SilentBob's (no-drama) chatroom

Page 5 of 176 First ... 34567 ... Last

  1. I remember those Tim, but I never watched them myself. Not a fan of the gore videos.

    I DO remember that I did like the cover art for the tapes though. That's right you youngins, stuff used to come on VHS!
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!


  2. Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob187 View Post
    I remember those Tim, but I never watched them myself. Not a fan of the gore videos.

    I DO remember that I did like the cover art for the tapes though. That's right you youngins, stuff used to come on VHS!
    Youngins?!?!? You're still in your 20s, man!

    Some of the stuff on those "tapes" was just comical, but some was really sick. Seeing someone drawn n quartered wasn't nearly as bad as the mini-doc of the asian family going to the pet store, bringing home a few very cute pups, letting the kids play with them, then ... well let's just say getting the dishes ready for dinner. Yeah, it's cultural and all that, and yes, it's meat, and yes, if offered I'd probably try it, but to let the kids play with 'em first and be all cutesie??? C'mon...that's just cruel. That got me sick.
    -RecoverBro Zombie Specialist and Paracord Wrangler
    -Independent due to lies that hurt my family. Loyal to myself and my Bro's.
    •   
       


  3. Spartans were a warrior society unmatched in history... the society was not maintainable because of the level of sacrifice for the leading citizens to endure. It's remarkable that it came about in the first place. Weapons aside the Spartan man himself was the ultimate warrior. I don't think that most Spartan males survived the training which started at age 7 when they were removed from their families for 13 years of the most gruesome basic training imagineable. That even when they passed this test they were allowed no luxuries whatsoever.
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

  4. ^ Wasn't Sparta kind of a 'zoo' of sorts after Greece became a unified state? I think the documentary I was watching said that the civilized Greeks would visit Sparta to see the 'crazy' Spartans and their strict, practically ritual training practices.

    And we've gone full circle back to the documentaries again

    And Tim, you're right. That's just not right. No 'wok the dog' jokes please. Like you though, I wouldn't decline trying it if offered.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!

  5. Time for Hot Dogs?




    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Spartans were a warrior society unmatched in history... the society was not maintainable because of the level of sacrifice for the leading citizens to endure. It's remarkable that it came about in the first place. Weapons aside the Spartan man himself was the ultimate warrior. I don't think that most Spartan males survived the training which started at age 7 when they were removed from their families for 13 years of the most gruesome basic training imagineable. That even when they passed this test they were allowed no luxuries whatsoever.






    -RecoverBro Zombie Specialist and Paracord Wrangler
    -Independent due to lies that hurt my family. Loyal to myself and my Bro's.

  7. Thweet
    NSCA - CSCS

  8. Those General Leonidos pics were epic!
    NSCA - CSCS

  9. Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob187 View Post
    ^ Wasn't Sparta kind of a 'zoo' of sorts after Greece became a unified state? I think the documentary I was watching said that the civilized Greeks would visit Sparta to see the 'crazy' Spartans and their strict, practically ritual training practices.

    And we've gone full circle back to the documentaries again

    And Tim, you're right. That's just not right. No 'wok the dog' jokes please. Like you though, I wouldn't decline trying it if offered.
    Sparta conqured Athens the the Peloponesion Wars hed a garrision there for 50 years but that was their downfall, exposure to worldly extravagance made them soft and the sacrifices they made to be who they were began to look less attractive, Athens rebelled.. and were successful. Corinth who were also Dorian Greeks become the dominant power in Greece but not to long after that Greece was invaded by Phillip of Macedon and you know what happened next. Funny thing was Macedonia conquered Greece but the influence of Greek culture conquered the Macedonians, Alexander learned most of what he knew from them...
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

  10. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Sparta conqured Athens the the Peloponesion Wars hed a garrision there for 50 years but that was their downfall, exposure to worldly extravagance made them soft and the sacrifices they made to be who they were began to look less attractive, Athens rebelled.. and were successful. Corinth who were also Dorian Greeks become the dominant power in Greece but not to long after that Greece was invaded by Phillip of Macedon and you know what happened next. Funny thing was Macedonia conquered Greece but the influence of Greek culture conquered the Macedonians, Alexander learned most of what he knew from them...
    that was awesome.
    NSCA - CSCS

  11. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Sparta conqured Athens the the Peloponesion Wars hed a garrision there for 50 years but that was their downfall, exposure to worldly extravagance made them soft and the sacrifices they made to be who they were began to look less attractive, Athens rebelled.. and were successful. Corinth who were also Dorian Greeks become the dominant power in Greece but not to long after that Greece was invaded by Phillip of Macedon and you know what happened next. Funny thing was Macedonia conquered Greece but the influence of Greek culture conquered the Macedonians, Alexander learned most of what he knew from them...

    [img]http://c2.api.ning.com/files/dyDx7B*tk0V5MjZQSMxyZECFnv1OPW MFSOeOZLjB608zq2OTMgHlsCZnma6* l2tWQeVYGOfwqZtNCnBfTROLLTXfIG cMwkfb/sparta.jpg[/img]






    -RecoverBro Zombie Specialist and Paracord Wrangler
    -Independent due to lies that hurt my family. Loyal to myself and my Bro's.

  12. Great things never last long it seems.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by AtlasEnduring View Post
    Great things never last long it seems.
    That's what makes them great. Otherwise they would be everyday and mundane.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!

  14. This place needs Silent Library.

    NSCA - CSCS

  15. Quote Originally Posted by CTDeuce View Post
    yup...a peep show

    hahahaha-good one!!!


    for some reason i am craving chicken!!!!
    GOD, FAMILY, COUNTRY!!!

  16. I love chicken

  17. Quote Originally Posted by HankMcCoy View Post
    I love chicken
    Yo amo el Poyo!


    (did I do that right?)

  18. Quote Originally Posted by HereToStudy View Post
    Didn't spike do ultimate warrior? I liked that show. Some badass weapons.
    ?!?!?!?!
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative/Sponsored Athlete
    www.millenniumsport.net

  19. Old Man Bites Tenderly 'Peeps' from earlier.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!

  20. Quote Originally Posted by CTDeuce View Post
    yup...a peep show

    Eh...she's ok...I have something better to look at up close and personal every night for the rest of my life though until death do us part. LOL.

    Cheers!
    "Never trust a b*tch because b*tches be crazy, now get out there and go crush some P***Y!" - Jerry Stiller.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by SamBoz19 View Post
    Eh...she's ok...I have something better to look at up close and personal every night for the rest of my life though until death do us part. LOL.

    Cheers!
    thanks for sharing!!!
    GOD, FAMILY, COUNTRY!!!

  22. Ok, to stick in theme here...
















    Enjoy the laughs!

    Cheers
    "Never trust a b*tch because b*tches be crazy, now get out there and go crush some P***Y!" - Jerry Stiller.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    thanks for sharing!!!
    Anytime.

    Cheers!
    "Never trust a b*tch because b*tches be crazy, now get out there and go crush some P***Y!" - Jerry Stiller.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by SamBoz19 View Post
    Ok, to stick in theme here...
















    Enjoy the laughs!

    Cheers
    omg lol that bottom one with the pistol

  25. Quote Originally Posted by CTDeuce View Post
    ?!?!?!?!
    Damn, you are right. I meant Deadliest Warrior.

    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. No more drama!!
    By Gtarzan81 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 07-28-2008, 12:17 AM
  2. Trips (non drama) chatroom
    By TripDog in forum General Chat
    Replies: 508
    Last Post: 01-16-2008, 05:21 PM
  3. Anyone having chatroom problems?
    By DarCSA in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-27-2003, 10:32 PM
Log in
Log in