Everything Fishing - Come On In!!! - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 6

Everything Fishing - Come On In!!!

Page 6 of 16 First ... 4567811 ... Last
  1. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  171 lbs.

Warmouth

Goggle eye
    I was wrong the caption on this pic said bream/bass mix.

These are 2 different fish though.
    Taste the rainbow.

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

PUMPED I found this thread. Fishing and Exercising my only real hobbies. Living in NY about an hour from the Catskills So i have some great trout fishing near me. Going Friday and Saturday for a couple all day fishing trips. Heres a Pic from about a month ago. Nice Brown, had a big chunk taken out of his back, and eagle or hawk probably took a swipe at him.
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

My family went trout fishing a lot when I lived in the Northeast. I was young, so I just played in the water and caught crayfish, lol.
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Rough morning. Caught two fish and here's the biggest, lol. Oh well, beats sleeping the day away, right? Off to the gym and then work!
    Attached Images Attached Images
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    Rough morning. Caught two fish and here's the biggest, lol. Oh well, beats sleeping the day away, right? Off to the gym and then work!
    I don't care if I catch anything, a day on the water is a good day!

Had some real good fishing this weekend, plenty of nice trout. No pics though because it was raining out and i didn't want to risk ruining another phone on the river.

Next week I'm going to borrow my buddies boat for some bass fishing, what do you guys usually use for bait/ lures when you're bass fishing?
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

A day on the water is great day, indeed!

I've been catching on a lot of different things, as of late. It's probably just due to the time of year.Lately, I've seen luck with theo following while fishing for large mouth bass: 6.5" - 10" U-tail Worms (Zoom June Bug, Texas Rigged), Beettle Spins (Glitter Chartreuse Grub or Black and Chartreuse Tube),White Spinners (Large Willow Leaf blade w/small Colorado blade), Crank Baits, and Plastic Lizards (salamanders eat bass eggs, so bass get aggressive when they see these near their beds).

When I go somewhere new, I try something for about 15 - 30 minutes and then switch it out if I'm not getting any action. I keep doing this until I find what works.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.

I went out yesterday. A couple light bites but no catches. All the bass are holding tight to their beds where I am. Usually you can pull em off their beds but they wouldn't budge yesterday.
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

Yeah, we're in bedding season now, too. It makes it tough fishing off the shores and docks/piers.
  9. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I was always told to stay away from the fish during their "doin' it" season. Or I read it somewhere. I used to subscribe to Bassmasters magazine around 20 years ago.
  10. AI Sports Nutrition

LMAO!!!
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TeamAISports
    http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition
  11. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    I was always told to stay away from the fish during their "doin' it" season. Or I read it somewhere. I used to subscribe to Bassmasters magazine around 20 years ago.
    I'm strictly catch and release with bass. They're pretty aggressive when they're bedding, but I've never tried to fish their beds. I know a lot of people do, though. It seems like cheating to me
  12. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.

I'm strictly catch and release with bass. They're pretty aggressive when they're bedding, but I've never tried to fish their beds. I know a lot of people do, though. It seems like cheating to me
    I can see to where you would think it was cheating. I was trying and couldn't get a bite from it lol. I'm catch and release for bass as well. They are too fun to catch to eat in my opinion. I generally eat catfish, sunfish, and crappie. I've heard suckers are good but haven't been able to bring myself to eat one.... kind of a nasty fish.
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

IMO, it's different if you're going to release your catch. It's all good then b/c no harm is being done to the fish since it can live to die another day.

Anyway, I was told that you basically have to jig their beds. From what I understand, they'll bite out of aggression. I was also told that if you catch off of a bed and it's a male that you don't throw him back right away. The idea is that you hold onto him and then the female will come over to the bed too. Now you have a chance to hook into a Hawg! Of course, I condone throwing them both back after the big catch.

Do you eat tilapia? If you do, I won't tell how they're used commercially before being sold
  14. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.

I do not eat tilapia. I have tried it in the past but didn't care for it. So tell away!
  15. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

I still eat a lot of Tilapia
    Skip the vid forward and start at about 40 seconds in:

16. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.

That is pretty gross. NEVER eating tilapia again. I catch my own (unless of course it is mahi mahi or grouper).
  17. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

LOL. I don't know, I think they're pretty delicious
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.

19. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.

A day on the water is great day, indeed!

I've been catching on a lot of different things, as of late. It's probably just due to the time of year.Lately, I've seen luck with theo following while fishing for large mouth bass: 6.5" - 10" U-tail Worms (Zoom June Bug, Texas Rigged), Beettle Spins (Glitter Chartreuse Grub or Black and Chartreuse Tube),White Spinners (Large Willow Leaf blade w/small Colorado blade), Crank Baits, and Plastic Lizards (salamanders eat bass eggs, so bass get aggressive when they see these near their beds).

When I go somewhere new, I try something for about 15 - 30 minutes and then switch it out if I'm not getting any action. I keep doing this until I find what works.
    Me and my fishing partner do it kind of opposite.We stick to the same setup that has proven to work.If we are not getting bites within 20 minutes,we will move about 10 yards or so.We keep this up until we find a honeyhole.
    The weird thing is,we fish the same lake every time,but we have found that the spot where we caught a mess a couple of days before might not produce 2 days later.
  20. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Conagher View Post
    but we have found that the spot where we caught a mess a couple of days before might not produce 2 days later.
    They got wise to your technique and quit biting.
  21. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

Me and my fishing partner do it kind of opposite.We stick to the same setup that has proven to work.If we are not getting bites within 20 minutes,we will move about 10 yards or so.We keep this up until we find a honeyhole.
    The weird thing is,we fish the same lake every time,but we have found that the spot where we caught a mess a couple of days before might not produce 2 days later.
    I do most of my fishing from the shore, so I'm limited to a finite amount of space. If I'm fishing on a boat I have a tendency to stick more to my go-to set up -> Texas Rigged Junebug U Tail worm
  22. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.

I do most of my fishing from the shore, so I'm limited to a finite amount of space. If I'm fishing on a boat I have a tendency to stick more to my go-to set up -> Texas Rigged Junebug U Tail worm
    Me too, I don't mind the shore though. Especially for bass. Its tough to beat a day of pond hopping. Texas rigged watermelon candy dinger though. Texas rig is so useful; just throw it up in the weeds and hold on tight.
  23. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

I saw Dingers on sale at Walmart this past week for $1.96 a bag. Do they dry out or are they regular plastic worms?
  24. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.

I saw Dingers on sale at Walmart this past week for $1.96 a bag. Do they dry out or are they regular plastic worms?
    That's a pretty good price. I've never had issues with them drying out. I just store them in the bag they come in with no issues. They seem to be about the same material as other plastic worms.
  25. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

I usually do something similar, I have 3 go to lures and will try them in a hole, If I don't get any action I move one and repeat.

On a side note took up flyfishing a few weeks ago and caught my first fish on a fly rod yesterday . I promise I won't turn into one of those fly fishing snobs though.
  26. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

^^^LOL. My buddy started fly fishing this weekend. It didn't sound like he was giving up his bait-caster though...not yet
  27. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by joelast View Post
    I promise I won't turn into one of those fly fishing snobs though.
    Haha, good we don't need anymore of those. I've tried fly fishing, caught some bluegill. I don't really know what the appeal is.
  28. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

Haha...my buddy said his dad catches Large Mouth while fly fishing, but usually catches panfish.

So what do you guys use for tackle boxes? Last week I upgraded to a soft pack with removable trays. I was thinking about getting a similar one that was in the style of a back pack. I was impatient and went to Walmart

On the plus side, I still have one whole empty tray and $125 in Bass Pro Shop gift cards!
  29. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.

Haha...my buddy said his dad catches Large Mouth while fly fishing, but usually catches panfish.

So what do you guys use for tackle boxes? Last week I upgraded to a soft pack with removable trays. I was thinking about getting a similar one that was in the style of a back pack. I was impatient and went to Walmart

On the plus side, I still have one whole empty tray and $125 in Bass Pro Shop gift cards!
    $125 I am jealous. Bass pro is honestly the happiest place on earth (not Disney). I use a tackle bag (Bass Pro brand) With removable boxes. Keep my extra line in a side pocket and soft plastics in the front. I like the soft bag over hard boxes.
  30. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

That's what I just upgraded too, but mine is Plano. It only holds four removable boxes (which it came with)...but it was under $25 too. There's plenty of pocket space too, though.
  31. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.

Here is mine. It is kind of over flowing.
  32. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

Do you have stock in Yum Dingers?
  33. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.

Do you have stock in Yum Dingers?
    Hahaha, That is a pretty good idea.
  34. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.

I usually do something similar, I have 3 go to lures and will try them in a hole, If I don't get any action I move one and repeat.

On a side note took up flyfishing a few weeks ago and caught my first fish on a fly rod yesterday . I promise I won't turn into one of those fly fishing snobs though.
    I used to flyfish for trout.Got pretty decent using a flyrod.I know what you are saying about the flyfishing snobs.These guys take themselves way too seriously.
  35. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.

We drop a small jighead below a very lightweight bobber and then put a piece of worm on the jighead.If there is no wind to make the bobber move naturally,we will give it a tug every minute or so.
    We drop or raise the jighead depth depending on conditions.We will occasionally change the color of the jighead we are using.We have yet to leave the lake without catching a mess of fish.
    My other go to lure are rattletraps.They almost never fail to produce a couple of lunkers.
  36. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

We drop a small jighead below a very lightweight bobber and then put a piece of worm on the jighead.If there is no wind to make the bobber move naturally,we will give it a tug every minute or so.
    We drop or raise the jighead depth depending on conditions.We will occasionally change the color of the jighead we are using.We have yet to leave the lake without catching a mess of fish.
    My other go to lure are rattletraps.They almost never fail to produce a couple of lunkers.
    A few summers ago when I stayed on a lake for a month I used rattletraps almost exclusively. Rapalla's x-rap did the trick too, retrieving it with plenty of twitching.
  37. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.

A few summers ago when I stayed on a lake for a month I used rattletraps almost exclusively. Rapalla's x-rap did the trick too, retrieving it with plenty of twitching.
    I never used the x-rap,but was moderately successful at retrieving snagged lures with the twitching technique.I hate losing lures.That is why I primarily stick with the jigs.If you lose a few,no big deal because they are relatively inexpensive.
  38. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.

I never used the x-rap,but was moderately successful at retrieving snagged lures with the twitching technique.I hate losing lures.That is why I primarily stick with the jigs.If you lose a few,no big deal because they are relatively inexpensive.

Yeah try losing luckycrafts. Great lures but it really sucks when you lose one of those. I have several but have only lost one.
  39. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

My last purchase was that tackle bag, a rattle trap, and a crank bait.

Check out this 8.5 lbs Largemouth. That's not me in the picture nor is it my fish...it is my scale though
    Attached Images Attached Images
  40. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.

That's a good one
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. REAL Helicopter Fishing!!!
    By b unit in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-10-2009, 07:10 PM
  2. Caught 1-1/2 miles off shore while fishing!!!
    By LiftNDestroy in forum General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-14-2007, 04:59 PM
  3. fishing story
    By Beelzebub in forum General Chat
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 01-08-2006, 10:06 PM