New York City Gyms

jefflong3323

Awards
Anybody here work out at any gyms in the city? I'm living in Manhattan for 8 weeks this summer and I'm looking for a good, affordable, quality gym to train at (I know there are a lot). I'll be staying at NYU which is on 8th St and working at Penn Plaza which is right next to MSG. If you have any recomendations, shoot em my way.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
why dont you get a membership at nyu's facility. I mainly workout there since i train people there, and hate moving from gym to gym, just to get a workout in. Not much of a bodybuilding atmostphere.... if you're looking for that steez, try 19th street gym, 24 hour gym. And of course, there's plenty of chain gyms such as equinox (best is on W 10th street), crunch (cheap), NYSC (also cheap), NYHRC.... guess the question is, are you more into the types of people who work out there, or the facilities' equipments?
Sage

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
sage do you go to NYU? I was thinking going there for graduate school...

dbag333

Awards
Yo, I'm Currently a film student at NYU. Also here over the summer. Been using their facilities for the past three years. I aint the biggest, but would sure as hell welcome someone who knew their ****. i don't know the prices, but I bet one can get a better bang for the buck than here. I just use it cause I'm already paying for it.

Sage you use paladium or coles. Are a you a student there? Small world Eh?

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
I graduated this past May after 5 long ass years. (dont worry, i double majored ;) ). Ill be going to graduate school fall of 2005, but il then, ill be working at the gyms im at now. I dont mind the gym too much since im paying $15 bucks a month (connections) and as mentioned, i feel comfortable there since i know most people who attend the gym. I workout mostly at Palladium however will be down at Coles to train few of my clients. You will no doubt see me in the later afternoon to evening hours, working out at Palladium if you all come up. BigV, if you're not getting an alumni/student fee for the gym, i would go somewhere else. Also if you're not about going to a gym for a social scene, dont go here. Its a sad excuse for a hardcore gym... i've phased it out.
Sage