Everything Fishing - Come On In!!! - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 11

Everything Fishing - Come On In!!!

Page 11 of 16 First ... 6910111213 ... Last
  1. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Welcome aboard! This helped me keep my sanity on third shift last year

Here are some pix. I've been out three times since Thursday, but I didn't take any pix that day. Sorry, the last one is blurry and and a really bad angle. I was trying to get it back in the water, ASAP.

Thursday:
    11-10-11 LK Summit CrnkBt.jpg

This Evening:
    11-14-11 Lk Summit CrnkBt.jpg
    11-14-11 Lk Summit CrnkBt 2.jpg
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  222 lbs.

Nice largemouth!!!!
    I love fishing and i saw this thread and i had to come in here, i love fishing, and always have. I have fished for just about everything (freshwater), muskies are my favorite fish to fish for. I will see if i can find some pictures of me with some fish, i know i have them somewhere!
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I fished as a kid and then didn't fish for about 15 years. I just got back into it a year ago and I'm starting to find my zone

Muskie look really fun to go after.
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    That's a nice freaking fish! I didn't know Rainbows got that big

Went out Friday and caught three LargeMouth and went out today after work for maybe an hour. I caught two laregmouth and lost what looked like one somewhere around a poundish. It broke the water and tried to jump, so I got to see it. I'm not sure how I lost it, though. It managed to throw the hook while below the surface. Oh well, still had fun.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to stxnas again
    I have never seen one that big before,myself.Makes me wish I would have fought through the flu and went fishing anyway.On an ultralite and 4lb test I probably would have fought that monster trout for an hour.Definitely going this weekend.
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.

Welcome aboard! This helped me keep my sanity on third shift last year

Here are some pix. I've been out three times since Thursday, but I didn't take any pix that day. Sorry, the last one is blurry and and a really bad angle. I was trying to get it back in the water, ASAP.

Thursday:
    11-10-11 LK Summit CrnkBt.jpg

This Evening:
    11-14-11 Lk Summit CrnkBt.jpg
    11-14-11 Lk Summit CrnkBt 2.jpg
    Those are some pretty bass.Finally made it trout fishing late yesterday.Took me almost until dark to find a hole.Caught 3 rainbows that went about 1lb each and a catfish that went about 2.Flu bug hit me about half way home and it was a miserable ride but overall an enjoyable day.It had been so many years since I had been trout fishing,forgot how much fight they have in them.
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

The water that I've been fishing is really clean. From my experiences, that really makes a difference in how the fish look.

Take a day off and get well!
  7. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

The water that I've been fishing is really clean. From my experiences, that really makes a difference in how the fish look.

Take a day off and get well!

AWWWW hell ... this is what I like to see... now I get the red highlights. And next we off to a fish off! I am going to hafta find/upload some recents... like the almost 20lbs grass carb I caught on bread with my kids. I was using a med/light reel ..... this damn thing took off and my drag started screeeeeaaaaammmmin.... Kids really got a kick out of it and the fight was about as good as a pond can get!
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

Conagher has a really good dough bait recipe. Maybe he'll post it openly for all of us to refer back to
  9. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Hope this worked

10. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

I fish for catfish in the off season, but I have never caught a carp. I bet that was REALLY fun to pull in. I fish with a 6'6" Medium Action Ugly Stik. It bends in half with a strong five pounder, I can't imagine what that carp would do to it
  11. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.

It was just for fun with the kids... it is getting cooler and the Speck will be hittin here soon.... lets see if I can find that pic from last year.

speck.jpg
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

That's a good looking Speck. I caught one a few weeks ago. None since. I've been using a few different Speckk baits but I've been pulling in LMB on them,lol.
  13. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.

Conagher has a really good dough bait recipe. Maybe he'll post it openly for all of us to refer back to
    I am going to try it on the trout and see if it works as well on trout as it did on the bluegills and catfish.I tweaked it with some garlic as I heard trout go crazy over the smell of garlic.
  14. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Budman7811 View Post
    Carp are a lot of fun to catch.Like Nathan said,I have a good homemade recipe that is guaranteed to catch blugills,catfish,carp and occasionally bass.PM me if you are interested.It is cheap but effective.
  15. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.

I just use small minnows catch everything from bluegill, LMB, speck and sometimes turtles. I need to get on some more fishing here soon, its been challenging because my two year old wants to fish too because daddy and sissy are... and keeping up with her is impossible. I need to plan for some friend sof mine to come over and just sit on the bank..thant way we can catch some food! I throw everything freshwater back in, salt I keep... except the shark cause I am not sure which ones are edible. I havent been to the beach to fish in months... I just utilize the pond accrss from the house... keeps me content with fishing for a min or two and its alot closer
  16. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

I throw everything back too. I let my buddies keep my Speck, though. I live up the street from a chain of lakes. I can be out the door, hook up the boat, and be in the water in probably 20 minutes or fewer.
  17. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.

I throw everything back too. I let my buddies keep my Speck, though. I live up the street from a chain of lakes. I can be out the door, hook up the boat, and be in the water in probably 20 minutes or fewer.
    BOAT? ha I haven't been in a boat in almost a year...unless you consider my neighbors paddleboat my and my daughter go on. My co-worker has a pontoonboat that we took out last year on the st. johns and basically windy and cold, only thing we caught was two little i mean litte bass and a two pound shad. i havent had much success boating in a while.. my buddy and I couple years back did a church bass tourny and came in second.. won our entry fee plus 40 bucks.. basically free day for the oth of us and we kept after bait,food and drink about 5 bucks profit...but great times!

I would hit you up but ... well I don't know you well enough and there would be alot of akward moments of not talking... wait men dont talk and fish...
  18. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

LOL.

That was a funny post. My boat is REALLY small. It has a 500 pound max, including all equipment, motor, safety devices, etc. Supposedly it's a three man boat, but I disagree considering the 500 pound max
  19. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.

I think I am going to get some little minnows this weekend and sit out by the lake/pond...I throw a cast net out sometimes and catch little brim and random minnows, seems to work too. All depends on the weekend though. The wife wants to get the tree and decorate the whole house, thanks to the neighbor we got a huge trashbag full of lights...yay for me...now where is that staple gun.... I am starting a new thread... this is funny Christmas decorating and matching sweaters... did she make you do it?
  20. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Budman7811 View Post
    I think I am going to get some little minnows this weekend and sit out by the lake/pond...I throw a cast net out sometimes and catch little brim and random minnows, seems to work too. All depends on the weekend though. The wife wants to get the tree and decorate the whole house, thanks to the neighbor we got a huge trashbag full of lights...yay for me...now where is that staple gun.... I am starting a new thread... this is funny Christmas decorating and matching sweaters... did she make you do it?
    Makes me glad I am not married.Have been catching a lot of trout.Me and a friend are going back Friday.Nothing more peaceful than standing in the middle of a stream trout fishing.
  21. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

Kind of an awkward picture. I had a hard time getting him out of the net b/c the crankbait was really stuck good and I wanted to get the fish back in the water, ASAP.

First cast of the day and my wife's first time out on the boat. She actually landed it for me

2011-11-23 16.30.47 lk summit.jpg
  22. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.

Kind of an awkward picture. I had a hard time getting him out of the net b/c the crankbait was really stuck good and I wanted to get the fish back in the water, ASAP.

First cast of the day and my wife's first time out on the boat. She actually landed it for me

2011-11-23 16.30.47 lk summit.jpg
    Nice!Taking a couple of my nephews trout fishing tomorrow.Will post pics of whatever they catch.
  23. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

Took the boat out this evening while my wife napped and I really regretted it. The weather got pretty nasty while I was out there. I didn't even get a hit. I was due for a day like today. Can't win them all.

...can't wait to see some trout, though
  24. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.

Haven't done any fishing yet this week end. However I did get a $50 gift card to bass pro shops and well Santa is there so I can get the pictures with the kids and pick up my dehydrator I want... an have a lil left over for some hot sauce! HELL YEAH!
  25. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.

Took the boat out this evening while my wife napped and I really regretted it. The weather got pretty nasty while I was out there. I didn't even get a hit. I was due for a day like today. Can't win them all.

...can't wait to see some trout, though
    Struck out,also.I only took 2 rods,1 each for the kids.I knew I would be too busy trying to teach them how to trout fish.They got several bites but they could not get used to how quickly trout bite then release when they feel the tug of the line.I made a couple of casts so I could at least show them what a rainbow looks like.Hooked a nice one on my second cast.I fought it for a few minutes before I inadvertantly pulled the quick release.I was fishing upstream while they were facing down stream.They never even noticed I had hooked one and I could not get their attention over the noise of the waterfall we were fishing.It broke my line just as I was getting ready to net it,so they never even got to see
    it.
    We will try again next weekend.I am going to go 1 size larger on the hooks this time,maybe that will increase their chances of landing a few.I am going to break out my fly rod and see if I can even still cast it after all these years.
  26. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

I've never tried fly fishing.
  27. Ω Omega Sports Ω

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I need to get my butt out there before it gets too cold. I am not one for Ice Fishing...
    Omega Sports Representative
    The Omega Vision Honor. Integrity. Trust.
  28. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.

Fly fishing is definitely an aquired taste, tried long time ago but it never caught on. Now Ice fishing is something I have yet to try but have seen much on tv.... it is something!
  29. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.

I love watching a trout rise on a fly.It is somewhat like a blackbass striking a topwater.It is a lot of work sometimes to get your fly exactly where you want it,but when your technique is on it can be quite rewarding.
  30. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.

I enjoy watching Jose wiejbe(sp?) floy fishing for bone fish. Those look like some serious fighters! I remember as akid fishing for trout in northern Georgia... using just corn and sometimes a lil' rooster tail.
  31. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

Bone fish fishing definitely looks fun.
  32. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.

Been catching a lot of trout.An old man on the river named Al taught me a new way to fish for them.Success rate has been remarkable.Forgot to take my digital camera but will post pics of the next outing.Last outing I shared several yards of the trail with a bobcat before he disappeared into the brush.Would have liked to have gotten a photo of it.
  33. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

That's crazy. I thought they were agressive. Was it just keeping an eye on you?
  34. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.

wife is going to pick up some minnows for me and the youngen. Gotta wait til she gets back from the gym, only picking up a dozen little ones... if we dont catch anything I will feed the rest to my Oscar "lava girl"...
  35. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

Gils and Speck FTW!
  36. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.

Ehhh sucked... wind in the face couldn't get the minnows out far enough and when I did it would just blow back in. I left the minnows in the bucket and grabbed an old fish aireator maybe they will stay alive til next week end... its cool enough it might just work. I am still gonna give my Oscar a little snack!
  37. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.

That's crazy. I thought they were agressive. Was it just keeping an eye on you?
    It was surreal,Nathan.It never once looked at me.It just kept a steady pace about 15 yards in front of me.Needless to say,when I got to the spot where it disappeared into the brush,I looked hard to locate it,fearing it was going to ambush me.Could not see it anymore.Looked over my shoulder constantly until I reached the truck,as I have heard wild cats like to strike from behind.
    This one was small compared to the one I came across at Lake McGee in September.The one at Lake McGee was stalking a buck trail when I spotted it and it spotted me.It was a very tense few minutes as we had a stare down.Neither one of us moved as it sized me up.Fortunately,after about 5 minutes,it decided to resume it`s pursuit of the buck it was tracking.It was the largest bobcat I have ever seen.I was almost too scared to even breathe.
  38. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

I'm not sure how I would have reacted in a situation like that. It's one thing to be out hunting, but it's another to have something like that come up on you unexpectedly.
  39. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.

I'd be thinking of a bobcat skin hat! hahahaha

I was driving down the road the other day and saw a family of wild hogs all pretty young but damn ... I wanted to swerve off the road and get me one for some smokin action!
  40. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

that reminds me I need to go renew my concealed carry permit I used to carry a 357 when i'd go fishing or canoeing on the Hillsborough River in case an alligator decided to get pissy.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. REAL Helicopter Fishing!!!
    By b unit in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-10-2009, 07:10 PM
  2. Caught 1-1/2 miles off shore while fishing!!!
    By LiftNDestroy in forum General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-14-2007, 04:59 PM
  3. fishing story
    By Beelzebub in forum General Chat
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 01-08-2006, 10:06 PM