For Beastie Boys Fans...

Pirate

Awards
Hey Guys,

Just bought the new Beastie Boys cd, "To the Five Boroughs" and well.........

"Ch-Check it out" is a great song on the cd but other then that, it kinda sucks.
I guess I was expecting more of the same from "Licensed to Ill", the greatest Beastie Boys cd ever and one of my all time favorites. "To the Five Boroughs" was just a political bashing of G.W. Bush. I would rather them jam about drinking, robbing, rhyming and stealin but to no avail. The worst part of it all is that there was not ONE PIRATE REFERENCE. That kinda sucked. I just got it so it my grow on me, but as of now, thumbs DOWN.

Beastie Boys still rule ass though...Here are my top ten Beastie Boys songs:

1)Rhymin and Stealin' (obviously)
2)Paul Revere
3)So Whatcha want
4)Sure Shot
5)Sabotage
6)Intergalactic
7)Fight for your right
8)No sleep 'till Brooklyn
9)Shes Crafty
10)THE ENTIRE LICENSED TO ILL CD

Well thats my rant, if any BB fans have any comments please share!

-Pirate

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
I love them. I'm liking the new song alot, but listend to the album on a pre-release radio program and wasn't that impressed, actually. We'll see, like you said it may have to grow on you.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Just got my new Beastie, but was only able to skip thorugh it. From what I listened to, I liked.

I got Velvet Revelover on its release date and love it. Had to listen to it a few times and it grew on me quick.

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
"To the Five Boroughs" was just a political bashing of G.W. Bush.
-Pirate
I had heard that this CD was going to be political. I guess you can't expect the Beasties to keep on making the same type of music album after album. Just look at Metallica. They went from the best metal band of all time. To one of the lamest.

Pirate

Awards
Hey guys,

Wow, I'm surprised at the quick responces.....Glad to see there are some Beastie Boys fans here.....I thought that some of you might be interested in the site, its called the Beastie Boys Annotated Lyrics Page..........it goes really in depth about what the stuff they are jammin about reall means.........heres the link.......http://bboylyr.soopageek.com/

Enjoy!

-Pirate

paul3371

Awards
Honestly beastie boys are one of the worst groups ever. Their music has not matured or evolved in 15 years. If you want some music check out alkaline trio, from autumn to ashes, yellowcard, thursday, thrice, AFI, taking back sunday and matchbook romance to name a few. :)

hogiejoe

Banned
Awards
dude, one of the worst bands ever!? thats a little extreme man. not your style though. personally i think music these days sucks. i guess i am just eventually gonna be an old man listening to "vulgar display of power" on the oldies station, while my kids criticize me for being lame.:)

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
i think music these days sucks.
Pop/hip hop has digressed so badly in the last few years it's sad. Some of the songs that actually get released on the radio blow my mind, that there are actually people out there spending money to produce them. I hardly ever listen to anything top 40 anymore and when I put on the radio I quickly am reminded why.

hogiejoe

Banned
Awards
mtv has ruined music. do you think we would listen to britney spears if there was only radio? i think not. i love watching bands like beastie boys perform on david letterman though. i remember back in the day when white zombie performed on letterman and blew the roof off. kinda off topic but i just thought of that cuz i saw beastie boys on there the other day. have you seen that one episode of chappelle's show when it shows carson daily in the future. thats how i feel about music these days.

hogiejoe

Banned
Awards
it funny as hell, dave goes to a little whole in the wall asian store kinda like the one in the movie gremlins and buys this movie camera that can show the future. he runs into carson daily and films him and it shows him like 10 years later and he is all bald and fat and he is freaking out on all the little kids in the trl studio. pretty damn funny. it is in season one which i got the dvd of.

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
lol "How fucking excited can you be to see a video that you've seen 53 times in a row?! ****!!" Great episode

Pirate

Awards
Honestly beastie boys are one of the worst groups ever. Their music has not matured or evolved in 15 years. If you want some music check out alkaline trio, from autumn to ashes, yellowcard, thursday, thrice, AFI, taking back sunday and matchbook romance to name a few. :)
Are you mental? AFI? TAKING BACK SUNDAY? Thats extremely homosexual music. Never ever ever ever ever, ever ever ever, bad mouth the beastie boys again with that punk rock garbage. Seriously though, punk rock is what fat chicks listen to.

-Pirate

paul3371

Awards
Are you mental? AFI? TAKING BACK SUNDAY? Thats extremely homosexual music. Never ever ever ever ever, ever ever ever, bad mouth the beastie boys again with that punk rock garbage. Seriously though, punk rock is what fat chicks listen to.
-Pirate

lol man i don't know about that. That is a huge generalization and I don't know one fat chick that listens to it. Punk rock is where its at now, not the beastie boys who are all about as old as my dad. They had their time, now its time to hang it up.

Last edited: