Everything Fishing - Come On In!!!

Page 2 of 21 First 1234 ... Last

  1. Got up early this morning, went grocery shopping at like 05:30, put the dog in the truck, and went fishing

    I had an interesting day, to say the least and, for all intensive purposes, was finished by 10:00.

    I caught a nice catfish and a huge Brim (Bream...not sure what my buddy calls it). For those of you not familiar, a Bream is a type of "panfish." This thing was so big that it literally pulled my pole over my tackle box and into the water!!! We had to fish the pole out of four or five feet of water with another rod and then I pulled in the miniature goliath, lol.

    Here's the mottled white catfish that I caught. My buddy caught one too.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49


  2. Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    Got up early this morning, went grocery shopping at like 05:30, put the dog in the truck, and went fishing

    I had an interesting day, to say the least and, for all intensive purposes, was finished by 10:00.

    I caught a nice catfish and a huge Brim (Bream...not sure what my buddy calls it). For those of you not familiar, a Bream is a type of "panfish." This thing was so big that it literally pulled my pole over my tackle box and into the water!!! We had fished the pole out of the water with another rod and then I pulled in the miniature goliath, lol.

    Here's the mottled white catfish that I caught. My buddy caught one too.
    Holy sizzzat that is one big catfish what the hell do you feed those things in FL??? They never get anywhere near that size around here.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TeamAISports
    http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition
    •   
       


  3. The one my buddy caught was the same length, but had a bigger belly on it

    If that's the type of catfish I think it is, it wouldn't have gotten any longer...maybe fatter though.
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
  4. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    I had catfish for breakfast yesterday btw, its what I order at cracker barrel breakfast time
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  5. I've never been there, although, I hear it's pretty good.
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    Got up early this morning, went grocery shopping at like 05:30, put the dog in the truck, and went fishing

    I had an interesting day, to say the least and, for all intensive purposes, was finished by 10:00.

    I caught a nice catfish and a huge Brim (Bream...not sure what my buddy calls it). For those of you not familiar, a Bream is a type of "panfish." This thing was so big that it literally pulled my pole over my tackle box and into the water!!! We had to fish the pole out of four or five feet of water with another rod and then I pulled in the miniature goliath, lol.

    Here's the mottled white catfish that I caught. My buddy caught one too.

    Well done sir. Bet that was fun to get in.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    I've never been there, although, I hear it's pretty good.
    Nothing beats breakfast at The Crackhouse!!!
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!



  8. Quote Originally Posted by BurghHardcore View Post
    Well done sir. Bet that was fun to get in.
    I love catching catfish. They usually fight a lot for their size.

    Quote Originally Posted by prld2gr8ns View Post
    Nothing beats breakfast at The Crackhouse!!!
    Is it really that good?
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49

  9. Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    Is it really that good?
    I like it. I have several memories of early morning hunting and fishing trips that involved a stop at Crackerbarrel for breakfast and 2nd breakfast. It always beats Dairy Queen.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!


  10. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    Yeah, I get uncle hershel's breakfast with either fried or grilled catfish, 2 eggs over medium, hash brown casserole, grits and biscuits and gravy. its perfect
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  11. Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    I love catching catfish. They usually fight a lot for their size.


    Is it really that good?
    I think you guys are feeding those catfish Superdrol, Catfish here never get anywhere near that size. Maybe your catfish are eating at the crackerbarrel also LOL.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TeamAISports
    http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition

  12. Quote Originally Posted by prld2gr8ns View Post
    I like it. I have several memories of early morning hunting and fishing trips that involved a stop at Crackerbarrel for breakfast and 2nd breakfast. It always beats Dairy Queen.
    I just pack a cooler and take food with me. I load up my gallon thermos with Gatorade too if I'm leaving straight from work, lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Yeah, I get uncle hershel's breakfast with either fried or grilled catfish, 2 eggs over medium, hash brown casserole, grits and biscuits and gravy. its perfect
    That definitely sounds like something I would eat. Do they serve breakfast all day long?

    Quote Originally Posted by pembroke3355 View Post
    I think you guys are feeding those catfish Superdrol, Catfish here never get anywhere near that size. Maybe your catfish are eating at the crackerbarrel also LOL.
    Is it not normal to chum with Superdrol?
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
  13. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    That definitely sounds like something I would eat. Do they serve breakfast all day long?
    Sure do!
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  14. Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    I just pack a cooler and take food with me. I load up my gallon thermos with Gatorade too if I'm leaving straight from work, lol.



    That definitely sounds like something I would eat. Do they serve breakfast all day long?



    Is it not normal to chum with Superdrol?
    LOL!!!
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TeamAISports
    http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition

  15. Happy weekend!

  16. Anyone fishing this weekend?
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!



  17. Quote Originally Posted by pembroke3355 View Post
    Holy sizzzat that is one big catfish what the hell do you feed those things in FL??? They never get anywhere near that size around here.
    Quote Originally Posted by pembroke3355 View Post
    I think you guys are feeding those catfish Superdrol, Catfish here never get anywhere near that size. Maybe your catfish are eating at the crackerbarrel also LOL.
    Obviously you don't live or fish in Oklahoma.. I've seen catfish caught on a jig line that were 115lbs+ and that was at least 15 yr ago. Ones that are 10-20lbs caught by rod and reel are commonplace.
    Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    Is it really that good?
    Oh yes, Cracker barrel breakfast is THAT good! I end up eating 4 buttermilk biscuits after my meal every time I eat there.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by funkd0c View Post
    Obviously you don't live or fish in Oklahoma.. I've seen catfish caught on a jig line that were 115lbs+ and that was at least 15 yr ago. Ones that are 10-20lbs caught by rod and reel are commonplace.


    Oh yes, Cracker barrel breakfast is THAT good! I end up eating 4 buttermilk biscuits after my meal every time I eat there.
    You are correct sir. I have only fished here in MA and the catfish never get anywhere near that big. Believe me I wish they did.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TeamAISports
    http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition

  19. Quote Originally Posted by funkd0c View Post
    Obviously you don't live or fish in Oklahoma.. I've seen catfish caught on a jig line that were 115lbs+ and that was at least 15 yr ago. Ones that are 10-20lbs caught by rod and reel are commonplace.


    Oh yes, Cracker barrel breakfast is THAT good! I end up eating 4 buttermilk biscuits after my meal every time I eat there.
    I'm sure there are some HUGE cats down here, but I just keep happening to catch species that only grow to one to two feet. It will be nice to hook into one of those monsters that have indeterminate growth...or a nice large mouth.

    Quote Originally Posted by prld2gr8ns View Post
    Anyone fishing this weekend?
    I really want to go this morning, but nobody wants to get up early. My cousin wants to go this afternoon though...not sure how that'll work out.

    I'm going to head out and peruse the stores for some bait tackle instead. That's almost as fun..but not quite.
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49

  20. Quote Originally Posted by pembroke3355 View Post
    You are correct sir. I have only fished here in MA and the catfish never get anywhere near that big. Believe me I wish they did.
    Too bad.. Sounds like a great time for a fishing trip with friends!
    Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    I'm sure there are some HUGE cats down here, but I just keep happening to catch species that only grow to one to two feet. It will be nice to hook into one of those monsters that have indeterminate growth...or a nice large mouth.



    I really want to go this morning, but nobody wants to get up early. My cousin wants to go this afternoon though...not sure how that'll work out.
    Hahaha nice large mouth

    I hate fishing in the afternoons. Morning and evening are best, just like spring and fall are best.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by funkd0c View Post
    Too bad.. Sounds like a great time for a fishing trip with friends!

    Hahaha nice large mouth

    I hate fishing in the afternoons. Morning and evening are best, just like spring and fall are best.
    Now I love me some large mouth bass fishing!!!!
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TeamAISports
    http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition

  22. Small mouth bass are a great catch too. I've probably caught more of them than I have large mouth.

    I found out that there's a chain of lakes connected by canals almost within walking distance of my house. The water must be pretty low b/c there was a lot of vegetation on the bottom. I went back by today and talked to some of the regulars. They confirmed that the water is low and the weeds are ruining what is usually pretty good fishing. I'll have to check back every now and then though since it's so close to home.
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49

  23. Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    Small mouth bass are a great catch too. I've probably caught more of them than I have large mouth.

    I found out that there's a chain of lakes connected by canals almost within walking distance of my house. The water must be pretty low b/c there was a lot of vegetation on the bottom. I went back by today and talked to some of the regulars. They confirmed that the water is low and the weeds are ruining what is usually pretty good fishing. I'll have to check back every now and then though since it's so close to home.
    Keep checkin on it. It would be a waste to let it go..

  24. I go fishing during the summer for rainbow trout because I live close to the mountains. A lot of them are not very big though!

  25. Quote Originally Posted by funkd0c View Post
    Keep checkin on it. It would be a waste to let it go..
    Especially considering that I drive about thirty minutes or so to get to most of my fishing holes. I really could walk to this one.

    Quote Originally Posted by naturalgainer View Post
    I go fishing during the summer for rainbow trout because I live close to the mountains. A lot of them are not very big though!
    Trout taste great though. Do you fly fish? I've never tried that, but have heard that it takes a lot of practice.

    What kind of trout do you have in your area? I grew up eating Rainbow Trout. I remember seeing Brown Trout, but it seemed like you could only catch them fly fishing.
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49

  26. smoked trout is one of my favorite fish dishes

  27. http://www.melosrestaurant.com/

    ^^^Awesome smoked salmon dish!
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49

  28. I went out to a private lake this morning and had to trek through 8' tall weeds and orange groves to get there. There were some monstrous bass out there. It was odd though. They would take the "shiners", but would throw them once I tried to set the hook or put any tension on the line. I'm not kidding, some of these bass were 10+ lbs

    The weather is cooling down and it's possible that's why they weren't striking aggressively. My buddy overslept. Hopefully we were just too late in the morning because I want to hit that spot up again!

    I'm in a slump, but hopefully I'll have some cool pix to post up soon...
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49

  29. Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    http://www.melosrestaurant.com/

    ^^^Awesome smoked salmon dish!
    dammit, now I want some smoked salmon!!
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!


  30. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    I had a grilled mullet poboy while I was in Pensacola, that was superb
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. REAL Helicopter Fishing!!!
    By b unit in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-10-2009, 08:10 PM
  2. Caught 1-1/2 miles off shore while fishing!!!
    By LiftNDestroy in forum General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-14-2007, 05:59 PM
  3. fishing story
    By Beelzebub in forum General Chat
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 01-08-2006, 11:06 PM
Log in
Log in