Arnold Quote, funny read

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
This Quote by Arnold Schwarzenegger is from 1975

" I finally arrived at the idea of shocking the muscles. So once a week I took a training partner and drove out into the country with the weights. We limited ourselves to one exercise for a particular body part. I remember for the first day we carried 250 pounds into the forest and did squats for two hours straight. I began by doing 20 repetitions with 250 pounds; then my partner did whatever he could. Then it was my turn again. We ended up doing something like 55 sets of squats each. The last hour seemed endless. But it worked. Our thighs pumped up like balloons. That first day we gave our thigh muscles such a shock that we couldn't walk right for a week and each of us put something like an eighth or a quarter of an inch on our thighs; they just blew up. They had no chance to survive except to grow. We made it a regular thing. We brought girls out there to cook. We made a fire outdoors and turned the whole thing into a little contest. We worked hard, but we had a good time. After the muscle-shocking sessions, we drank wine and beer and got drunk and carried on like the old-time weightlifters sometimes it be came pure insanity. "

nothing like 55 sets of squats followed by binge drinking to get those muscles growing... um.... yeah...

pudgy

Awards
that sounds like lunacy if your thinking body building , but try saying , hey girl lets go drive out to the woods and camp , its for my training , i just want you to cook i promise. :D

WYD02

Awards
  • Established
even though 55 sets is rediculous.... I love this quote from the book....

Think about it...

Nature, Pumping Iron, Beer, Girls, and a shitload of meat...... I don't think it gets any better than that!! 

WYD

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
personally I think Arnold is a badass, if not for his perfect training ideas, for the fact that he actually did completely crazy **** every day all day long and maintained a crazy body for his time. hey, take some drugs, smoke a little, drink a lot, lift everything in sight all day long lol. people just focus so much more on efficiency and effectiveness in their training now, that reading things like that can be refreshing.

Sheesh

Awards
  • Established
That's an awesome quote. Most people here would say that 55 sets of squats is crazy, and yes it is. But still, Arnold's physique was a beautiful thing (well, not as beautiful as say, my avatar :D ). Alot of it was genetics. I mean when he started liftin', he added size to his arms to the tune of a 1/2 inch per month. Everyone here would kill for that kind of growth. However, not all of it was genetics. He still had to work hard, and I guess if this helped him, then why not?

WYD02

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by Sheesh
That's an awesome quote. Most people here would say that 55 sets of squats is crazy, and yes it is. But still, Arnold's physique was a beautiful thing (well, not as beautiful as say, my avatar :D ). Alot of it was genetics. I mean when he started liftin', he added size to his arms to the tune of a 1/2 inch per month. Everyone here would kill for that kind of growth. However, not all of it was genetics. He still had to work hard, and I guess if this helped him, then why not?

Agreed, I don't think anyone can doubt that the man had superior genetics only found in few individuals.  You know, it didn't hurt that he was popping dbol like candy either haha :)

labrad

Awards
  • Established
Pesronally, never believed this story by Arnold. But it's still funny as hell.

DarCSA

Awards
Totally awesome quote. I think it would be one hell of a time out in the woods doing that and drinking beer and cooking out with the ladies. 55 is totally insane but he is the man. I know he has great genetics. That is a much better quote than him repeating cuming every other word in that scene in Pumping Iron.

WYD02

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by DarCSA
Totally awesome quote. I think it would be one hell of a time out in the woods doing that and drinking beer and cooking out with the ladies. 55 is totally insane but he is the man. I know he has great genetics. That is a much better quote than him repeating cuming every other word in that scene in Pumping Iron.

LOLOL!! I love that part... you can tell he is completely BAKED when he shot that scene... lol...