Is there a doc in the house.

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
I know this isn't close to this boards specialty but i also know that there are a few doc's on the board along w/some very well educated bros so here goes. I've got a very close friend who had a deep vein thrombosis (blood clot) at age 17, and another a few months after. This resulted in her being put on blood thinners(coumadin) for the rest of her life. Two years later she's having kidney problems most likely coming from the blood thinners she's taking. What I would really like to know is if these drugs mixed w/alcohol would have any negative effect on the body, and if so what would they be. She's only 19 right now and her parents are really strict so she's never let the doc's know she drinks, and I have a feeling this is causing some problems. If anybody has any info on this it would really be appreciated.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
I would check on webmd to see what the recommendations are but with any type of blood thinner mixed with alcohol, the blood thins out even more, so I would advice against it and it is not like she is really missing anything IMO

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
I would check on webmd to see what the recommendations are but with any type of blood thinner mixed with alcohol, the blood thins out even more, so I would advice against it and it is not like she is really missing anything IMO
Thanks a lot i'm gonna check out that website. I was aware of the thinning of the blood but what i'm really curious about is if the alcohol and blood thinner is harsh on the kidneys. Thanks again.