If someone left you a large life insurance policy

Conagher

Conagher

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Would you forgive them for the hateful things they did that hurt you?

allenzo

Awards
You should forgive regardless.

But the money would help mend the wounds

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I have forgiven alot of things, mainly because to hold onto that anger and stress only destroys you!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Deoends on the seriousness and if they were truly repentent.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
depends how bad they were. i've forgiven people for things i thought i could never get over. its life, you live and learn

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have forgiven alot of things, mainly because to hold onto that anger and stress only destroys you!
Deoends on the seriousness and if they were truly repentent.
Hey! Long time no see!! Hope you're both well!

Back on topic... Personally, money wouldn't mean anything. It's a nice gesture, and if you know the motives of WHY you were left a load of 'compensation', then maybe it could help the healing process. I'm a "live and let die" kinda person - offend me enough and you're dead to me. I don't sweat it, I don't worry about it, I just let it go and be out of my life. It's tough, but I did that with a best friend who was simply 'bad for me'.

If the money was left as "atonement", then take it and do what you will with it. It's how you treat yourself that matters now.

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Would you forgive them for the hateful things they did that hurt you?
there are alot more factors to add to this question first before I would be able to give a complete indepth answer .however based on what info you have given in this question.the answer would be no.the reason being just because they give you a huge amount of money doesn't/shouldn't change things.

Conagher

Conagher

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey! Long time no see!! Hope you're both well!

Back on topic... Personally, money wouldn't mean anything. It's a nice gesture, and if you know the motives of WHY you were left a load of 'compensation', then maybe it could help the healing process. I'm a "live and let die" kinda person - offend me enough and you're dead to me. I don't sweat it, I don't worry about it, I just let it go and be out of my life. It's tough, but I did that with a best friend who was simply 'bad for me'.

If the money was left as "atonement", then take it and do what you will with it. It's how you treat yourself that matters now.
These are my feelings,also.My family and frinds thinks I am a horrible person,but I have been burnt to many times.I have no forgiveness left.The money just means I am semiretired now,but it does not make up for the hurt the individual caused me.Money has never meant that much to me anyway.
The one area where are philosophies differ is that if you are a friend and you offend me enough,I am not content to let it go and let "God" deal with it,I actively seek retribution.
Maybe that makes me a petty person,but I have been betrayed to many times.

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
These are my feelings,also.My family and frinds thinks I am a horrible person,but I have been burnt to many times.I have no forgiveness left.The money just means I am semiretired now,but it does not make up for the hurt the individual caused me.Money has never meant that much to me anyway.
The one area where are philosophies differ is that if you are a friend and you offend me enough,I am not content to let it go and let "God" deal with it,I actively seek retribution.
Maybe that makes me a petty person,but I have been betrayed to many times.
I can see your point and understand your feelings completely.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I can see your point and understand your feelings completely.
Likewise.

Where we differ is not so much in how we act after being offended, but our belief structure. I'm openly an atheist, so I don't believe in any sort of deity or fate to take revenge on someone in my stead. Oddly enough, I am very slowly becoming a slight believer in the idea of "karma". It's proven me right a lot of times. For example, every girl that has ever broken up with me almost immediately grew a fat butt. No kidding, and no exaggeration here. Within months, they gained weight and it all went around back. Whether that's fate, divine intervention, karma, or just plain coincidence, I'll take it as it is. I don't pay people like that any mind when they leave my life. New people are always coming in to mine, and I always do what I can to make sure that they are happy. It's just the way that I am.

I understand having a "black heart" when it comes to being burned one too many times, and I wouldn't hold it against you. Perhaps things will change with time. They say it heals all wounds, but I don't really see that as the case. Life's too short and there's way too much to do to worry about those who have spurned you. Roll with the punches and do what you need to do to take care of those that you still care about.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i can forgive, i just can't forget.....unless it involved a family member, then ppl become dead to me

Conagher

Conagher

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Likewise.

Where we differ is not so much in how we act after being offended, but our belief structure. I'm openly an atheist, so I don't believe in any sort of deity or fate to take revenge on someone in my stead. Oddly enough, I am very slowly becoming a slight believer in the idea of "karma". It's proven me right a lot of times. For example, every girl that has ever broken up with me almost immediately grew a fat butt. No kidding, and no exaggeration here. Within months, they gained weight and it all went around back. Whether that's fate, divine intervention, karma, or just plain coincidence, I'll take it as it is. I don't pay people like that any mind when they leave my life. New people are always coming in to mine, and I always do what I can to make sure that they are happy. It's just the way that I am.

I understand having a "black heart" when it comes to being burned one too many times, and I wouldn't hold it against you. Perhaps things will change with time. They say it heals all wounds, but I don't really see that as the case. Life's too short and there's way too much to do to worry about those who have spurned you. Roll with the punches and do what you need to do to take care of those that you still care about.
Somewhere deep down inside I feel guilty that I have little forgiveness in me anymore,just can`t seem to genuinely feel it.

Conagher

Conagher

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Where would you draw the line at forgiveness?At what point could a person hurt you that you could not find it in your heart to forgive?

CCV3

CCV3

Awards
  • Established
No

Money can't buy my forgiveness.