will have no problem being in submission to him. It's when he treats her badly that she loses respect for him and wants to do her own thing. We both have to know our roles.

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
Nowhere in the bible does it state that women are second rate. GOD gave man athourity over the women in the garden of eden but that in no way means that they are second rate. There were a multitude of women who both paved the way for the founding of Christianity and preached its message. Many women of the Bible proved themselves more than equal to the challenges and trials of their day. Many were considered touched by the hand of God and were full of faith, determination, and courage that helped them to overcome the adversity of the prejudiced era in which they lived. They are the backbone of most chruches. Read the book of Ruth. A great story and by the way the entire book was name after a women.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
Abigail and Sarah come quick to mind.

omni

omni

Awards
  • Established
I don't think God likes women much. I would hate to have been one in bible times. I can't believe God was assisting with rape.

1 A day of the LORD is coming, Jerusalem, when your possessions will be plundered and divided up within your very walls.

2 I WILL GATHER all the nations to Jerusalem to fight against it; the city will be captured, the houses ransacked, and the women raped. Half of the city will go into exile, but the rest of the people will not be taken from the city.

Zechariah 14:1-2

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nowhere in the bible does it state that women are second rate. GOD gave man athourity over the women in the garden of eden but that in no way means that they are second rate. There were a multitude of women who both paved the way for the founding of Christianity and preached its message. Many women of the Bible proved themselves more than equal to the challenges and trials of their day. Many were considered touched by the hand of God and were full of faith, determination, and courage that helped them to overcome the adversity of the prejudiced era in which they lived. They are the backbone of most chruches. Read the book of Ruth. A great story and by the way the entire book was name after a women.
sorry . . . I have a sense of humor

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Who
What
When
Where
Why
How

...a few of you seem to disregard these basic principles of inductive study.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't think God likes women much. I would hate to have been one in bible times. I can't believe God was assisting with rape.

1 A day of the LORD is coming, Jerusalem, when your possessions will be plundered and divided up within your very walls.

2 I WILL GATHER all the nations to Jerusalem to fight against it; the city will be captured, the houses ransacked, and the women raped. Half of the city will go into exile, but the rest of the people will not be taken from the city.

Zechariah 14:1-2
Do you even realize what this is? - This is prophecy about the reign of the anti-Christ and what will happen during that time in Jerusalem. - Do you even continue reading the following verses and come to understand how God delivers his people from this? How they will be protected as they flee? - "I will gather" is not Zechariah speaking for God, though to the untrained eye, or someone with poor reading comprehension may gather it as such.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

These posts just perpetuate a further lack of understanding.

Our Creator wired men and women very differently. Just because a man has authority over a woman does not mean he is superior.

It is a man's duty to love and care for his spouse just as Christ loves the church (He died for the Church). - To continue with this logic means that a man must make decisions that are best for his wife, family, etc (even if outwardly it doesn't appear as such, i.e. tough love).

My girlfriend is 30 and I'm 23. She fully respects me as the man in the relationship. My say is final...and I LOVE HER. I make decisions out of love for her and our relationship together. We don't live together, but when we share time together she honors me in ways that any good woman will, and I too honor her in the ways I should.

The fact is, men lead by reason; women by their heart. There needs to be a balance of each of these, but a heart can be mislead. To truly understand if what you're feeling is of God, you need your brain to distinguish good from evil. This is what true men understand. That's why they are the leaders.

A perfect example:

My girlfriend was previously married for seven years. Her husband cheated on her while he was in the NAVY.

I'll be moving soon, and all of a sudden my girlfriend has these fears and anxiety from her past relationship. This is a perfect example of how past sin can effect someone's heart, and how reason can lead them out of it. She needed me to help her understand that that worry, fear, and stress is not of God. Her heart was being mislead.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
WHY lower-cased?

Yea! god (purposefully lower-case) forbid that we treat women as equals and enter into relationships with the understanding that they deserve respect as much as we do.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Being un-equal is not the same as being more or less deserving of respect, but I wouldn't expect you to comprehend that.

I like the irony in your name, btw.

jgassen15

jgassen15

Awards
"He must become greater, I must become less." John 3:30

"and call upon me in the day of trouble, I will deliver you, and you will honor me." Psalm 50:15

omni

omni

Awards
  • Established
I would still hate to be a woman in bible times...

28 If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, 29 he shall pay her father fifty shekels[a] of silver. He must marry the young woman, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives.

Deuteronomy 22:28-29

kvothe

Awards
2 Timothy 2:3-4

3Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.

4No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

This is no easy road we have chosen and the above is a nice reminder of that.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

From Men's Fraternity Session 15:
Now I’m going to bring us up to a real tense social issue. Thousands of years later, in Paul’s day, he was asked why women couldn’t be pastors of churches. A lot of us ask that same question today as we see both males and females become pastors, but in Paul’s day, he was asked the question, ‘why can’t a woman be a pastor of a church?’ - the leader. You want to see Paul’s answer? Here it is in 1 Timothy 2, Paul says this:

“I don’t allow women to teach or exercise authority over a man but
remain quiet, for it was Adam who was first created, then Eve.”

See, here he was in his day – thousands of years removed from the day God created man and they were asking him about an intensely difficult issue. This was especially true in Ephesus, because Ephesus was a city of pagan religions where all the religious leaders were women. These people who had become Christians were wondering why the women couldn’t lead this church too. So Paul goes back to the myth, back to the mountain, and he says, ‘well, here’s why I don’t think that should happen….because I think God had some original designs in mind.’ And he points to this ‘first’ in creation.
2. Secondly, I want you to notice that Adam in Genesis, is given an occupation and responsibility before Eve’s creation. Here’s what it says in Genesis 2:15:

“Then the Lord God took the man [the male] and put him into the
Garden of Eden to cultivate it, and keep it.”

I don’t know how much time has passed at this point before God created the woman, but here’s what we do know; that God created the man. After He created the man as male, He gave him a job to do – a vocation in the garden of Eden. Then He gave him other responsibilities, orders to obey. During this whole time Eve’s not been created yet. These directions are given to the man exclusively and not to his wife, Eve. We ask “Why?”

All it does is invite the question “why?” It doesn’t answer it; it just asks it by the way it’s set forth there. But if you look at it long enough, you begin to think that it’s almost like there’s some kind of leadership training program going on here.

I believe in many ways, that that’s exactly what’s taking place, because it hints at something central to, and basic about, authentic manhood that we’ll put in a definition later on. I just want you to see the original blueprints at this point.

3. Thirdly, I want you to notice Adam is instructed by God with the responsibility of leading with His word. Genesis 2:16-17 says this;

“And the Lord God commanded the man saying, ‘from any tree of
the garden you may eat freely, but from the tree of the knowledge of
good and evil you shall not eat, for in that day you eat from it, you
shall surely die.’”

By now Eve has still not been created. At this point, there was no Bible, there was only the spoken word of God. God literally spoke to Adam. He’s saying ‘okay, I’ve given you this place. I want you to cultivate it. Now I want to give you some instruction about how to live in this place.’ The thing that’s fascinating is the instruction was not given to Eve, but was given to Adam to then give to Eve, which is what we’ll see a little later on.
But we have to ask the question “Why?” Why did it occur this way? Again, I believe it hints at the spiritual responsibility that God created men to assume as part of real masculinity. A responsibility that thousands of years later is stated outright in Ephesians 5:25-26, when Paul is speaking to men about how to live with their wives. And he says this;

“Husbands, love your wives (I’m just shortening it here to get the essence
of it) love your wives with the Word.”

In other words, a man should lead with spiritual truth when he’s in relationship to a woman. He should lead with spiritual truth – not she should lead. He should lead. That’s a real key — a real nugget to satisfaction and social health, not just for the marriage itself, but for the community at large. It comes under the banner and command, “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth.” - not with dysfunctional kids, but with healthy ones.
To do that, someone’s got to deposit the truth and be the standard bearer. In the “original blueprints”, that scepter is given to the man.

4. Fourth, notice that Adam names the animals which, to any theologian is a signal of his leadership over creation. It says in Genesis 2:19 these words;

“And out of the ground the Lord God formed every beast of the
field, every bird of the sky, and brought them to the man to see
what he would call them, and whatever this man called a living
creature, that was its name.”

Now assigninging names to others in the Bible is very significant because it‘s a sign of authority or leadership over something. You see God exercise that kind of leadership in renaming people throughout the Bible. He takes Abram and He renames him ‘Abraham’ because He’s calling him to be a leader – to be the originator of the nation of Israel. God changed Sarai’s name to ‘Sarah’ to show this very same thing. God changed Saul’s name to ‘Paul’ because He wanted him to be a witness of His resurrection to the Gentile world.
God changed Simon’s name to ‘Peter’ as a sign of his authority over Peter and his calling into the leadership of the church. Here, in Genesis 2, in naming the animals Adam gets to show his first-level leadership over creation. This is a responsibility that his counterpart, Eve, will receive through him, but he receives it first.

5. Finally, I want you to notice – that Adam is given a helper suitable for him. A title that offers further evidence of God’s original core social identity for the woman. Here’s the way it’s said in Genesis 2:18;

“Then the Lord God said, ‘it is not good for the man to be alone (up
to this point everything I’ve told you Adam’s been alone, but at this
point He says…) I will make him a helper suitable for him.’”

Now, I want you guys to listen real closely. I know some of this is a little uncomfortable. The deepest and most profound differences between a man and a woman – male and female – are not physical. They’re intensely sociological. What’s happening here in Genesis is what you and I as men feel right now. It is a relational dance between these two equally endowed, equally valuable counterparts. This relational dance poses a very big question that is pertinent to the very core of masculinity - if it’s a relational dance, then who leads? And who follows?

Do you see how relevant Genesis is? Is that not the question of the 21st Century? Today, in the sociological realms of the everyday life, we as men will experience this - whether this week when you take a girl out on a date – or when you go home to the woman you married. This world is intensely sociological. There’s a relational dance going on between man and woman - who leads? - who follows?

Conagher

Conagher

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The four months I worked for one of my best friends girlfriend really twisted my perspective on women.I literally feel like I did battle with Satan and came out on the losing end.

omni

omni

Awards
  • Established
I always thought slavery was wrong, but the bible gave permission so I guess it was OK.

Leviticus 25:44-46
44 “However, you may purchase male and female slaves from among the nations around you. 45 You may also purchase the children of temporary residents who live among you, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, 46 passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat them as slaves, but you must never treat your fellow Israelites this way.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I always thought slavery was wrong, but the bible gave permission so I guess it was OK.

Leviticus 25:44-46
44 “However, you may purchase male and female slaves from among the nations around you. 45 You may also purchase the children of temporary residents who live among you, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, 46 passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat them as slaves, but you must never treat your fellow Israelites this way.
There is plenty of shortcomings in the Old Testament, primarily the disobedience of the people. Therefore there was a new covenant, New Testament, Christ Jesus.

"Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day [that] I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: But this [shall be] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more." Jeremiah 31:31-34

"For if that first covenant had been faultless, there would have been no occasion to look for a second. For he finds fault with them when he says: "Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will establish a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, not like the covenant that I made with their fathers on the day when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt. For they did not continue in my covenant, and so I showed no concern for them, declares the Lord. For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my laws into their minds, and write them on their hearts, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. And they shall not teach, each one his neighbor and each one his brother, saying, 'Know the Lord,' for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest. For I will be merciful toward their iniquities, and I will remember their sins no more." In speaking of a new covenant, he makes the first one obsolete. And what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away." Hebrews 8:8-12

"Their not blind - they just don't see"

hoopem6

Awards
  • Established
A few favorites that come to mind...

Luke 6:38 - Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Proverbs 16:18 - Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall.

Romans 3:23 - For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
You know why slavery was permitted at that time, You know your scriptures, Don't portray like your ignorant to others. You read the scriptures and your educated on them but by the comments you make they obviously haven't reached your heart. Your always trying to twist everything to make someone question their faith. What do you have to offer? Nothing. Give me a greater reward then the almighty God is offering. Why come in here? Just to push others on your road of faithlessness and Hopelessness. In the words of Jesus Christ "Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only." Matt 4:10

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You know why slavery was permitted at that time, You know your scriptures, Don't portray like your ignorant to others. You read the scriptures and your educated on them but by the comments you make they obviously haven't reached your heart. Your always trying to twist everything to make someone question their faith. What do you have to offer? Nothing. Give me a greater reward then the almighty God is offering. Why come in here? Just to push others on your road of faithlessness and Hopelessness. In the words of Jesus Christ "Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only." Matt 4:10
They are ANTAGONISTS!

I never question my faith because of them. They affirm my faith. They epitomizes the absence of faith. I enjoy having them around.

manofgod

john3;30 jesus said"verily,verily,i say unto thee,except a man be born again,he cannot see the kingdom of god.
john3:30He(JESUS)must increase,but i must decrease.

philipians1:21for to me to live is christand tto die is gain
2corinthians5:10for we must all appear before the judgement seat of Christ;that everyone mayreceive the things done in his body,according to that he hath done,whether it be good or bad.
mat.24:42 WATCH THEREFORE:FOR YOU KNOW NOT WHAT HOUR YOUR LORD DOTH COME

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
They epitomizes the absence of faith.
Without a doubt but you and every man of faith still needs to be on guard. Don't forget this scripture my brother!

2 corithians 10: 12*"Consequently let him that thinks he is standing beware that he does not fall."
"
2 peter 2: 19*"While they are promising them freedom, they themselves are existing as slaves of corruption. For whoever is overcome by another is enslaved by this one. 20*Certainly if, after having escaped from the defilements of the world by an accurate knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they get involved again with these very things and are overcome, the final conditions have become worse for them than the first. 21*For it would have been better for them not to have accurately known the path of righteousness than after knowing it accurately to turn away from the holy commandment delivered to them. 22*The saying of the true proverb has happened to them: “The dog has returned to its own vomit, and the sow that was bathed to rolling in the mire.”

Acts 20: "29*I know that after my going away oppressive wolves will enter in among YOU and will not treat the flock with tenderness, 30*and from among YOU yourselves men will rise and speak twisted things to draw away the disciples after themselves

Colossian 2:"8 Look out: perhaps there may be someone who will carry YOU off as his prey through the philosophy and empty deception according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary things of the world and not according to Christ."

2 peter 2:3 ". Also, with covetousness they will exploit YOU with counterfeit words. But as for them, the judgment from of old is not moving slowly, and the destruction of them is not slumbering.

2 peter 2:13 "wronging themselves as a reward for wrongdoing.
They consider luxurious living in the daytime a pleasure. They are spots and blemishes, indulging with unrestrained delight in their deceptive teachings while feasting together with YOU."

2 peter 3:16"*speaking about these things as he does also in all [his] letters. In them, however, are some things hard to understand, which the untaught and unsteady are twisting, as [they do] also the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction.

Romans 16:17 "Now I exhort YOU, brothers, to keep your eye on those who cause divisions and occasions for stumbling contrary to the teaching that YOU have learned, and avoid them

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Without a doubt but you and every man of faith still needs to be on guard. Don't forget this scripture my brother!

2 corithians 10: 12*"Consequently let him that thinks he is standing beware that he does not fall."
"
2 peter 2: 19*"While they are promising them freedom, they themselves are existing as slaves of corruption. For whoever is overcome by another is enslaved by this one. 20*Certainly if, after having escaped from the defilements of the world by an accurate knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they get involved again with these very things and are overcome, the final conditions have become worse for them than the first. 21*For it would have been better for them not to have accurately known the path of righteousness than after knowing it accurately to turn away from the holy commandment delivered to them. 22*The saying of the true proverb has happened to them: “The dog has returned to its own vomit, and the sow that was bathed to rolling in the mire.”

Acts 20: "29*I know that after my going away oppressive wolves will enter in among YOU and will not treat the flock with tenderness, 30*and from among YOU yourselves men will rise and speak twisted things to draw away the disciples after themselves

Colossian 2:"8 Look out: perhaps there may be someone who will carry YOU off as his prey through the philosophy and empty deception according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary things of the world and not according to Christ."

2 peter 2:3 ". Also, with covetousness they will exploit YOU with counterfeit words. But as for them, the judgment from of old is not moving slowly, and the destruction of them is not slumbering.

2 peter 2:13 "wronging themselves as a reward for wrongdoing.
They consider luxurious living in the daytime a pleasure. They are spots and blemishes, indulging with unrestrained delight in their deceptive teachings while feasting together with YOU."

2 peter 3:16"*speaking about these things as he does also in all [his] letters. In them, however, are some things hard to understand, which the untaught and unsteady are twisting, as [they do] also the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction.

Romans 16:17 "Now I exhort YOU, brothers, to keep your eye on those who cause divisions and occasions for stumbling contrary to the teaching that YOU have learned, and avoid them
I understand completely and it is because I remember the scripture that it is abundantly clear that they are my enemies - full of twisted truths and lies. I call them as I see them.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The Armor of God

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. - Ephesians 6:10-17

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
Philippians 4:11-13 (New International Version, ©2010)

11 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
John 7:46 "The officers replied: “Never has [another] man spoken like this."

I am always in envy to the people who were alive at the time who saw Jesus in the flesh but at the same time I guess they will be in envy when they come back into God's new world and wonder what happend in the old world. The prophesies fortold that came True. They will be excited and want to know what it was like and have lots of questions but so will we. We have the chance to live through the end of this world. The signs point that we are close. What a great honor that will be.

manofgod

mat 5:6 (Jesus said)" Blessed are those that hunger and thirst for righteousness for they shall be filled"

i get pretty pumped up about lifting its definatly pretty cool but my one passion in life is to know him,JESUS,more. all else is second place

phil 3:13 "brethren,i count not myself to have apprehended,this one thing i do ,forgetting those things which are behind,and reaching forth to those things that are before,i press towards the mark for the prize of the high calling of god in Christ Jesus"

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i get pretty pumped up about lifting its definatly pretty cool but my one passion in life is to know him,JESUS,more. all else is second place
Right on brother! ;)

I am always in envy to the people who were alive at the time who saw Jesus in the flesh but at the same time I guess they will be in envy when they come back into God's new world and wonder what happend in the old world. The prophesies fortold that came True. They will be excited and want to know what it was like and have lots of questions but so will we. We have the chance to live through the end of this world. The signs point that we are close. What a great honor that will be.
You know man.....I have thought about this exact same issue recently and wondered IF I would have been like the majority and thought Jesus was a charlatan, heretic or false prophet or something.

Think about it, Jesus only came ONCE (so far) and to be in that time, the narrow 33 year-old window of over 4,000 years now (2,000 at the time), I wonder if you would have the pleasure of hearing everything there is to have heard about Jesus. In some respect, we are very blessed and fortunate to have a compilation of ALL Jesus's wonderul actions and love where these people MAYBE witnessed 1/100000th of his grace and love. Know what I mean? As such, I feel WE are more inclined to believe (to some extent).

In todays information highways, we have MORE access to ALL of the wonder of Jesus entirely as opposed to merely a narrow scope.

That said, to touch Jesus's hand, or hear Him speak, or be in His presence would have been an absolutley INCREDIBLE experience. BUT, I can't help but wonder IF I would have been foolish enough to use too much caution as "who is this Man who proclaims to be GOD"....you know?

Orangatang

Orangatang

Awards
  • Established
Right on brother! ;)

You know man.....I have thought about this exact same issue recently and wondered IF I would have been like the majority and thought Jesus was a charlatan, heretic or false prophet or something.
but wonder IF I would have been foolish enough to use too much caution as "who is this Man who proclaims to be GOD"....you know?

I believe that God has allowed me to live in this time and see the advancement in science and the complexity of his creation to prove to me He is real. It would've been difficult for me to accept him during his time, I am so thankful I get to live in the time he has set for me.