R.I.P. Nick Winters

tattoopierced1

Many of you may remember Nick from the forums. It has come to my attention that Nick died this morning. Rest in peace my friend.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow. He wasn't much older than me, IIRC. Any speculation as to what caused this?

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
what was his screen name?

Sorry to hear of someone so young

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh, dang.... That sucks! Nick was an AX athlete back in like 2007, too. Long time ago, but I do remember him. BIG dude, very very nice.

All my best to his friends and family.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Old thread, wanted to bump for anniversary but am a day late. I was thinking about it today though as I payed my student loan bill. I went to college with Nick for a semester and trained with him a few times. Even sold him some Vitargo, lol. Was a super nice guy more than willing to help anyone. He helped me bench 365 my freshman year (haven't gotten back there since).

Funny story, he was training at night while intermeral(sp?) basketball was going on. A gym full of people, I was on the bench and he says "hey come spot me" I was like WTF? Why me (didn't say that though Nick was a friggen house) it was this time I didn't know exactly how strong he really was so I didn't think too much of it. I get in there and 625 was on the bar!

I'm thinking, what the hell am I gonna do? Need less to say he ran a few sets and everything was fine. I get back to the game and my buddy says what was that all about? I said, ah no biggy nicks just benching 625 for reps lol

Gone but never forgotten, RIP Nick.

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Old thread, wanted to bump for anniversary but am a day late. I was thinking about it today though as I payed my student loan bill. I went to college with Nick for a semester and trained with him a few times. Even sold him some Vitargo, lol. Was a super nice guy more than willing to help anyone. He helped me bench 365 my freshman year (haven't gotten back there since).

Funny story, he was training at night while intermeral(sp?) basketball was going on. A gym full of people, I was on the bench and he says "hey come spot me" I was like WTF? Why me (didn't say that though Nick was a friggen house) it was this time I didn't know exactly how strong he really was so I didn't think too much of it. I get in there and 625 was on the bar!

I'm thinking, what the hell am I gonna do? Need less to say he ran a few sets and everything was fine. I get back to the game and my buddy says what was that all about? I said, ah no biggy nicks just benching 625 for reps lol

Gone but never forgotten, RIP Nick.
That's very sad dieing so young. How did he die??

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

benmayro

benmayro

Awards
  • Established
Never talked to a kid, but nothing is worse than someone going to young. My thoughts to everyone effected by this. I can obviously see gone, but not forgetten.

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Blood Clot
Damn how could that've been prevented, blood thinners..maybe even daily aspirin..Really makes you think of how you never know when its your time to go. That's why we should make the most of life while we are here.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have no idea, after 2008 I didn't have much interaction with him.

One can only assume the health risks that are involved with being a raw 700lbs bencher that's 5'10 325lbs. Could have also been a freak thing. I never asked any questions (I was FB friends with him & his wife from school) didn't seem appropriate.