The Official "how to embed a youtube video" thread!

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
[y t] numbers after "=" in youtube link [ / y t]

Delete spaces in the []

Just follow above^^! :D

Lol, easy enough right.. I see so many people asking "how to embed video", so I thought I would post this!

-Gamer

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v="]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

Shane0Mac

Awards
[url][nomedia][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v="]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia][yt]rjJ1sijxg1c[/yt] ... good enough. cheers for the help :bigok:

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It should just do this automatically. Just post the link and as long as YouTube allows that video to embed, it should do it automatically.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
LOL, omg you made my saturday man.
Glad to hear it!

Whenever I'm having a bad day (like today), I watch these and literally piss in my pants laughing. I love the absolutely senseless humor these vids offer. There are a bunch more of them on youtube, so make sure you check them out.

"Pork chop sandwiches" - LOL!

-John

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have tried that many a times brah, trust me..
Actually it does work....the YT code bypasses it even if the publishers disabled embedding. If not, just posting the url will work...

Since I put the code in for both, I trust me....."brah"

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Actually it does work....the YT code bypasses it even if the publishers disabled embedding. If not, just posting the url will work...

Since I put the code in for both, I trust me....."brah"
So I copy the URL in addy bar and just paste it?

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If the video allows embedding, just posting the youtube url here will automatically embed it here. If the author chooses not to allow embedding (which is becoming the norm) the YT code will bypass it and still have it embed here (most of the time).

ShadowFury

ShadowFury

Awards
  • Established
I just tried it by posting only the link(in the "Douchebags at the gym" topic) and it didn't come up(external embed unavailable) but popped up when I did it manually like Gamer showed. :/

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
As I stated in the above post....

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
nice I always mess up with the youtube linking.this is good to know.now all I gotta do is get my post up so i can post youtube vids

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dude I am a complete idiot. I tried it again trying to do what you wrote but to no avail. I went to do christmas story bully clip on youtube. I tried to copy and paste the link into insert link through the forums. That didn't work. Then I tried to embed it through youtube and it still didn't work lol. I am lost man.