Gym Ideas

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
If you were given the opportunity to start your own gym. What would you do to make it amazing? I have had some ideas and heard some pretty interesting niches already. But, what things would make you drop your current gym membership and move to a new gym?

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The underground strength gyms similar to what Zach Even-esh, Defranco, and The Forged Athlete guys are something that would draw me in. Simple effective stuff.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Make it a topless gym

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
But in all seriousness, I've wanted to open a gym down the line and one of the things I'd do is have all members take a gym etiquette session. It would make a lot of experienced guys pissed off, but it would lay things out and EVERYONE would have to do it. You don't follow protocol, you get fined. I'm referring to people who don't put their weights away - people who toss the dumbells and act hard but can only do 3 reps anyway (I'm not referring to when you drop them in a controlled fashion after a set, lowering them a bit before letting go), not wiping down machines, etc.

It might seem nit-picky, but things like that irritate me. And it's also how injuries happen and dumbells get worn down, etc.

I would also have very heavy duty equipment and would have some form of rock music playing (not today's pop...seriously, don't forget your iPod if you're going to the gym I go to now).

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
What would you think of a gym that provided your meals for the day cooked and ready to go at the end of your workout?

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
The underground strength gyms similar to what Zach Even-esh, Defranco, and The Forged Athlete guys are something that would draw me in. Simple effective stuff.
Which gym to you go to right now?