Ran my 2nd Marine Corps Marathon

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Been MIA from the boards for awhile, just busy deployments, school, and general life stuff. I should be back around now though. To start my return off I thought I would share my marathon experience...

Marine Corps Marathon; 26.2 miles.

This was my 2nd time running it. I ran it last year on my birthday (without training). This year I wanted to run it again, but train for it and better my time. Well, I did train and I did better my time, though not by much. Plantar fasciitis and ITB syndrome held me back from running it as hard as I could, particularly from mile 14 on. The 1st half was smooth. Still, it was great and I raised over $850 for The Semper Fi Fund, which supports our nations Wounded Warriors. This will be my last full marathon though for awhile. Next year I plan on running a bunch of half's and adventure races like The Warrior Dash and the Tough Mudder. Below is a pic and a link to my Garmin page that shows splits, times, distance, elevation, and even a google map.

Click here to see Garmin info!
*The last mile time, pace is innacurate because I forgot to stop my garmin. This would also take about 10-15 min off overall time as well.

Last edited:
3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
RRAAAHHHHH!!!!!

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Way to go Ben!

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thought I would post up a pic from last years marathon too along with a pic from the Warrior Dash... illustrating your outcome. Warrior Dash was fun as hell. The Tough Mudder I am running in April is the same, just much more intense. I mean it's 18 miles in the mountains vs 3.11 miles.

TheWriting

TheWriting

Awards
I am very supportive, a lot of Marines in my family!

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am very supportive, a lot of Marines in my family!
I'm a Navy Corpsman and have spent over half my career greenside so they are like family to me. In fact, though I'm proud to be Navy all my Marines and to quite an extent myself feel I am more a Marine than a Sailor.