New forum layout - good or bad?

New forum layout - good or bad?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

warsteiner

Awards
  • Established
I've just logged into the forum and it looks like things have changed. The 'main' forum page now has a 'Supplement' section and the Supplement Reviews, Articles and Auction sections are now sub-sections of the Supplement section ala bb.com. The same with the Supplement Companies section.

I'm not too sure of this outlay myself as I though the previous version was ok. What does everyone else think?

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok, so it's not me and Chrome messing up...something is happening here. :lol:

Not sure that I like it. I like the old format, but I'm not a big fan of change anyway. I can see the point of a Supplement Section, but I don't like having all of the companies banded together. Both of those mean an extra click to get into somewhere that I want to be. Since I'm mainly in the Gen Supp, Company Promo, AX Subforum, and this section, it's more time to refresh, more hitting the back button, and if my connection bogs down, more time to load. With all the banners and ads here, loading times are already slower on average compared to some other places I visit.

But, if it's the will of AM, then it shalt be done.

warsteiner

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I don't know the deal with companies having their own section on the forum (do they have to pay?) but I can't imagine any of the companies being happy with no longer being on the front page. Out of site, out of mind as they say.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its not done yet...and i know people don't like change, but the main page was getting WAY too long and too large (effected load times)

Plus I am hoping to add a quickjump bar at the top so all it takes is a click to go anywhere.

And with the subforums being displayed you can get to them fairly quickly.

The goal is to consolidate things a bit better than having everything spread out so much....

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I don't know the deal with companies having their own section on the forum (do they have to pay?) but I can't imagine any of the companies being happy with no longer being on the front page. Out of site, out of mind as they say.
Yes they pay, they are still on the front page and now they are at the top. From clickthrough reports, its WAY better for them.

warsteiner

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, it looks like the changes are still on-going as each sub-forum now looks to be appearing as a link on the front page. Will be interesting to see how it turns out but it's starting to look much better.

noot

noot

Awards
  • Established
The column for ads narrows the already narrow horizontal

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Huh?

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The column for ads narrows the already narrow horizontal
The ad column placed on the right side is for marketing. Since we read right to left, it's the first thing that our eye sees. We're more apt to view the ads this way. ;)

No complaints, though. Doesn't make a lick of difference to me. As long as I can get to where I need to go here, it's good ol' AM.

Happy updating!

noot

noot

Awards
  • Established
The ad column placed on the right side is for marketing. Since we read right to left, it's the first thing that our eye sees. We're more apt to view the ads this way. ;)

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
Like everything else that changes, it will take some getting used to.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

No complaints, though. Doesn't make a lick of difference to me. As long as I can get to where I need to go here, it's good ol' AM.

Happy updating!

Bingo.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you say no, you get negged. If you say yes, I'll rep you. Fixed poll? Damn right! :lol:

notserious.jpg

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It works... I can't help but read the damn advertisements every time I go into a forum lol... was wondering why I could ignore them so easily before.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It works... I can't help but read the damn advertisements every time I go into a forum lol... was wondering why I could ignore them so easily before.
HA!! I tune them out. Maybe it's that I trained myself to do it, or that I hate commercials anyway, or that most of the TV I watch is recorded on DVR, or that I'm a rep and mostly ignore other companies' ads...but it's doable. :D

Already gotten used to the layout. Change it again and we'll have words!!!!

j/k... :cheers:

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Its not done yet...and i know people don't like change, but the main page was getting WAY too long and too large (effected load times)

Plus I am hoping to add a quickjump bar at the top so all it takes is a click to go anywhere.

And with the subforums being displayed you can get to them fairly quickly.

The goal is to consolidate things a bit better than having everything spread out so much....
I just click on the new posts tab at the top right anyway, and it's still the same. By the way there are no ads on that page...

are you going to bring back the clown?

Chest

Awards
I like the new page. It will take some getting used to but overall i like the set up. Good work AM

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
HA!! I tune them out. Maybe it's that I trained myself to do it, or that I hate commercials anyway, or that most of the TV I watch is recorded on DVR, or that I'm a rep and mostly ignore other companies' ads...but it's doable. :D

Already gotten used to the layout. Change it again and we'll have words!!!!

j/k... :cheers:

Most members always tune them out...its guests that look at them and 90% of the traffic on this site is guests. Its the silent majority that make or break you :D

Even though NP is the exclusive retailer here Sam and I both know that 90% of the traffic here doesn't buy from him. IF they did, he would be monstrous. Most people come here to read about new stuff.....read logs, reviews, etc...then decide to buy them at various places. Its why I NEVER tell a company to gauge ROI on what NP sells of your product because its an extremely short sighted view. IF you do well at NP, GREAT...but worry about your stuff overall. Care about your brand, not what one retailer sells. Some companies won't get it..never will...but some do and benefit greatly.

...but we still want everyone to buy from NP :D

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
...but we still want everyone to buy from NP :D
HA!! And I/we do! :D Stand behind those you trust and trust those who you stand behind. Sam's had my business for years now, and I see no reason to change it.

And I'd assume that companies would be looking at their total sales vs. that from one retailer. I agree that doing otherwise is certainly foolish! But, since I'm not in the sales end of things and I hate numbers, I'll let someone else worry about it while I come here every day and have some fun. :)

TO ANY GUESTS READING THIS... For Pete's sake, sign up! Get involved!! The more you know, and the more you actually ask questions, the better off you will be, and the better off AM will be for your additions!

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
It actually makes it a little more organized IMO. If you want the latest threads or posts then hit up the "new posts" icon to make things even smoother.

noot

noot

Awards
  • Established
Needs some variety in the ads though, they appear to be the same few.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
I like it, now maybe the idiots who post in the wrong section like it's their job and out of laziness can actually click the right section in one click.
As with any change there adaptation time.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I put this in another forum, but when viewing the forum through the Iphone the Nutraplanet forum isnt showing up. wasnt sure if this is something your aware of.

goldie

Awards
Yeah we are still wokring on the mobile version and might have to disable it for now until we get it worked out.

(Goldie=Dwight Schrute...its our registered memeber test account)

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah we are still wokring on the mobile version and might have to disable it for now until we get it worked out.

Goldie? Is that you....?

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established

Gotcha.

BB12

BB12

Awards
  • Established
Actually looks like a web page via the Droid. No issues here

Before it was very generic looking via phone access.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I removed the mobile skin...now you can either view as normal or use Tapatalk (mobile app)

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I'm gonna be honest, I didn't notice any changes until I saw this thread and tried looking for changes.

I usually just go back and forth between UserCP and 'New Posts' :) People are typically hesitant toward change...like the black background for example, but I've grown accustomed to that as well.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You do know you can change the background? Doens't have to be black...

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
You do know you can change the background? Doens't have to be black...
Yeah, but I don't save cookies on my comp and it always reverts back. I learned to love it. :wink1: