THE OFFICIAL ATHEIST THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
SELFofGOD

SELFofGOD

Awards
So after reading so many threads here I noticed you can talk about pretty much anything. So I decided to make this thread so certian ppl with common beliefs can post whatever is on their mind and even rant if they need to.
Without being told that we are going to hell etc.

So for your enjoyment here are some pics. :box:

Attachments

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Classy.. Instead of starting intelligent discussion on your subject, instead you post images attacking religion. Not exactly talking about common beliefs now are you?

SELFofGOD

SELFofGOD

Awards
Classy.. Instead of starting intelligent discussion on your subject, instead you post images attacking religion. Not exactly talking about common beliefs now are you?
was JUST a matter of time lmao

so you decided to jump into a thread called THE OFFICIAL ATHEIST THREAD ....and you are insulted ???
:ntome:

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
was JUST a matter of time lmao

so you decided to jump into a thread called THE OFFICIAL ATHEIST THREAD ....and you are insulted ???
:ntome:
I am fine to discuss anything intelligently... I wasnt expecting childish images instead of actual discussion.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
And definitely not from a 31 year old brother in arms.

SELFofGOD

SELFofGOD

Awards
I am fine to discuss anything intelligently... I wasnt expecting childish images instead of actual discussion.
WHAT part of my opening post did you not understand ?

This is for entertainment ....to get away from the ppl who are constantly Preachn. A place to share Atheist beliefs and like I said even rant.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Ben Franklin??? I don't know about that one.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

This is for entertainment ....to get away from the ppl who are constantly Preachn. A place to share Atheist beliefs and like I said even rant.
Thats fine, share beliefs and rants... I see nothing but mockery so far.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Franklin was not an Atheist; he did not deny the existence of a God; he believed in a God; but his God was the humane conception of Deism and not the God of Christianity. As per his biographer; Parton.

SELFofGOD

SELFofGOD

Awards
The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason: The Morning Daylight appears plainer when you put out your Candle.
-- Benjamin Franklin, the incompatibility of faith and reason, Poor Richard's Almanack (1758)

I have found Christian dogma unintelligible. Early in life I absented myself from Christian assemblies.
-- Benjamin Franklin, quoted from Victor J Stenger, Has Science Found God? (2001)

Many a long dispute among divines may be thus abridged: It is so; It is not so. It is so; it is not so.
-- Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, 1743

If we look back into history for the character of the present sects in Christianity, we shall find few that have not in their turns been persecutors, and complainers of persecution. The primitive Christians thought persecution extremely wrong in the pagans, but practiced it on one another. The first Protestants of the Church of England blamed persecution in the Romish Church, but practiced it upon the Puritans. These found it wrong in the bishops, but fell into the same practice themselves both here and in New England.
-- Benjamin Franklin, An Essay on Toleration

Lighthouses are more helpful than churches.
-- Benjamin Franklin (attributed: source unknown)

He [the Rev Mr. Whitefield] used, indeed, sometimes to pray for my conversion, but never had the satisfaction of believing that his prayers were heard.
-- Benjamin Franklin, from Franklin's Autobiography

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Same for Einstein:

"In view of such harmony in the cosmos which I, with my limited human mind, am able to recognize, there are yet people who say there is no God. But what really makes me angry is that they quote me for the support of such views."

"I'm not an atheist and I don't think I can call myself a pantheist. We are in the position of a little child entering a huge library filled with books in many languages. The child knows someone must have written those books. It does not know how. It does not understand the languages in which they are written. The child dimly suspects a mysterious order in the arrangements of the books, but doesn't know what it is. That, it seems to me, is the attitude of even the most intelligent human being toward God."

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason: The Morning Daylight appears plainer when you put out your Candle.
-- Benjamin Franklin, the incompatibility of faith and reason, Poor Richard's Almanack (1758)

I have found Christian dogma unintelligible. Early in life I absented myself from Christian assemblies.
-- Benjamin Franklin, quoted from Victor J Stenger, Has Science Found God? (2001)

Many a long dispute among divines may be thus abridged: It is so; It is not so. It is so; it is not so.
-- Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, 1743

If we look back into history for the character of the present sects in Christianity, we shall find few that have not in their turns been persecutors, and complainers of persecution. The primitive Christians thought persecution extremely wrong in the pagans, but practiced it on one another. The first Protestants of the Church of England blamed persecution in the Romish Church, but practiced it upon the Puritans. These found it wrong in the bishops, but fell into the same practice themselves both here and in New England.
-- Benjamin Franklin, An Essay on Toleration

Lighthouses are more helpful than churches.
-- Benjamin Franklin (attributed: source unknown)

He [the Rev Mr. Whitefield] used, indeed, sometimes to pray for my conversion, but never had the satisfaction of believing that his prayers were heard.
-- Benjamin Franklin, from Franklin's Autobiography
You are proving that A) you do not know what athiesm truely is, or B) you just do not understand what these people are saying.

You are quoting only attacks on Christianity, when in fact your subjects believe in other ways.

SELFofGOD

SELFofGOD

Awards
"It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it." From a letter Einstein wrote in English, dated 24 March 1954. It is included in Albert Einstein: The

SELFofGOD

SELFofGOD

Awards
its funny ...ppl come in this thread to argue lol. I could not have named the thread any more clear.

SELFofGOD

SELFofGOD

Awards
You are proving that A) you do not know what athiesm truely is, or B) you just do not understand what these people are saying.

You are quoting only attacks on Christianity, when in fact your subjects believe in other ways.
So even after reading that you believe otherwise huh ? I guess you knew them in person huh.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Discussion of your beliefs is fine. Debating your beliefs with others of differeing beliefs is fine. Mocking of either by either is not.

You're done.

Status
Not open for further replies.