R.I.P. Nick Winters

  1. tattoopierced1
    tattoopierced1's Avatar

    R.I.P. Nick Winters


    Many of you may remember Nick from the forums. It has come to my attention that Nick died this morning. Rest in peace my friend.


  2. Wow. He wasn't much older than me, IIRC. Any speculation as to what caused this?
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

  3. tattoopierced1
    tattoopierced1's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Wow. He wasn't much older than me, IIRC. Any speculation as to what caused this?
    Not yet, I will keep everyone updated.
    •   
       


  4. what was his screen name?

    Sorry to hear of someone so young
    TEAM GET DIESEL

    GET DIESEL NUTRITION | SINCE 2002 | GETDIESEL.COM
    Like us on Facebook: GET DIESEL Facebook Page
  5. tattoopierced1
    tattoopierced1's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    what was his screen name?

    Sorry to hear of someone so young
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/member.php?u=7541

  6. Oh, dang.... That sucks! Nick was an AX athlete back in like 2007, too. Long time ago, but I do remember him. BIG dude, very very nice.

    All my best to his friends and family.
    -RecoverBro Zombie Specialist and Paracord Wrangler
    -Independent due to lies that hurt my family. Loyal to myself and my Bro's.

  7. Old thread, wanted to bump for anniversary but am a day late. I was thinking about it today though as I payed my student loan bill. I went to college with Nick for a semester and trained with him a few times. Even sold him some Vitargo, lol. Was a super nice guy more than willing to help anyone. He helped me bench 365 my freshman year (haven't gotten back there since).

    Funny story, he was training at night while intermeral(sp?) basketball was going on. A gym full of people, I was on the bench and he says "hey come spot me" I was like WTF? Why me (didn't say that though Nick was a friggen house) it was this time I didn't know exactly how strong he really was so I didn't think too much of it. I get in there and 625 was on the bar!

    I'm thinking, what the hell am I gonna do? Need less to say he ran a few sets and everything was fine. I get back to the game and my buddy says what was that all about? I said, ah no biggy nicks just benching 625 for reps lol

    Gone but never forgotten, RIP Nick.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    Old thread, wanted to bump for anniversary but am a day late. I was thinking about it today though as I payed my student loan bill. I went to college with Nick for a semester and trained with him a few times. Even sold him some Vitargo, lol. Was a super nice guy more than willing to help anyone. He helped me bench 365 my freshman year (haven't gotten back there since).

    Funny story, he was training at night while intermeral(sp?) basketball was going on. A gym full of people, I was on the bench and he says "hey come spot me" I was like WTF? Why me (didn't say that though Nick was a friggen house) it was this time I didn't know exactly how strong he really was so I didn't think too much of it. I get in there and 625 was on the bar!

    I'm thinking, what the hell am I gonna do? Need less to say he ran a few sets and everything was fine. I get back to the game and my buddy says what was that all about? I said, ah no biggy nicks just benching 625 for reps lol

    Gone but never forgotten, RIP Nick.
    That's very sad dieing so young. How did he die??

    Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

  9. Quote Originally Posted by vidapreta

    That's very sad dieing so young. How did he die??

    Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2
    Blood Clot
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  10. Never talked to a kid, but nothing is worse than someone going to young. My thoughts to everyone effected by this. I can obviously see gone, but not forgetten.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/training-forum/198788-highschool-athlete-thread.html

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    Blood Clot
    Damn how could that've been prevented, blood thinners..maybe even daily aspirin..Really makes you think of how you never know when its your time to go. That's why we should make the most of life while we are here.

    Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water

    Blood Clot
    What caused the blood clot? Steroids? I take 81 mg aspirin daily and I'm only 26. The best form of treatment for disease and illness is prevention. Well that plus I'm a bit of a hypochondriac

  13. I have no idea, after 2008 I didn't have much interaction with him.

    One can only assume the health risks that are involved with being a raw 700lbs bencher that's 5'10 325lbs. Could have also been a freak thing. I never asked any questions (I was FB friends with him & his wife from school) didn't seem appropriate.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Nick Diaz wants to fight GSP
    By VolcomX311 in forum MMA
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 02-06-2010, 02:08 PM
  2. Nick Diaz Vs Frank Shamrock
    By dynomite in forum MMA
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-01-2009, 12:06 PM
  3. Calling out NIck Winters!!!!!Wher u @
    By MrSkullCrusher in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-21-2008, 06:49 PM
  4. Fund Raiser in Kansas with Nick Winters as Guest Lifter!
    By MrSkullCrusher in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-12-2006, 09:39 PM
Log in
Log in