Planet p****y

  1. Advanced Member
    hugry4more's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  169 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    544
    Rep Power
    916
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    42.38%

    Planet p****y


    I just wanted to say tonight i was reminded how much i hate Planet Fitness aka planet puss.. Couple friends go there so i figured for once i would join them. First the db only go up to 60lb, no curl bar, no bench press, squat rack...who you kidding lol. I go straight to the 60 for incline press when i'm done i drop the weights not throw them maybe 3 in from the ground..they give me the ridicules lunk alarm siren..this goes on for the next 2 sets!! Then some lil employe pune comes up and says the siren is going off cuz your dropping the weights please stop..give me a freaking break dude...no grunting, no judging. What happened to unleashing your inner animal, what happen to making manly noises as you bang out those last to reps. What happened to the sounds that make up a gym.... weight klunking, grunts..light weight buddies!! What happened to pushing your body to the limit past 60lbs!!! I feel like planet puss is trying to turn men into pooh nans. thats just me, and i'm pissed bout it. Yea its only ten bucks but would you spend 10 on your protein... would you buy cheap food just cuz its cheap...so then why are so many going to this cheap judgement free gym aka result free gym. i just don't get it

  2. New Member
    hugerobb's Avatar
    Stats
    6'6"  340 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    66
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    87.08%

    Im with you bro I went one time and they wouldnt let me workout in my bandana.
  3. Elite Member
    SilentBob187's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    30
    Posts
    7,851
    Rep Power
    11116
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    25.79%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by hugry4more View Post
    I feel like planet puss is trying to turn men into pooh nans.
    DING DING DING!!!

    Obligatory:

    Disregard the ignorant video title.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    buuzer0's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    451
    Rep Power
    298
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    10.55%

    Hahah, the "Roid Rage" Planet Fitness video is a classic!

    I dunno, if I was on hard times and that was the only gym that I could make it to, I would probably end up using Planet Fitness, a crappy gym is better than no gym at all I guess.

    But other than that, the place sounds like a freakshow. I've never been in one but I'm almost morbidly curious enough to go and check one out just for the hell of it. I do not understand their whole "judgement free" bs, is the dropping of weights and grunts while someone is working out THAT intimidating to people? Also, it's not very "judgement free" if they're making the judgement that someone is a lunkhead just because they're making noises while doing strenuous exercises.

    Whatever, it's their house so they can make whatever ridiculous rules that they want I guess. No one's forcing anyone to set foot inside of these places.
  5. Banned
    gamer2be08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,988
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    54
    Lv. Percent
    17.08%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    I went there once. There were 2 cuties working at front desk.. I was eye candy to them, so all they did was stare and let me do my thing.. .. They even let me get in a free tan session; i didnt even have a membership ..
  6. New Member
    buuzer0's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    451
    Rep Power
    298
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    10.55%

    Quote Originally Posted by gamer2be08 View Post
    I went there once. There were 2 cuties working at front desk.. I was eye candy to them, so all they did was stare and let me do my thing.. .. They even let me get in a free tan session; i didnt even have a membership ..
    See, this is another reason I have wanted to check one out. I suspect there's a lot more women working out at one than at my normal gym where there's hardly any. Not that I go to the gym to talk to women (don't s$#t where you eat) but attractive women can be good motivation to do a few more reps/sets or run a little bit faster/longer.

    Also, "Planet P***y" is a great name for a strip club haha.
  7. Senior Member
    lonewolf0420's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  223 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,314
    Rep Power
    1682
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    65.54%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob187 View Post
    DING DING DING!!!

    Obligatory:

    Disregard the ignorant video title.
    I wonder if she upset him









    That's just hilarious!

    I could be blind, but I watched that video twice, and it looked like the mirror didn't even crack when he threw the db.
  8. AtlasEnduring's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    150
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    62.24%

    Welcome to panzy America, where muscles will soon be outlawed because they offend wussies!
  9. Advanced Member
    ShadowFury's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Age
    24
    Posts
    646
    Rep Power
    412
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    16.71%

    I've personally never stepped inside of a Planet P****, but it sounds like it'd be a bad idea (other than Gamer's situation, ofcourse).

    AWESOME video, lol. Wish ya could hear them better though... I had it up loud so when the DB hit the mirror it was frakking loud.
  10. New Member
    Boatcop1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  197 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Age
    37
    Posts
    275
    Rep Power
    4692
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    84.53%

    Quote Originally Posted by gamer2be08 View Post
    I went there once. There were 2 cuties working at front desk.. I was eye candy to them, so all they did was stare and let me do my thing.. .. They even let me get in a free tan session; i didnt even have a membership ..
    Thread after thread you continue to sound like a a big Douche to me! Really your eye candy? Who even says that? I mean if you added a "jk" i would get it, but man lay off the gear bro! Your small and as far as i can tell the only thing legit about you is your E ego! lol.
  11. Banned
    gamer2be08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,988
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    54
    Lv. Percent
    17.08%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Boatcop1 View Post
    Thread after thread you continue to sound like a a big Douche to me! Really your eye candy? Who even says that? I mean if you added a "jk" i would get it, but man lay off the gear bro! Your small and as far as i can tell the only thing legit about you is your E ego! lol.
    No, thats my take-out ego as well !
    Im about 180 sub 10% BF.. Not 200 like you, but oh well.. I'll get there.
    Actually not a d-bag, but you can call me whatever you like

    And of course.. I dont know what im talking about .. All the lifts I post are definitely fake ..

    You caught me bro! My E-penis is this big B===============D
    While my real penis is yay big B=D....
  12. Banned
    gamer2be08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,988
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    54
    Lv. Percent
    17.08%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Boatcop1 View Post
    Thread after thread you continue to sound like a a big Douche to me! Really your eye candy? Who even says that? I mean if you added a "jk" i would get it, but man lay off the gear bro! Your small and as far as i can tell the only thing legit about you is your E ego! lol.
    I would rep you, but I cannot rep more for 24 hours ..
  13. New Member
    SELFofGOD's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    35
    Posts
    241
    Rep Power
    207
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    24.41%

    lmfao this is a fakn great thread !
  14. New Member
    SELFofGOD's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    35
    Posts
    241
    Rep Power
    207
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    24.41%

    That vid with the cameraman hiding behind the machine and ducking for cover reminded me of the movie cloverfield lol man thx for that vid i am forever gratefull lol still got a smile on my face lol
  15. New Member
    buuzer0's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    451
    Rep Power
    298
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    10.55%

    Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf0420 View Post

    I could be blind, but I watched that video twice, and it looked like the mirror didn't even crack when he threw the db.
    This part baffles me too, I would think any mirror with a damn weight thrown at it would break easily... They must have some industrial strenght stuff up in there.

    I dunno why but the ridiculous siren at the beginning makes me laugh every time.
  16. Advanced Member
    CaponeCEO's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Age
    33
    Posts
    694
    Rep Power
    460
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    5.5%

    Quote Originally Posted by buuzer0 View Post
    This part baffles me too, I would think any mirror with a damn weight thrown at it would break easily... They must have some industrial strenght stuff up in there.

    I dunno why but the ridiculous siren at the beginning makes me laugh every time.
    Those are from a new company called Guido Glass. The company slogan is "Nothing will stop a Guido from staring at himself in the gym". They should be publicly traded on Wall Street soon. You might want to consider buying stock. I hear they are really big in the Jersey Area.
  17. Banned
    gamer2be08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,988
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    54
    Lv. Percent
    17.08%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    I lol everytime I watch that... lol
  18. New Member
    swollwilliams's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  270 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    279
    Rep Power
    209
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    5.09%

    lmao! classic. he knocked the piss out of the mirror with the dumbell. wow. nothing was safe in that guys path. that poor girl must have been terrified!
  19. Registered User
    Acesopro's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Age
    26
    Posts
    308
    Rep Power
    209
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    99.42%

    I hate Planet Fitness they are big hypocrites. They say this a judgement free zone but then they go out of their way to attempt to humiliate "lunks" as they call us.
  20. Senior Member
    Killerkanadia's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,861
    Rep Power
    9479
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    48.69%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by gamer2be08 View Post
    I went there once. There were 2 cuties working at front desk.. I was eye candy to them, so all they did was stare and let me do my thing.. .. They even let me get in a free tan session; i didnt even have a membership ..

    You need a damn wing man! lol
  21. New Member
    cheloz28's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    199
    Rep Power
    185
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    7.8%

    Did I read this correct, $20 a month and it includes unlimited Tanning?

    They just open one up in CA, I'm tempted to go just so I can get kicked out
  22. Professional Member
    hardknock's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,214
    Rep Power
    18674
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    37.61%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by hugry4more View Post
    I just wanted to say tonight i was reminded how much i hate Planet Fitness aka planet puss.. Couple friends go there so i figured for once i would join them. First the db only go up to 60lb, no curl bar, no bench press, squat rack...who you kidding lol. I go straight to the 60 for incline press when i'm done i drop the weights not throw them maybe 3 in from the ground..they give me the ridicules lunk alarm siren..this goes on for the next 2 sets!! Then some lil employe pune comes up and says the siren is going off cuz your dropping the weights please stop..give me a freaking break dude...no grunting, no judging. What happened to unleashing your inner animal, what happen to making manly noises as you bang out those last to reps. What happened to the sounds that make up a gym.... weight klunking, grunts..light weight buddies!! What happened to pushing your body to the limit past 60lbs!!! I feel like planet puss is trying to turn men into pooh nans. thats just me, and i'm pissed bout it. Yea its only ten bucks but would you spend 10 on your protein... would you buy cheap food just cuz its cheap...so then why are so many going to this cheap judgement free gym aka result free gym. i just don't get it
    The one here has a squat area, smith only but it has a decent leg press and the DB go to 90 or 100. ..

    Not a great place or a hardcore workout but an excellent place to find a decent lay if that's your game.
  23. Senior Member
    Killerkanadia's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,861
    Rep Power
    9479
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    48.69%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I can get jacked AND tan for only $20 a month?!
  24. Professional Member
    Jasen's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,048
    Rep Power
    6866
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    23.12%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    That's a good deal......
  25. Professional Member
    hardknock's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,214
    Rep Power
    18674
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    37.61%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Killerkanadia View Post
    I can get jacked AND tan for only $20 a month?!
    The one here is 10 bucks a month. I have a membership there but I haven't been in there in about 2 years. I know the owners so my wife goes there...it's excellent for women that are looking to lose lbs and firm up....
    ---The internet is the father of the electronic lynch-mob---
  26. Banned
    gamer2be08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,988
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    54
    Lv. Percent
    17.08%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by hardknock View Post
    The one here is 10 bucks a month. I have a membership there but I haven't been in there in about 2 years. I know the owners so my wife goes there...it's excellent for women that are looking to lose lbs and firm up....
    Ive been to that one.. In tuscaloosa right??

    Dat gym sucks..
    people dont lose weight if they arent motivated and planet ***** doesn not allow motivatiion lol
  27. Board Supporter
    Nitrox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,303
    Rep Power
    804
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    12%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob187 View Post
    DING DING DING!!!

    Obligatory:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfJTXDppVNA
    Lolz that is hilarious.

    They seriously have an alarm that goes off if you grunt, drop weights, etc? What, they have staff there just to watch and push the button?

    From a business perspective their model makes a lot of sense. There are tons of lazy people out there that hate to see buff people in the same gym.
  28. Professional Member
    Chub's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,306
    Rep Power
    128474
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    40.41%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    whats with the alarm lol. it goes off if someone grunts? i don't get that lol
    “We are what we repeatedly do. Therefore, excellence is not an act, but a habit.”
  29. AtlasEnduring's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    150
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    62.24%

    Quote Originally Posted by Chub View Post
    whats with the alarm lol. it goes off if someone grunts? i don't get that lol
    I cant believe alarms like that would be real...I mean its a gym..right? What the heck...I am ashamed of humans, lol. I am gona go become a Liger or something cooler.
  30. Elite Member
    Tomahawk88's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    9,005
    Rep Power
    629267
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    36.93%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    These threads never get old. I def couldnt deal with some bs like that on cycle. Not saying I would start throwing DBs and what not but damn that was just dumb. I will put up with crossfitters any day of the week instead of crap like that.
  31. Professional Member
    Jasen's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,048
    Rep Power
    6866
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    23.12%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    F U crosssfitttttt
  32. Elite Member
    Tomahawk88's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    9,005
    Rep Power
    629267
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    36.93%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Jasen View Post
    F U crosssfitttttt
    haha amen to that
  33. Professional Member
    hardknock's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,214
    Rep Power
    18674
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    37.61%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by gamer2be08 View Post
    Ive been to that one.. In tuscaloosa right??

    Dat gym sucks..
    people dont lose weight if they arent motivated and planet ***** doesn not allow motivatiion lol
    No montgomery
    ---The internet is the father of the electronic lynch-mob---
  34. Professional Member
    hardknock's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,214
    Rep Power
    18674
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    37.61%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by gamer2be08 View Post
    Ive been to that one.. In tuscaloosa right??

    Dat gym sucks..
    people dont lose weight if they arent motivated and planet ***** doesn not allow motivatiion lol
    Can't say that is 100% true, somewhat yes.

    I've personally watched 6 females, including the wife, go there and lose weight and get in some pretty great shape. They have that gauntlet deal in the cage where they can circuit train. being physically fit/healthy and being a power-lifter or bodybuilder is quite different.

    If you are a beginner and do not have the complete knowledge behind everything which you need, that cage is decent for those that need to drop 15-20lbs and firm up. For guys with a power-lifter mind set, it's not a good fit, period. For BBer's, not so great either.

    As far as somewhere to work out...it's all about what you make of it. I took a bench, squat rack, and one set of dumb bells and one ez bar and did tremendous workouts when I lived at home. I never had weights over 220 for the bench nor 305 for the squat, yet, when I first set foot in an actual gym, my squats and bench had developed greatly. So when I first set foot in an actual gym and tried maxing out, bench = 325, squat = 395...and that was with working out with 220 and 305 for a few years in my bedroom (couldn't afford anymore weights).

    Now that was 17 YEARS ago and I was younger so much was attributed to beginner gains. Still, I think it is all about what you allow yourself to achieve, not the gym or people around you.
    ---The internet is the father of the electronic lynch-mob---
  35. Professional Member
    JoHNnyNuTZ's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  270 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    4,575
    Rep Power
    285447
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    6.22%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    My girls sister just went there and a "trainer" told her to ONLY do cardio to lose weight. You dont want to lift weights because it will put muscle over fat...WTF!!! Isnt the idea of building the muscle that it will help with the fat loss?

    RECOVERBRO


  36. Professional Member
    hardknock's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,214
    Rep Power
    18674
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    37.61%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by JoHNnyNuTZ View Post
    My girls sister just went there and a "trainer" told her to ONLY do cardio to lose weight. You dont want to lift weights because it will put muscle over fat...WTF!!! Isnt the idea of building the muscle that it will help with the fat loss?
    I have no idea where these PF's are that you guys are visiting...LOL...the one here isn't nearly as bad as the one's where you guys are going...

    To note: I had a bodybuilder tell me that you don't need to cycle off of methyl masteron because it wasn't a true steroid...and this guy looked like he could compete tomorrow on the amateur circuit....

    So, go figure. It's not where you go, it is who the hell is in the know on the info that they are spewing. This really old guy once told me that ignorance is like the air we breathe, it's all around us.
    ---The internet is the father of the electronic lynch-mob---
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. PP 1-T LV at the planet
    By RipdnTxs2 in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-11-2010, 03:45 PM
  2. T-911 At The Planet!!!
    By SwolenONE in forum LG Sciences
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-13-2009, 06:21 PM
  3. T-911 At The Planet!!!
    By SwolenONE in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-13-2009, 02:50 PM
  4. Thanx N/Planet
    By ctrivedi in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-03-2008, 03:04 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in