Conte is a RAT BASTARD...

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
BALCO founder seeks Bush’s help (AP) - Source

If man at center of steroid scandal can avoid prison, he's ‘willing
to reveal everything he knows

Updated: 3:34 a.m. ET June 16, 2004SAN FRANCISCO - The founder of a Bay Area lab at the center of a steroid scandal is seeking President Bush’s help in negotiating a plea that would keep him out of prison and could implicate potential U.S. Olympians.

Victor Conte’s attorney, Robert Holley, sent the letter Monday to Bush, Attorney General John Ashcroft and three federal prosecutors. The contents of the letter were first reported by the San Jose Mercury News and later confirmed by Holley to The Associated Press.

“Mr. Conte is willing to reveal everything he knows about officials, coaches and athletes in order to help to clean up the Olympics,� the letter says. “He will answer all questions from the United States Department of Justice, the United States Olympic Committee, and the United States Anti-Doping Agency. Further, he will put together a team of experts and truthful witnesses who will aid in this massive job of restoring faith in American athletes and respect for our system of fair competition.�

Conte, founder of the Bay Area Laboratory Co-Operative, and his attorneys met with federal authorities earlier this month but were unable to reach a plea deal.

ALSO ON THIS STORY
WP: Doping official says Jones case should proceed

The meeting came as USADA continues to examine tens of thousands of pages of documents from the federal case against Conte and three other men. Those documents include purported drug-use calendars for athletes, as well as statements Conte made to federal agents during a September raid. All four men have pleaded innocent.

Those documents, obtained by a Senate committee from the Justice Department and then turned over to USADA, already have led sprinter Kelli White to acknowledge drug use and accept a two-year ban.

USADA has also sent letters to Tim Montgomery, Alvin Harrison, Chryste Gaines and Michelle Collins saying it is formally investigating the sprinters. USADA is also seeking information from Marion Jones, who won five medals in the 2000 Olympics.

“He has information that would be of great value to USADA and the Olympic committee,� Holley said in a telephone interview. “I will not talk about any specific information he would give.�

USADA has the authority under its charter to seek punishment against athletes even without a positive drug test. Doping cases could be built on documentation or statements by people such as Conte.

But without a plea agreement, Conte likely would not be willing to corroborate or explain the documents or his statements. Bush condemned steroids during the State of the Union and Holley hopes the president will intervene in this case.

“The best we can do is give it to them,� he said. “What they do after that is up to them.�

Conte is asking to avoid pleading guilty to money laundering — the most serious charge he faces — and to be sentenced only to probation, along with BALCO vice president James Valente.

Track coach Remi Korchemny and Barry Bonds’ personal trainer, Greg Anderson, also were indicted. Conte’s letter does not address Bonds or any other baseball player linked to BALCO.

Conte’s assistance is also being sought by Jones. Her legal team sent Conte’s lawyers a letter asking whether Conte would voluntarily appear or require a subpoena to testify because he has relevant information, a lawyer for Jones said on condition of anonymity.

© 2004 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
I would say that he is making himself a very marked man, unless he enters the witness protection program.

DougMan

Awards
The marion jones thing is a bunch of bull. Thats just jealously in its puriest form. how come this just came up now? I am sure she was tested extensively for years leading up to the 2000 olympics. If she wasnt doping then and she won 5 medals, why would she start now? Its not like she is way past her prime.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
I would say that he is making himself a very marked man, unless he enters the witness protection program.

That dude is a number one candidate for WP...he has no other choice....fact is though, people usually get taken out despite the gov't's involvement....he'll likely be one of them...

How could you fvcking do that? I hate coward ass's.....rats get their's no matter what...

BTW, speaking of the olympics, did anyone catch or read up on that one chick that is now a student at the University of Miami? She just had the fastest, I think, relay time? (can't remember)...anyways, she's from my home town and I think was 2 or 3 years behind me in high school...class of 2001, 2002 or so....should be in the olympics this year..

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It's funny. This guy is ratting out everyone almost seemingly without a care in the world. It's as if he thinks only the mob has people killed when you rat them out. A lot of the people he is ratting on either are good friends with or are very powerful very wealthy people.

Not a smart move on his part if you ask me.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
It's funny. This guy is ratting out everyone almost seemingly without a care in the world. It's as if he thinks only the mob has people killed when you rat them out. A lot of the people he is ratting on either are good friends with or are very powerful very wealthy people.

Not a smart move on his part if you ask me.

Yes, his ignorance is bliss...he won't live long enough to see his trial... ;)

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
?? Are athletes such dangerous people who will order his hit??

And besides athletes are cheaters in sports if they take steroids.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
You don't think there will be repercussions when all of these olympic athletes go down? I'm not even going to try and explain that, trust me, when a lot of money is involved, there will be a MAJOR affiliation with persons of power...

What?? You can't be serious bro....

AAS don't make the player, the player makes the player.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Marcus you are on the wrong site then.. because by your defination, you are a cheater.. you are using PH's which are banned as steriodal compounds by the Olympic committee

lancelot

Banned
Awards
  • Established
what gets even crazier about this is that he named patrick arnold as the one making the designer steriod for him. :eek:

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Marcus you are on the wrong site then.. because by your defination, you are a cheater.. you are using PH's which are banned as steriodal compounds by the Olympic committee
The point I was trying to get at - planning a murder on a rat's ass because (someone) took steroids is not exactly a righteous act. Why crow about it?

I'm not a drug tested athlete. But even if I were one, I have no problems being labeled a 'dirty cheater'.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
the thing I was pointing out to you and so was Jergo... gear and PH's are TOOLS... you are not going be a great athele just because you use gear or PH's.. it helps you, just like using weights or using a nutritionist to aid you with a diet but you don't see anyone at the IOC trying to ban using weights for divers do you? We as a public have been feed a whole line of bull when it comes to what AAS and PH's can and can not do.. that is one of the reasons for the motto of the site "Learn, Teach, Lead"

And you didn't read the post.. they were talking about Conte's ability to roll on people that trusted him, even when he knew what could happen to him if he were caught.. NO personal responsibility for his actions.. PERIOD... all he is doing is trying to get his ass out of a sling using anything and anyone that he can.. that my friend is why that some of us are not all to happy with dickhead, Conte...

TheChosen1

TheChosen1

Awards

Bro,
I guess you never saw that City Confidential documentary where an NFL player ordered his girlfriend's murder simply because he knocked her up. If they're desperate enough, they can and will. :eek:

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
Welcome Chosen. I didn't realize you had made it over here. Glad to see ya.

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established

They are going to sick Ray Lewis on him.lol
MG half the Raiders tested positive with the stuff . Do you really think they are the only ones in football taking steroids?

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
My guess is when Conte starts squealing like a pig, it's going to have some pretty damaging implication for all sports including the Olympics. Which will have officials wanting to sweep this under the carpet. They successfully linked the scandal with prohormones. The supplement companies shot them selves in the foot and hung themselves. The end result prohormones will be illegal forcing people to buy steroids and Athletes will move on to the next undetectable designer drug.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
I know the Skipper is supposed to go down with the ship. But, I don't think anyone ever explained to this guy that it doesn't mean to take his crew and rest of the fleet along with him. :rolleyes:

This guy knows he's done, and is just trying to get some attention taken off of him. Throwing yourself on the mercy of the court doesn't do much these days, especially in Federal court. I'm sure the prosecution has approached him with an offer, and he is countering that offer. I've seen this tactic used hundreds of times. It's an effective tool law enforcement uses to further their investigations. When a guy's back is against the wall and he has nowhere to go, most will cave in and cooperate. The only one's I ever had trouble with were those in the Mexican Mafia. That was because if they "ratted", it wasn't their hide they had to worry about, but the lives of their loved ones. :shoot:

It all depends on how much the Gov. is willing to spend on this. I'll guess that they are willing to spend a good chunk of change/manpower, especially with the Olympics and PH ban coming up.

This guy will end up with a target on his back. If an athlete doesn't go after him, then perhaps an enraged fan of an athlete who's career was ruined by this scandal will.

And, no, I don't condone violence. At least not in the jursidiction where I work. :D

Rictor33

Awards
  • Established
your not just talking about athletes here. Alot of IOC officials have also been bribed to allow these athletes to get through testing unscathed. The IOC is very corrupt as most people know, but this guy has a serious death-wish trying to open up this can of worms.

PastorofMuppets

Awards
Heh, it makes me wonder if Conte names all the names, then will the authorities then be pressured to suppress the information due to the wide scope of athletes who would be in trouble? (like the admitted olympics test results suppression in the past?)

The political ramifications could be huge really. People wouldn't take kindly to their sports heros being expelled from competition.

I think that the authorities would be biting off more than they can chew if Conte rolls over completely.

btatedash

Awards
Just think, if conte hadn't gotten greedy, none of this probably would have happened. While the media is making a big stink about steroids, the government really wants him on money laundering. It's the same old story w/ steroid dealers: the government doesn't actively pursue them till they start into dealing X and other hard stuff.

Stupid greedy asshole. Here comes the trainwreck of careers. We oughta start a pool on how many people get banned from competition for this

COLOSSUS

Awards
He will be killed................end of story. There is way too much money on the line. These athletes that he's planning on squeeling on have endorsements, medals, sponsorships, titles. And not to mention more than a few of them are rich. Im also willing to bet that he had to have been dealing with atleast a few shady behind-the-scenes people. He is making a BIG mistake.

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
What do you mean here??
They linked prohormones in with the Conte steroid scandal and used it as a springboard to pass the legislation to ban prohormones. THG was not a over the counter prohormone. It was a designer steroid. Prohormones are legal THG was not yet they are banning the over the counter stuff.

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
He will be killed................end of story. There is way too much money on the line. These athletes that he's planning on squeeling on have endorsements, medals, sponsorships, titles. And not to mention more than a few of them are rich. Im also willing to bet that he had to have been dealing with atleast a few shady behind-the-scenes people. He is making a BIG mistake.
He's not going to be killed. When they get all the ramifications when he starts talking they'll probably convict him for 40 years so it won't come out.

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
If he tells him everything it will totally change the way the public thinks about sports and will give every sports organization a huge black eye to put it mildly. Imagine what the reaction would be if they figured out that every gold, silver, and bronze Olympians were taking drugs for the last 50 years. How about every football , basketball, baseball, or hockey players. Well on second thought, the press should be able to make that leap now but can't.

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
Sammy the Bull is just a little different. He had his own family to protect him, plus he himself is a cold blooded killer, able to protect himself quite well. Conte isn't anywhere like that. Even if Conte goes to prison, he will be shivved in the yard within a year.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Sammy the Bull is just a little different. He had his own family to protect him, plus he himself is a cold blooded killer, able to protect himself quite well. Conte isn't anywhere like that. Even if Conte goes to prison, he will be shivved in the yard within a year.
Yeah, true. I agree with that.

However, I don't think Conte will spend a day in a regular prison. I sense a country club atmosphere for this guy, just liek the Enron peeps :rolleyes:

bigmark1972

Board Supporter
Awards
I think he's digging his grave, I bet half of the NFL and lots of Baseball players were his clients. These guys make tons of money (and would like to continue to do so) think about it........

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I think he's digging his grave, I bet half of the NFL and lots of Baseball players were his clients. These guys make tons of money (and would like to continue to do so) think about it........
And what's to suggest they won't continue to do so?

adrenalinaddict

Awards
ya, sammy will get it though. You dont really think hes gotten away this long because they cant get him right? The saying goes "all in due time" Trust me, theyll get him.

bigmark1972

Board Supporter
Awards
And what's to suggest they won't continue to do so?
Well I am sure once he gives out all of the names, at a minimum these individuals will be looked over very closely in the future. If player x is under scrutiny and drops around 30lbs or so he's gained in the last few years player x will not perform as usual and you can bet their next contract won't be nearly as fat.

Perhaps on the other hand nothing will come of it except the ban of PH. People with money are often exempt from our legal system.

adrenalinaddict

Awards
so many players use. One of my buddies at work used to be pro. He said they pressured him sooo much to gain weight. He HAD to do cycles every offseason in order to stay in the game...pun intended. Given hes not a big guy. He naturally is around 175, but said he would have to get up to like 190 in offseason to keep playing.

bigmark1972

Board Supporter
Awards
Yup, I had a guy I knew and played rocket and highschool football with that got a full ride to Michigan State. He dropped out because they were pushing drugs on him so bad and making him eat like 3lbs of steak a day among other things.