Everything Fishing - Come On In!!!

Page 11 of 25 First ... 910111213 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by bowhunter28 View Post
    That little thing is awesome. Would look good in a fish tank. I went bass fishing as well today. Caught two about 2lbers in about a 30 minute window between t-storms this afternoon.

On a side note: Catfishing is my favorite as well. Favorite to eat too.
    Awesome! Four plus pounds in under an hour wold have me happy for the week, lol.

That little bass will grow up to be a lunker. I kept seeing minnows jumping out of the water all around me. One eventually bellied up next to me, so I pulled out a chrome crankbait that was about the same size.

The first cast really confused me b/c something hit it hard enough to pop the crankbait out of the water. I was surprised that something was able to hit it without being hooked. Naturally, I threw right back out. I would have loved to of seen my face when that little guy jumped out of the water in an attempt to throw the crankbait
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49

2. Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    I have an ultra light that I use typically use for panfish. I absolutely love fishing for catfish. They always seem to put up a great fight.

I went bass fishing after work and hit up a lake that is locally known for it's Speck/Crappie. I caught a Largemouth on a crankbait, but it wasn't exactly a keeper. I took a picture for ****s and giggles
    Lol!There is a small lake about an hour from home where I catch little bass like that all day.About the only time I go there is when I take my nephews with me.It is easily accessible from the bank and they are guaranteed to catch something.
    •   

3. I have a spot like that too, but it's panfish, not bass.

That picture doesn't do it justice. It had beautiful markings on it's face/gill plates. I don't think I've ever caught a bass that small before. I'm oddly proud of that, lol.

4. Quote Originally Posted by bowhunter28 View Post
    That little thing is awesome. Would look good in a fish tank. I went bass fishing as well today. Caught two about 2lbers in about a 30 minute window between t-storms this afternoon.

On a side note: Catfishing is my favorite as well. Favorite to eat too.
    Cats are my favorite to eat also.My fishing partner won`t even touch them.When he hooks one I have to take it off the line for him.
    He was a fishing guide in Costa Rica for 10 years.Not sure what his issue with catfish is.

5. Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    I have a spot like that too, but it's panfish, not bass.

That picture doesn't do it justice. It had beautiful markings on it's face/gill plates. I don't think I've ever caught a bass that small before. I'm oddly proud of that, lol.
    I felt the same odd proudness when I hooked the small largemouths at this city lake.I just found it this spring,and like you,I can`t recall ever hooking any that small before.
    •   

6. Thanks for the mono recommendation STNAS

Switched over and could tell a big difference.Caught 20 small gills out of a small pond down in Little Dixie yesterday.None of them keepers.All the commotion caught the attention of a good sized water moccasin,which came blazing across the pond after I had caught a few.Even with snakeboots,got tired of keeping an eye out for him and my bobber at the same time.
    Since I wasn`t catching any keepers,I let the mocassin have his feeding hole.
    On the way back home today,I stopped by my favorite lake and caught 18 good sized panfish in about 45 minutes.Will upload a photo in a few minutes.

7. Picture0003.jpg

Would have played them out longer but had to get back home.

8. Thats a good day of fishing. Way to go man.

9. Looks like a lot of lean protein to me

Now you have me wishing that I went fishing instead of going to the gym tonight, lol.

I was talking to a co-worker about braided vs mono. He said that the braided is very sensitive, but he has more issues with it fraying...not to mention that it's more expensive.

10. For regular bass fishing and lightweight fishing I stick to mono. Save the braided for the big boys like giant cats, muskie, pike, and offshore.

11. Quote Originally Posted by bowhunter28 View Post
    Thats a good day of fishing. Way to go man.
    I was amazed at how quickly they struck the bait.Only had them strike that quickly at that rate a couple of other times.

12. Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    Looks like a lot of lean protein to me

Now you have me wishing that I went fishing instead of going to the gym tonight, lol.

I was talking to a co-worker about braided vs mono. He said that the braided is very sensitive, but he has more issues with it fraying...not to mention that it's more expensive.
    I used it years ago but was never all that impressed with it either.My fishing partner keeps harping on it,though.

13. Quote Originally Posted by bowhunter28 View Post
    For regular bass fishing and lightweight fishing I stick to mono. Save the braided for the big boys like giant cats, muskie, pike, and offshore.
    Agreed.The only time I used braided was when I went with my uncle to his favorite fishing whole.It was a bend in a creek and you had to walk about a mile to get to it.
    It was full of fallen trees and big cats.About the only chance you had of pulling them out of all the timber was to use braided.

14. The local golf course has a 4 acre pond. The baby ducks kept disappearing so one of the employees went fishing last Tuesday (closed on TUesdays) and caught an 11lb large mouth.
    Taste the rainbow.

15. Quote Originally Posted by bluehealer View Post
    The local golf course has a 4 acre pond. The baby ducks kept disappearing so one of the employees went fishing last Tuesday (closed on TUesdays) and caught an 11lb large mouth.
    Damn thats a good bass. Idk if they would eat ducks though. I would look for snakes or snapping turtles.

16. Quote Originally Posted by bluehealer View Post
    The local golf course has a 4 acre pond. The baby ducks kept disappearing so one of the employees went fishing last Tuesday (closed on TUesdays) and caught an 11lb large mouth.
    That is a big bass!

17. Quote Originally Posted by bowhunter28 View Post
    Damn thats a good bass. Idk if they would eat ducks though. I would look for snakes or snapping turtles.
    They definitely eat baby ducks. Somebody at work was recently talking about going to the local feed store to purchase ducklings for bass fishing.

...I couldn't do that.

18. Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    They definitely eat baby ducks. Somebody at work was recently talking about going to the local feed store to purchase ducklings for bass fishing.

...I couldn't do that.
    Wow I never knew that. And definitely never heard of using ducklings as bait. My gf would tan my hide if I ever did that.

19. That's why he went fishing there. Some one was watching the ducks and saw something BIG snatch one of the babies.
    Taste the rainbow.

20. I woke up early thins morning, but I just didn't have the drive to get out of the house this morning. I think I might try and go fishing this afternoon though.

I haven't gone out for panfish in a while, so I think I might try that this afternoon/evening. I doubt I go this weekend. Florida is allowing people to fish this weekend even if they don't have a license. I'm sure all my usual spots will be overcrowded

21. Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    I woke up early thins morning, but I just didn't have the drive to get out of the house this morning. I think I might try and go fishing this afternoon though.

I haven't gone out for panfish in a while, so I think I might try that this afternoon/evening. I doubt I go this weekend. Florida is allowing people to fish this weekend even if they don't have a license. I'm sure all my usual spots will be overcrowded
    Yeah,this is why I prefer a job that allows me to work weekends and have the middle of the week off.I took my youngest nephew to my honeyhole.He caught 10 gills in 30 minutes,one of them being the biggest bluegill I have ever seen.
    Could not stay long,as I had to be in Fort Worth later in the afternoon.
    The moccassins are getting really aggresive this time of the year.I had to keep them at bay with rocks while he fished.

22. I chose the gym over fishing again yesterday evening. I don't think I'm going to make it out this week b/c I work the weekends. Oh well. There's always next week.

23. Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    I chose the gym over fishing again yesterday evening. I don't think I'm going to make it out this week b/c I work the weekends. Oh well. There's always next week.
    I spend too much time away from the gym these days.Got real sick last summer and lost 40lbs.Got discouraged and gave up lifting for awhile.

24. You'll fall back in with it and will likely make pretty good progress at first. 40 pounds is a lot to lose though! I take it you're feeling better now.

I was in and out for years due to back issues, illnesses, and then working the graveyard shift 50+ hours a week. I've been back it very consistently since January. So far I've lost 15 pounds and then slowly gained back about 8-ish pounds of mostly lean mass.

25. Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    You'll fall back in with it and will likely make pretty good progress at first. 40 pounds is a lot to lose though! I take it you're feeling better now.

I was in and out for years due to back issues, illnesses, and then working the graveyard shift 50+ hours a week. I've been back it very consistently since January. So far I've lost 15 pounds and then slowly gained back about 8-ish pounds of mostly lean mass.
    Yep,feeling much better now.Have gained back 15lbs of it,but still far from where I was.
    It was due to a bleeding ulcer caused by the stress of working 12hrs a day,7 days a week for an exfriends exgirlfriend.Turned out to be two of the worst people who ever entered my life.Cannot believe I once called these people family.
    Anyway,enough of that,it is ancient history.Back to fishing.I will upload a picture of my nephew`s stringer of fish.He is only 12,but he is already a better fisherman than me.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. REAL Helicopter Fishing!!!
    By b unit in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-10-2009, 09:10 PM
  2. Caught 1-1/2 miles off shore while fishing!!!
    By LiftNDestroy in forum General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-14-2007, 06:59 PM
  3. fishing story
    By Beelzebub in forum General Chat
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 01-09-2006, 12:06 AM