Everything Fishing - Come On In!!!

Page 11 of 21 First ... 910111213 ... Last

1. My wife was joking about that at the beach a couple of weeks ago. Hey...wait a minute
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49

2. Never enough

its not like the fish get out and find a toilet to pee either.
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    My wife was joking about that at the beach a couple of weeks ago. Hey...wait a minute
    Lol!I feel for you having two women in the house.Now any time you get into a disagreement with your wife,her sister is going to be there to tagteam against you.One is pretty much a no win situation,two is game over.

4. My buddy said the same thing, lol!

5. Heat has been bad here in Indiana too. I have been wading in creeks and fishing for smallies. Its a good way to cool off after working outside all day.

As for the boat. I would go with anything that floats. Check the regulations at your local lakes to decide what size motor you want. If they have an HP limit then I would just get that. If not, you don't need a huge engine. I would sacrifice on a cheap outboard for a nicer trolling motor. Go down to Bass Pro shops (if there are any close) and look around and see what you like.

I have never owned a boat but have used several in the past. I have been on anything from a small aluminum boat with a 5HP outboard that barely ran to a big fiberglass boat with a 70hp that flew. For me, its not about the flashy components. As long as it floats and runs I am going to be a happy fisherman. It just all comes down to how much you want to spend.

6. Quote Originally Posted by bowhunter28 View Post
    Heat has been bad here in Indiana too. I have been wading in creeks and fishing for smallies. Its a good way to cool off after working outside all day.

Smallies? Are you referring to Smallmouth? I caught a lot of those in Maryland. They're a lot of fun to fish for.
    As for the boat. I would go with anything that floats. Check the regulations at your local lakes to decide what size motor you want. If they have an HP limit then I would just get that. If not, you don't need a huge engine. I would sacrifice on a cheap outboard for a nicer trolling motor. Go down to Bass Pro shops (if there are any close) and look around and see what you like.
    I'm definitely going with a nice trolling motor. As far as Bass Pro Shop goes, there's one about an hour from me. There's rumors going around that they're going to build one literally up the street from my house too!

I have never owned a boat but have used several in the past. I have been on anything from a small aluminum boat with a 5HP outboard that barely ran to a big fiberglass boat with a 70hp that flew. For me, its not about the flashy components. As long as it floats and runs I am going to be a happy fisherman. It just all comes down to how much you want to spend.
    This is my general sentiment as well...BUT...I came home from the gym today and my sister-in-law had moved in. This situation just keeps getting better...seriously though, this just means that I'm going to get something a little nicer for myself. My wife can tell that I'm really pissed, but I'm not showing it. I just keep talking about how I'm getting a boat now

7. That is not a bad situation to be in at all. You just have to make the best out of a difficult situation.

Yeah I am talking about smallmouth. The size are catching are not very big, but they sure do fight like beasts. I have been using ultralight tackle too. So the little 1lbers put up good fights.

8. LOL @ the vid. My wife swears that I'm Hank Hill!
  9. Never enough

Quote Originally Posted by bowhunter28 View Post
    Heat has been bad here in Indiana too. I have been wading in creeks and fishing for smallies. Its a good way to cool off after working outside all day.

My dad had an 18' bass boat with a 125hp motor on it. wheeeee that sucker was fun.
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

10. Me and my youngest nephew caught a mess of cats and bluegills last week.All together they totaled almost 50lbs of fish.Will post up pics in a while.We went yesterday but the game fish were not biting,so we switched over to fishing for carp.Caught about 30.We are going to enter a tournament here in OK in a few weeks.2 man teams.Winning team gets a paid trip to France to participate in a big carp tournamnet over there
    •   

11. I've never been fishing for carp before. What does that entail? I know they can get big, so I'm sure it's fun.

I went to North Carolina last week and was supposed to go for a day of fishing. Let's just say that it didn't happen and leave it at that.

12. Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    I've never been fishing for carp before. What does that entail? I know they can get big, so I'm sure it's fun.

I went to North Carolina last week and was supposed to go for a day of fishing. Let's just say that it didn't happen and leave it at that.
    It was a first for me also.My fishing partner made some homemade dough bait.After about 30 minutes of little luck with the gamefish,we switched over to carp.It was a lot of fun.They actually put up a real good fight.We caught a few in the 10lb range and most of the rest in the 4-5lb range.It takes a while to get your technique down.They are not like game fish,where as you set the hook as soon as they take the bait.You have to wait 3-4 seconds while they kind of suck it in,then gently set the hook on them.You have use a tiny treble hook,will have to check my gear to tell you the exact size.
    I just mixed up two batches of dough baits.One for carp,the other for cats.You have to kind of play with the recipe a little bit to get the right consistency,but the recipe is basically 1 cup flour,1 cup corn meal,1 cup water with some vanilla extract.For the cats,I just replace the water with a can of cream of chicken.
  13. Wink

I asked some of my girlfriends if they wanted to go carp fishing.They just kind of gave me a strange look.

14. LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conagher
    Hey, you want to go carp fishing with me? Maybe I'll catch you a delicious bass too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Chick
    OMG! Is this guy trying to hit on me or is he just being weird?

If that line ever works for you, marry her!

15. Finally got to see Lake Michigan this summer. Anyone ever fish there? The water gets clear down to 20 ft on good days

16. Quote Originally Posted by WKUanimal View Post
    Finally got to see Lake Michigan this summer. Anyone ever fish there? The water gets clear down to 20 ft on good days
    I will ask my fishing partner.I know he has fished all around that area,not sure about Lake Michigan.

17. Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    LOL.

If that line ever works for you, marry her!
    Yeah,that type of girl is a keeper for sure.Actually got one excited about it,but she is married.She is Puluan,so she is game for all kinds of things.Pretty lady and a lot of fun to be around.
  18. Never enough

Quote Originally Posted by Conagher View Post
    I asked some of my girlfriends if they wanted to go carp fishing.They just kind of gave me a strange look.
    should ask if they want to try and catch some coney island whitefish

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...land+whitefish
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

19. Quote Originally Posted by WKUanimal View Post
    Finally got to see Lake Michigan this summer. Anyone ever fish there? The water gets clear down to 20 ft on good days
    I don't remember which lake it was, but I fished one of the Great Lakes when I was on vacation as a kid. I didn't have the appropriate tackle, so I lost a lot of big fish. It was still thrilling to hook into some lunkers though.

On a more serious note, WKUanimal posted this: Friend in very bad condition from motorcycle accident. Need your help!

20. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    should ask if they want to try and catch some coney island whitefish

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...land+whitefish
    Lol!

21. It's related, I promise

I've been fishing a few times over the past four or five weeks, but nothing to brag about...

22. Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    It's related, I promise

I've been fishing a few times over the past four or five weeks, but nothing to brag about...
    Lol!Great video.

23. I had a really irritating fishing experience this evening. I went out about an hour before dark and tried my best for a bass.

Nothing!

I saw one follow my paddle tail up to the shore, but it never bit. I was using a beetle spin for a while too. I had an odd encounter with it as well. I saw a fish hit the spinner instead of the bait, lol. This was the first time I tried a gold spinner. Maybe that's just a coincidence though.

24. Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    I had a really irritating fishing experience this evening. I went out about an hour before dark and tried my best for a bass.

Nothing!

I saw one follow my paddle tail up to the shore, but it never bit. I was using a beetle spin for a while too. I had an odd encounter with it as well. I saw a fish hit the spinner instead of the bait, lol. This was the first time I tried a gold spinner. Maybe that's just a coincidence though.
    I pretty much stick to live baits and my homemade doughbait anymore.Crawfish work really well for largemouth.We will catch a few hanging out in the rocks while we are bank fishing.Rip the pincers off and hook them through the tail.Hope you got my pm before you go fishing tomorrow.We use the same setup everytime,but occasionally switch the baits depending on what we want to catch on any given day.

25. I couldn't get anybody to go with me this morning and didn't feel like going by myself, lol.

I can't remember the last time I used live bait. I was thinking about picking up some minnows this morning though. I know a small lake that has crappie in it and I was going to float a minnow while working some new jigs that I picked up.

26. Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    I couldn't get anybody to go with me this morning and didn't feel like going by myself, lol.

I can't remember the last time I used live bait. I was thinking about picking up some minnows this morning though. I know a small lake that has crappie in it and I was going to float a minnow while working some new jigs that I picked up.
    I caught one big crappie in the spring and have not caught a single one since.We are catching everything except crappie.Not sure why.

27. We catch them more in the cold weather. They're probably out in deeper/colder water than what you're fishing.

Do you know your bag limit for Crappie there? We're allowed 25. I went out and bought a bunch of jig heads and a huge mix of plastics to go with them. I can't wait for them to start hitting again.

28. Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    We catch them more in the cold weather. They're probably out in deeper/colder water than what you're fishing.

Do you know your bag limit for Crappie there? We're allowed 25. I went out and bought a bunch of jig heads and a huge mix of plastics to go with them. I can't wait for them to start hitting again.
    I think the limit varies from lake to lake.I stopped by and took a look at Lake Duncan,a few miles from our favorite fishing hole.The sign said a limit of 20.I think your right about the weather.We cannot get deep enough from the shore,so we will probably have to wait until mid-September to start catching them.A friend gave me his Bayliner.It has a strong motor but needs a lot of fiberglass work on the inside.Will start working on it in a couple of weeks.Will probably be next spring until I have it lake ready.

29. I'm trying to hold out and find a good deal. I'm about to give in and just pick up a new jon boat though.

30. Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    I'm trying to hold out and find a good deal. I'm about to give in and just pick up a new jon boat though.
    Nothing wrong with a good jon boat.Lightweight and easy to transport.

Similar Forum Threads

1. REAL Helicopter Fishing!!!
    By b unit in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-10-2009, 09:10 PM
  2. Caught 1-1/2 miles off shore while fishing!!!
    By LiftNDestroy in forum General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-14-2007, 06:59 PM
  3. fishing story
    By Beelzebub in forum General Chat
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 01-09-2006, 12:06 AM