digital scale

x_muscle

Awards
  • Established
im trying to but a digital scale for my powders experiment with 0.1 or 0.01 readability. but i don’t know nothing about scale brands and stuff. can some one give name of a reliable, reasonable priced digital scale?
any help will be apreciated

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
good scale very similar to mine..

x_muscle

Awards
  • Established
dose this stuff work?.........seam realy cheap. in my college we use expensive scales coast 500$ each and they are not even accurate. so i dont know if this would work.

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
dose this stuff work?.........seam realy cheap. in my college we use expensive scales coast 500$ each and they are not even accurate. so i dont know if this would work.
The scales at your college is probably a heavy duty thing which can handle more weight. Pocket scales can't take alot of weight and are easily damaged.
Cheap analog 0.01g ones are only $13, ~$80 for 0.01g digital ones. I suggest those for more accuracy if you ever need measuring out half or quarter grams.

screwbol

Banned
Awards
If I buy the MyWeigh 120Z digital scale (the one sold at bulknutrition), do I need to also buy the 100g calibration weight that MyWeigh offers, or does it come pre-calibrated? I will be using the scale for amounts of no less than 1g and no more than 5g. Much thanks to anyone who can help me out with this question.

cr4ytonic

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I would get the calibration weight, better safe than sorry. I do not have that particular scale but I do like to calibrate mine before use.

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=11814&item=3834358348&rd=1

I just bought this scale for the same reason. It is very accurate and weighs in hundredth of a gram (0.01), cheap and reliable. It comes with a calibration weight to double check is the scale is weighing correctly (the scale is already recalibrated). The seller is very honest I received my package 3 days after buying it. By the way I bought the silver model.
Would this scale be accurate enough if you were dealing w/clen?

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
I'd def get one that read to .01 if you want to deal with clen, unless you don't mind making a **** load of it at once. my weigh has never let me down and I got mine off ebay for like $75. best money I ever spent because having it is priceless

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
I'd def get one that read to .01 if you want to deal with clen, unless you don't mind making a **** load of it at once. my weigh has never let me down and I got mine off ebay for like $75. best money I ever spent because having it is priceless
Thanks a lot. Just wanted to make sure that one was accurate enough.

Josey Wales

Awards
Other than online (e.g., eBay), anyone know what kind of shop would carry calibration weights? Scale didn't come with a 50g calib weight. Would rather get one locally than wait for one ordered online.

Josey Wales

Awards
I bought mine from Stryder works fine!
Wish I did too, but I didn't. I can't use the scale without a calib weight. Unfortunately, it didn't come with one and there was no mention of that fact in write up on the 1fast site where I bought it. But I'd rather not wait for another package to come in the mail to get started. So does anyone know what type of local store (a hardware store maybe) would carry calibration weights? Thanks.

Buc4Life04

Awards
  • Established
If im not mistaken a nickel weighs 5 grams or something like that it said in my booklet about if you didnt have a calibarate weight. It should come calebrated just put a pill or tablet that you know the weight like UG lags M1T is 5mg so i just made sure it was right like that before i used it.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
If im not mistaken a nickel weighs 5 grams or something like that it said in my booklet about if you didnt have a calibarate weight. It should come calebrated just put a pill or tablet that you know the weight like UG lags M1T is 5mg so i just made sure it was right like that before i used it.
Yep. 20 nickels equal 100 grams.

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't trust nickels or pennies as calibration weights. Its too inaccurate for the precision scales we are talking about.

Just buy a calibration weight from an online vendor.