Who uses a tanning bed?

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
Been wondering for years if I should go to a tanning bed...I'm a country boy with a year round farmers tan...but never really get tan above the knees and shoulders...

Any health benefits or other benefits or is it just a sissy thing to do as I have thought my whole life?

Movin_weight

Movin_weight

Awards
  • Established
I use one a couple times per month just to keep a little color. It also helps keep acne down when on gears :)

spartan300

Awards
Been wondering for years if I should go to a tanning bed...I'm a country boy with a year round farmers tan...but never really get tan above the knees and shoulders...

Any health benefits or other benefits or is it just a sissy thing to do as I have thought my whole life?
they did link tanning beds to cancer. but that's not really a health benefit

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I tan 5 days a week... I have really bad Eczema and it keeps it at by. Something with the UV lights kills it.
Also helps with acne. And when you're tan you look lean lol

spartan300

Awards
I tan 5 days a week... I have really bad Eczema and it keeps it at by. Something with the UV lights kills it.
Also helps with acne. And when you're tan you look lean lol
have to tried to get medication from the doctors for your eczema. I think eczema is more of a inflammatory/immune response. Not sure what the UV is killing.

phatmike0704

phatmike0704

Awards
  • Established
i miss doin it, used to go 3-4 times a week at level 2. but for us pale skin people, ull hav to get burned first then ull get the tan. my ass was on fire for like a week. ima start doin it again soon

meathed

meathed

Awards
I get free tanning at my gym so I take advantage of it a couple times a week. I have very oily skin so back acne can become an issue especially with androgens. The tanning pretty much eradicates it along with twice daily showers and benzoyl peroxide. No other real health benefit however. And, I would venture to guess that it increases one's risk of a skin condition or melanoma. I like to have some color as well. I am a pasty white norsk.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
have to tried to get medication from the doctors for your eczema. I think eczema is more of a inflammatory/immune response. Not sure what the UV is killing.
My doctor told me to tan... Lol

SolidusSnake

SolidusSnake

Awards
  • Established
Tanning increases testosterone.
Tanning can get rid of acne and eczema.
Tanning can make you look lean.
Not everyone will get cancer from tanning..

I tan about 3x a week.. I like it..

SolidusSnake

SolidusSnake

Awards
  • Established
Tanning beds and Vitamin D

The best source of Vitamin D is the sun. In fact, we get eighty to one hundred percent of our Vitamin D from it. But if you go to a tanning salon, will you be getting the same benefit the sun gives you? A sunless tan means not getting a tan directly from the sun, so where will you be getting it from? Read on to find out more about tanning beds and Vitamin D.
Ultraviolet rays and tanning beds

Tanning beds and Vitamin D go hand in hand, just like the sun and vitamin D. The sun emits three kinds of Ultraviolet (UV) Rays: UVC at 100 to 290 nm, UVB at 290 to 320 nm, and UVA 320 to 400 nm. Tanning beds are installed with bulbs that emit mostly UVA (long-wave) rays, said to be less harmful than the UVB (short-wave) rays that cause burning. In effect, the tanning bed gives you the same emission as the sun but in a more controlled level of UV and exposure, and thus less harmful, giving you the full benefit of Vitamin D.
Vitamin D3

Vitamin D3, also known as Choleciferol, is the most effective and natural form of Vitamin D for humans, and is made when Ultraviolet light reacts with the skin. Vitamin D deficiency could cause several bone diseases like Rickets in children and Osteomalacia in adults. It could also lead to heart disease, depression, diabetes, hypertension, and obesity. It has also been found to be a factor for most forms of cancer. That is why many scientists are now pursuing further studies regarding tanning beds and Vitamin D. They hope to prove that tanning beds can be used to treat diseases that stem from vitamin D deficiency. If their researches prove that tanning beds and Vitamin D can together heal people, we will probably find tanning beds in a lot of hospitals soon.
UV Precaution

Although we get Vitamin D from the sun and its rays, over-exposure could damage our eyes, immune system, or even cause skin cancer. The body has a natural defense system against UV radiation in the form of melanin, a substance that the skin produces. It absorbs the rays that protect our DNA. Nevertheless, it is advisable to keep in moderation exposure to the sun and frequency of going to tanning salons or using tanning beds. Tanning beds and Vitamin D must be used properly.
On a lighter note

It is also interesting to note that the sun's rays, and thus UV, produces more seratonin, the mood-lifting chemical in the brain. It makes sense why “I'm feeling sunny today” means what it means. So for a healthy body and a healthy feeling, go and soak up some sun or hit the tanning beds at your local salon. Let tanning beds and Vitamin D perk you up. But of course, as all things, you should only tan in moderation.

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
Well damnit, reps for everyone and I won't feel like a tool when I go in to the tanning salon tomorrow...at least the place is called "Extreme Tanning" or something like that...lmao.

SolidusSnake

SolidusSnake

Awards
  • Established
You wont be a tool, you be surprised how many guys at your local gym go to a tanning salon and it a alot.. I go for vitamin d and test boost and it clears my acne..

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hot chicks work at the tanning spa I go to lol

2k1s

2k1s

Awards
  • Established
hot chicks go to tanning salons. game over.

I go mostly to clear up my skin. Just make sure you don't fry yourself the first time you go. Fried balls = no fun

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
2000mg of l-tyrosine will increase the production of Melanin. A protein that gives skin/ hair color. It will help you tan quicker.

Vit. E will help protect the skin from damage.

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
I went today...wasn't as bad as I thought, some cute girl gave me some googoo eyes instead of stinkeyes like I was expecting lmao.

25 bucks for 12 20 minute sessions, seems like a good deal. I'm a cheap skate and tan well so I don't think I am going to use any of that fancy lotion. That and all the kinds they have are like, "sex kitten" "love potion" and stupid **** like that lol.

SolidusSnake

SolidusSnake

Awards
  • Established
I went today...wasn't as bad as I thought, some cute girl gave me some googoo eyes instead of stinkeyes like I was expecting lmao.

25 bucks for 12 20 minute sessions, seems like a good deal. I'm a cheap skate and tan well so I don't think I am going to use any of that fancy lotion. That and all the kinds they have are like, "sex kitten" "love potion" and stupid **** like that lol.
I get unlimited tanning for 20$ a month.. Your getting ripped dude.. You shouldnt start at 20mins either.. Usually start at 12 and work up to 20.

meathed

meathed

Awards
Sex Kitten tanning lotion increases free testosterone by a factor of 10000:1 versus non-lubricated tanning!

j/k... Glad you enjoyed it votum. That is a bit steep for 12 sessions though.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I pay 30 for unlimited i'n any bed

I get cheap as$ bronzer at Ulta like 8 bucks

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
You cant use normal lotion? Like banananana boat 8spf?

Dang Ill check around town for better deals then, it might be the only place.

They made it seem like the only difference between the two was time, like the 12 min one is mroe powerful and costs more so I went with the 20 o.0

Its not the worst sunburn ive hadm but the effects are the worst...at the tingling point (last 2 days) the tingles were so bad I literally couldnt sleep...hope that doesn't happen again.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You cant use normal lotion? Like banananana boat 8spf?

Dang Ill check around town for better deals then, it might be the only place.

They made it seem like the only difference between the two was time, like the 12 min one is mroe powerful and costs more so I went with the 20 o.0

Its not the worst sunburn ive hadm but the effects are the worst...at the tingling point (last 2 days) the tingles were so bad I literally couldnt sleep...hope that doesn't happen again.
Just use some olive oil :D

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tanning beds and Vitamin D

The best source of Vitamin D is the sun. In fact, we get eighty to one hundred percent of our Vitamin D from it. But if you go to a tanning salon, will you be getting the same benefit the sun gives you? A sunless tan means not getting a tan directly from the sun, so where will you be getting it from? Read on to find out more about tanning beds and Vitamin D.
Ultraviolet rays and tanning beds
It is also interesting to note that the sun's rays, and thus UV, produces more seratonin, the mood-lifting chemical in the brain. It makes sense why “I'm feeling sunny today” means what it means. So for a healthy body and a healthy feeling, go and soak up some sun or hit the tanning beds at your local salon. Let tanning beds and Vitamin D perk you up. But of course, as all things, you should only tan in moderation.
I know they oversimplified alot, but there were so many spelling errors in this, on key terms like cholecalciferol and serotonin, that I had to shake my head. I agree SolidusSnake that not everyone will get cancer that tans. But then again, not everyone that smokes gets lung cancer. In the end, we're all adults and we can make our own risk-benefit analysis. Here's some food for thought.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know they oversimplified alot, but there were so many spelling errors in this, on key terms like cholecalciferol and serotonin, that I had to shake my head. I agree SolidusSnake that not everyone will get cancer that tans. But then again, not everyone that smokes gets lung cancer. In the end, we're all adults and we can make our own risk-benefit analysis. Here's some food for thought.
In the great words of Peter Griffin, " Melanoma is just street lingo for SEXIFIED!!"

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
i tan bros.. you mad??

now i did freeze my membership for a minute cuz i was so short on funds so thats why i look so white in my avi but i usually keep a bit more color ;)

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i tan bros.. you mad??

now i did freeze my membership for a minute cuz i was so short on funds so thats why i look so white in my avi but i usually keep a bit more color ;)
Mad? How could be made at you for wanting to be tan and sexy?!

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
Went for the second time today, not nearly as bad because I used some fancy $6 8SPF coconut lotion crap, I'll see if I got roasted in the morning again lol.

On the + side, I got hours of free entertainment trying to peel off the biggest piece of skin, I got one that was like a foot by six inches lmao.