What a Joke

JThomas

Awards
Why do we need the National Association to Advance Fat Acceptance naafaonline.com

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
NAAFA: the National Association to Advance Fat Acceptance
Founded in 1969, the National Association to Advance Fat Acceptance (NAAFA) is a non-profit human rights organization dedicated to protecting the rights and improving the quality of life for fat people. NAAFA works to eliminate discrimination based on body size and provide fat people with the tools for self-empowerment through advocacy, public education, and support.

Why Should I Support NAAFA?
Fat people are discriminated against in all aspects of daily life, from employment to education to access to public accommodations, and even access to adequate medical care. This discrimination occurs despite evidence that 95 to 98 percent of diets fail over five years and that 65 million Americans are labeled “obese.” Our thin-obsessed society firmly believes that fat people are at fault for their size and it is politically correct to stigmatize and ridicule them. Fat discrimination is one of the last publicly accepted discriminatory practices. Fat people have rights and they need to be upheld!

NAAFA’s message of size acceptance and self-acceptance is often overshadowed by a $49 billion-a-year diet industry that has a vested economic interest in perpetuating discrimination against fat people. Without active financial support from people like you, NAAFA would not exist and could not fulfill its crucial role defending your rights. While it is an uphill battle to achieve our goals, together we are making a difference.
Our Vision
A society in which people of every size are accepted with dignity and equality in all aspects of life.

Our Mission
To eliminate discrimination based on body size and provide fat people with the tools for self-empowerment though public education, advocacy, and support.

Our Promise
NAAFA will be a powerful force for positive social change. Using our collec tive will, talents and resources, we will improve the world — not just for fat people, but for everyone.

Mindless

Awards
Our Promise
NAAFA will be a powerful force for positive social change. Using our collec tive will, talents and resources, we will improve the world — not just for fat people, but for everyone.
More potato chips for everyone?

Mindless

Awards
I know, they are pretty much saying, "it is perfectly ok to be fat and you will be accommodated and rewarded.."
No, no, no! They should just get two seats/tickets for the airplane instead of complaining about people not accepting them. What about me having sit squeezed in between two fatties not able to move, heh?

AtlasEnduring

AtlasEnduring

Banned
Awards
huh....now I think I am justified to hate fat people...

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

That is all...