Everything Fishing - Come On In!!! - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 3

Everything Fishing - Come On In!!!

Page 3 of 16 First 123458 ... Last
  1. AI Sports Nutrition

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    I used to fish for pickerel up in upstate NY and pennsylvania. Got some serious damn big ones. I think the biggest was close to 3 feet. What a pain that was to bring in. In the lakes where they were common, had to go with as much as a 1 foot steel leader just so the bastards wouldn't bite thru the line

We have alot of pickerel here in MA also I knew Pike got that big but not pickerel. If I was reeling in a 3 foot pickerel I better have one of those metal hook removers or I am cutting the damn line.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TeamAISports
    http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition

2. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Yeah, you damn well kept at least a set of needle nose pliers in the tackle box freakin nasty things.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  3. AI Sports Nutrition

Yeah, you damn well kept at least a set of needle nose pliers in the tackle box freakin nasty things.
    Some long a$$ needle nose my hand would go nowhere near the beast that Nate caught!!!
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.

Bait shop & laboratory!

Man I have never caught anything like that. I would be freaked out if that thing ended up in my boat!
    Last edited by funkd0c; 10-27-2010 at 11:31 PM. Reason: spelling
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

That's a Gar my friends! I believe it's a Florida Spotted Gar.
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
  6. AI Sports Nutrition

Well if I ever make it to Florida again I will only swim in a pool. Seeing that thing there is no way I jumping into a lake or pond down there LOL. They must feast on the other fish.
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

They'll completely take over in smaller lakes and ponds because they're so aggressive. Most people down here kill them when they catch one. You can't even eat them. The meat is kind of leathery and they are just full of bones.
  8. AI Sports Nutrition

Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    They'll completely take over in smaller lakes and ponds because they're so aggressive. Most people down here kill them when they catch one. You can't even eat them. The meat is kind of leathery and they are just full of bones.
    Same with the pickerel here very much bones.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.

Smile

nice pics everyone!! ill throw up a few too

trout season is just around the corner so i gotta wet a line soon!

enjoy, i got more if you guys want some more
    Attached Images Attached Images
    PM me about my peptide research findings
  10. AI Sports Nutrition

Quote Originally Posted by pilip99 View Post
    nice pics everyone!! ill throw up a few too

trout season is just around the corner so i gotta wet a line soon!

enjoy, i got more if you guys want some more

Ahhhhhhh nice pics except the 5th from the bottom WTF is that.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by pembroke3355 View Post
    Ahhhhhhh nice pics except the 5th from the bottom WTF is that.

ahahahahah is that the superdrol'd squid you're referring to? hahahah
  12. AI Sports Nutrition

ahahahahah is that the superdrol'd squid you're referring to? hahahah
    Whatever it is it never would have made it on my boat LOL. Damn it is nasty looking.
  13. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  171 lbs.

I caught an albino catfish over the summer in Mississippi. Even had the pink eyes.
  14. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

Cool pix Pilip99! Spec season is starting up here in Central Florida (aka crappie/croppie/speckled perch/papermouth, etc). I've never been out for them, but I've heard it's a lot of fun.

Hopefully I'll make it out a few times in the next month. They're supposedly the kings of panfish.
  15. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.

Thumbs up

Cool pix Pilip99! Spec season is starting up here in Central Florida (aka crappie/croppie/speckled perch/papermouth, etc). I've never been out for them, but I've heard it's a lot of fun.

Hopefully I'll make it out a few times in the next month. They're supposedly the kings of panfish.
    man, i would love to take a trip down there to florida and tear it up!! if you do head out make sure to take those pics and put em up!!! reps!
  16. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bluehealer View Post
    I caught an albino catfish over the summer in Mississippi. Even had the pink eyes.
    Is this common or is it an anomaly?

man, i would love to take a trip down there to florida and tear it up!! if you do head out make sure to take those pics and put em up!!! reps!
    I'm back on a regular shift now and the guy I always go fishing with has a different schedule. It's going to be tough to get out a lot now, but I'm going to try!
  17. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  171 lbs.

Is this common or is it an anomaly?
    That's the first one I've ever come across. My mother-in-law took a picture, next time I go to MS. I'll get it and post it. I didn't think it was right to eat it so I let it go. I'm sure it's pretty easy to spot from the air, good meal for a hawk, lol.
  18. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

I think the water is still too warm for Speck. We had an alright night with the cats though. The pix are kind of hard to see.

I believe this one was a Flathead Cat. It had a mouth on it as big or bigger than a Large Mouth Bass of the same size. It fought like crazy too!

19. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

My buddy caught a smaller Channel Cat but it had a nice little belly on it. It wouldn't hold still for a pic though

20. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.

Nice lookin catfish bro!
  21. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.

Arrow

I think the water is still too warm for Speck. We had an alright night with the cats though. The pix are kind of hard to see.

I believe this one was a Flathead Cat. It had a mouth on it as big or bigger than a Large Mouth Bass of the same size. It fought like crazy too!

mmmm flatheads!! powerful little suckers!
  22. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

No kidding. My buddy looked over and was like, "What the hell are you pulling in!"

The ironic thing is that I was about to pull that line in b/c I had crossed it with another line. I always pull the line very slightly and slowly before reeling in...just in case something is checking out my bait. I figure that doing this might cause an instinctive strike. I honestly at first thought that whatever I caught had wrapped around a rock or under a log in the water! This one was just a little under 18".
  23. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  303 lbs.

Pretty lucky up here in SW Michigan....decent rivers and inland lakes and ofcoarse Lake Michigan with salmon, perch, lake trout, brown trout, steelheaad, and my favorite Skamani (its a really aggressive steelhead that breeds in the summer. And of coarse theres Lake Erie on other side with great walleye and smallmouth
  24. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

That sounds like some really good fishing. I think I might start looking into to doing some salt water fishing. I've never really been, but have been told that I won't go back to freshwater once I do
  25. New Member

I have not been fishing in years, it would be great to be able to do it again, time permitting
  26. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

Up until about two months ago, I hadn't been but maybe once or twice in about 15 years. I was instantly hooked...again

As of a few hours ago, I had plans to go tomorrow morning, Friday night, and Saturday morning. I'm not sure if any of it will happen now, lol.
  27. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

Rough day guys. I caught a couple of Large Mouth Bass, but the biggest was about nine inches long...if that

Honestly though, it was a little longer than my hand from fingertip to palm. No keepers this week. Oh well, it was a new spot and it was windy as hell. I can't complain though, b/c the weather is still beautiful here in Central Florida!

28. AI Sports Nutrition

Rough day guys. I caught a couple of Large Mouth Bass, but the biggest was about nine inches long...if that

Honestly though, it was a little longer than my hand from fingertip to palm. No keepers this week. Oh well, it was a new spot and it was windy as hell. I can't complain though, b/c the weather is still beautiful here in Central Florida!

Your freaking Spotted Gar are probably eating all the big Large Mouth Bass LOL.
  29. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

Did anyone watch the collage fishing competition in Sacramento ? One of the teams landed a treble hook in the back of his partners head ! 2 of the 3 prongs were buried in the kids scalp...ouch. They caught some pretty nice fish though.
  30. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

Your freaking Spotted Gar are probably eating all the big Large Mouth Bass LOL.
    LOL. That happens in some areas. Those things will just take over.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanboy View Post
    Did anyone watch the collage fishing competition in Sacramento ? One of the teams landed a treble hook in the back of his partners head ! 2 of the 3 prongs were buried in the kids scalp...ouch. They caught some pretty nice fish though.

Treble hooks are nasty.
  31. AI Sports Nutrition

LOL. That happens in some areas. Those things will just take over.

Treble hooks are nasty.
    Man you just have not lived if you have not made a trip to the emergency room with treble hooks in you. Thank God it only happened once LOL.
  32. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

LOL. What?

I just read this Don. What happened? Did you hook somebody or did somebody hook you?

Sorry guys. This was a rough week. I went fishing three times since the pic of that little monster two posts up...the only thing I caught this week was a killer blue gill. I'm not sure how he did it, but it was off of a minnow. The minnow was sticking out of his mouth when I pulled it in. The bluegill couldn't even swallow the bait
  33. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.

Killer Blue Gill, eh? I will stay away from them, lest I lose my life
  34. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

Yup. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. I told you, it was an off week, lol.

Speaking of killers though...there's a lake up the street from my house and people have occasionally been catching these Pacu from 15 lbs - 20 lbs. I'm not sure how though b/c the local papers are stating that they're supposedly herbivores. I'm certain they're omnivores though:

EDIT:^^^That's not me. Just the best pic I could find
  35. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I had bought a pacu for my fishtank a long long ways back (1994?) When I got him he was around the size of a quarter. After a couple years, he was a good foot across, and although oddly he didn't eat any of the original fish who were in the tank with him, once he was big enough I couldn't add any new fish as he'd immediately eat em. Then one weekend I went away for something or another, and when I got back, he was solo in the tank
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  36. AI Sports Nutrition

Yup. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. I told you, it was an off week, lol.

Speaking of killers though...there's a lake up the street from my house and people have occasionally been catching these Pacu from 15 lbs - 20 lbs. I'm not sure how though b/c the local papers are stating that they're supposedly herbivores. I'm certain they're omnivores though:

EDIT:^^^That's not me. Just the best pic I could find
    Thats it I am never going to Florida again. You guys got to much freaky shiat growing in your waters!!!!!
  37. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

I had bought a pacu for my fishtank a long long ways back (1994?) When I got him he was around the size of a quarter. After a couple years, he was a good foot across, and although oddly he didn't eat any of the original fish who were in the tank with him, once he was big enough I couldn't add any new fish as he'd immediately eat em. Then one weekend I went away for something or another, and when I got back, he was solo in the tank
    LOL. My suspicions have been confirmed.

Thats it I am never going to Florida again. You guys got to much freaky shiat growing in your waters!!!!!
    I swam in the lakes when I was younger. No more my friend, no more.
  38. AI Sports Nutrition

LOL. My suspicions have been confirmed.

I swam in the lakes when I was younger. No more my friend, no more.

That thing looks like a Piranha on steriods.
  39. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

My first Speck experience. I think I need to get a boat

40. AI Sports Nutrition

My first Speck experience. I think I need to get a boat

Almost looks like a tiny bass. First normal looking fish I have seen you pull out of those FL waters.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. REAL Helicopter Fishing!!!
    By b unit in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-10-2009, 07:10 PM
  2. Caught 1-1/2 miles off shore while fishing!!!
    By LiftNDestroy in forum General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-14-2007, 04:59 PM
  3. fishing story
    By Beelzebub in forum General Chat
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 01-08-2006, 10:06 PM