Fox news

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
No news agency is going to do a fare piece about steroids. They no nothing about them and are unwilling to do some research on them. They will talk to doctors who don't know very much about them either. The only thing they know are steroids are evil. It's funny they posted a roster of Athletes that were taking THG. Some of them placed second or third yet they can't make a logic chain of if third place was taking steroids maybe first and second place are too. Can you post that I don't want to sign up?

size

Awards
  • Established
The truth of the matter is that steroids are dangerous especially when used incorrectly. AAS are dangerous for maturing individuals(ie teens); individuals during this period do not possess the mental maturity to handle the effects of anabolics. In fact, some adults even struggle to deal with AAS usage. However, the problem arises from the consistent misinformation that is directed towards AAS.

AAS can most certainly be used safely and effectively. HRT is an example of this. Unfortunately, this is not a view that gets expressed.

Email them and complain. This would be an oppurtunity to present information that is ignored.

Last edited:
CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Yup I saw that...
Hey guys, The ultimate effect of steroids is Suicide.
You guys didn't tell me that.

toastynoodles

Board Supporter
Awards
Yup I saw that...
Hey guys, The ultimate effect of steroids is Suicide.
You guys didn't tell me that.
LoL, Yeah love the way when one person does some thing and it as a bad effect its big news but if something good comes from it u don't here **** about it.! So one side the media is!!!!:(

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
the ultimate (worst) effect of anything is suicide.
too much alcohol, too much orange juice, too much crack, too much whatever

no play and all work, makes me go crazy...

Ibanez

Awards
What bothers me is when AAS users are put into the same category as heroin users. Some of the **** I see is so funny. They make it seem like a steroid user will sell his soul and disregard all safety precautions just to inject that test. Of course, many users are sensible individuals and hopefully know their **** before they use. It just gets fucking annoying.

bigmark1972

Board Supporter
Awards
I'd like to find that dumbass kid and bitch slap him. Idiots like that are the reason they are illegal. Nice coverage also, gimme a break. I'm writing them an e-mail about the positive things steroids have done for me in the past. I would expect better from FOX :(

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Who's Tuned In?

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I turned it on but missed the first few minutes.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Bill L. made a guest apperence

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
I don't think it is on in the east coast is it??

bigmark1972

Board Supporter
Awards
What did they let bill l say (little I bet)

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
I was watching news and didn't see anything did I miss it? WTF?

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Oh lord, what retards. One of the articles on their website had creatine and diurretics listed in with steroids. While I agree with them that diurretics are dangerous (many are way friggin more dangerous than the vast majority of steroids), creatine is completely harmless. Jeez, creatine is possibly the safest suppliment in existance aside from .... well ... heck, it's safer than Whey protein! It's even safer than a multivitamin. The "kidney failure" bullshit they mention has only been linked in studies with folks who:

1) Had pre-existing conditions
2) Had genetic history of problems
3) Were chronically dehydrated
4) Used diurretics
and/or
5) Had a diet excessively high in protein and potassium

The kidney problems that occurred were because of the above mentioned problems, NOT creatine, and creatine has never even been shown to aggrivate kidney problems in cases where they exist.

Oh yeah, and as for water retention, isn't that one of the primary reasons for using creatine in the first place? I've never heard of anyone ever having any health problems from water retention due to creatine.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Oh lord, what retards. One of the articles on their website had creatine and diurretics listed in with steroids. While I agree with them that diurretics are dangerous (many are way friggin more dangerous than the vast majority of steroids), creatine is completely harmless. Jeez, creatine is possibly the safest suppliment in existance aside from .... well ... heck, it's safer than Whey protein! It's even safer than a multivitamin. The "kidney failure" bullshit they mention has only been linked in studies with folks who:

1) Had pre-existing conditions
2) Had genetic history of problems
3) Were chronically dehydrated
4) Used diurretics
and/or
5) Had a diet excessively high in protein and potassium

The kidney problems that occurred were because of the above mentioned problems, NOT creatine, and creatine has never even been shown to aggrivate kidney problems in cases where they exist.

Oh yeah, and as for water retention, isn't that one of the primary reasons for using creatine in the first place? I've never heard of anyone ever having any health problems from water retention due to creatine.

LOL....you mean someone was taking a diuretic with creatine?? Oh my...

Number 5

Awards
What did they let bill l say (little I bet)
bill l. got 2-3 minutes of airtime. he just said that the guy who lost his legs because of gear was the only case in which such a thing has been reported even though thousands of people juice everyday. then when they talked about supps he said that side effects from prohormones are extremely rare and asked where the bodies were if these supps were so terrible? i'm glad they let him represent the other side.

bigmark1972

Board Supporter
Awards
wow well good for him surprised they let him sneak that in.

Rock Lee

Awards
Wow, neither of those suicidal kids even look like they workout.

toastynoodles

Board Supporter
Awards
Wow, neither of those suicidal kids even look like they workout.
I was thinking the same thing! That's what happen's when teen's do stuff with out reseach!! They think gear is the key, it's sad the media is trying to use that suicidal crap to keep teen's away from the gear insteed of teaching them the fact's!

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
If you give an already unstable teenager anything that may be addictive (steroids, cocaine, nicotine, paint thinner, cell phone, crack, chocolate, whatever) and you take it away. Yes, he may go crazy.
The points Fox made - pertained to Steroid Abuse (not steroid use) - they obviously didn't indicate that.

And those two kids hardly looked like they worked out. Sad stories for the families, but no teenager has any business using steroids.

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
bill l. got 2-3 minutes of airtime. he just said that the guy who lost his legs because of gear was the only case in which such a thing has been reported even though thousands of people juice everyday. then when they talked about supps he said that side effects from prohormones are extremely rare and asked where the bodies were if these supps were so terrible? i'm glad they let him represent the other side.
3 minutes compaired to 37 minutes of media hype.

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
I have a few questions after seeing the FOX steroid special.
1. How can they blame steroids of that guy getting Gangrene?
2. Lyle Alzado blamed his cancer on steroids. However, someone told me that he had a very rare type of cancer that usually only appeared in people who have AIDS. Anyone know anything about this?

size

Awards
  • Established
I have a few questions after seeing the FOX steroid special.
1. How can they blame steroids of that guy getting Gangrene?
2. Lyle Alzado blamed his cancer on steroids. However, someone told me that he had a very rare type of cancer that usually only appeared in people who have AIDS. Anyone know anything about this?

1. Developed gangrene from reusing needles.
2. Alzado did have AIDS. Also, I believed he used HGH which some claim causes brain cancers.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
guys - im having 2nd thoughts about these awful drugs (that do nothing good)
thank you fox news
otherwise i love fox news

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
1. Developed gangrene from reusing needles.
2. Alzado did have AIDS. Also, I believed he used HGH which some claim causes brain cancers.
If that's the case, the guy lost his legs out of his own stupidity. If Alzado had AIDS how can he say that steroids caused the cancer?

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
no mention of cycle lengths on any of the persons profiled.

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
I missed the first few minutes of the program. Does anyone know if the suicidal teens took any anti depressants?
Also it was interesting that the doctor who said prohormones can cause liver and kidney problems offered no proof or even a single study.

Ibanez

Awards
I'm pretty positive it stated the first kid, the baseball player, was prescribed anti-depressants to help him when coming off.

Half Truth, Whole Lies.

size

Awards
  • Established
Depression should be no surprise.
Typically, adult males with low testosterone levels suffer from depression. AAS users will experience some depression after a cycle because testosterone levels are nonexistent. Consequently, intelligent users will use proper meds to ensure a wuick a proper return to normal testosterone levels.

My guess would be that these kids had no idea about proper post cycle therapy. Consequently, their testosterone levels were nonexistent, and a state of depression evolved.

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
If they were taking anti depressants it probably contributed to the suicide. The companies making them now have to warn people that certain anti depressants can cause suicidal behavior. There is a class action law suite against the drug companies about it.