Observations from the Europa Sports Supershow

GregW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Europea show was massive disappontment
So I checked out the Europa show from a consumer perspective. It was quite a massive disappointment:

Companies were extremely stingy with samples, in fact many were out by 10:30 AM on saturday. Granted, many people just take samples as "free stuff" but I use these samples to evaluate if I'm going to shell out the bucks to buy a full-size container.

I was surprised at the good taste of the VPX Strawberry Cream RTD Protein Rush. They use the same flavor source/manufacturer that we use, it's quite obvious.

Gaspari reps were stingy. I asked for a few samples of SuperPump, SizeON and SPIRODEX and they made a whole big song and dance about how they're not giving samples away yet. Then five minutes later I walked back by and they handed an average looking girl an entire tube of SuperPump.

99% of the protein shakes I tasted were disgusting with harsh artifcial chemical offnotes. I couldn't even swallow about 50% of the 2oz sample cups given out. There were a couple good ones, but few and far between. Most disturbingly on the Dorian Yates temppro protein, on the front panel there is a big "54g of protein" in bold letters on the front-of-package. Yet the nutrition facts saw that a complete serving size is 45 grams, which gives about 36 grams protein. Hmmmmm... Apparently the 54g was based on 3 scoops while the nutrition panel was based on 2 scoops. Misleading much?:liar:

EVERYONE had a preworkout product and EACH AND EVERYONE is loaded with 1,3-dimethylamylamine which I avoid. Total bummer. Reminds of the music industry where the Backstreet Boys came along then you have a whole series of copyact acts following up riding the coattails. :slomo:

I didn't see any really "cool" products that struck my eye at all. Kind of a let-down. :wtf:

In the front there was a "Hot Model (male/female)" contest. I couldn't get over how flamboyantly *gay* this was. About 75% of the models were men in swimshorts and the crowd was 80% men, with about 1/5 of them smacking pictures, applauding loudly, etc. When I mentioned it to an acquaintance that this seemed overtly homosexual he shot me a dirty look like I said some sort of faux-pas. I have no idea how the organizers pulled this off for a mostly straight crowd. No idea at all .:party: (yes, the rainbow men are intentional).