Photo Shoot Prep

candle25

candle25

Awards
  • Established
I am getting into modeling and have some shoots scheduled. I've been researchng what others do to prep and I was wondering what diuretic would work best for this purpose. I've looked at Taraxatone, Aldactone, Arimidex, and Bumex. Aldactone sounds like it would be ideal but I'm not sure if I can get it. Anyone have any input on my selection or another option that I haven't thought of?

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
I've only used Teraxatone witch I did like so I can't really answer your question. However, I thought I would chime in because this is a subject that has been on my mind lately. I'm in the middle of a cutting cycle right now, and I have been thinking about doing the same thing. Every year I use july 4th as the deadline to exeed my all time best shape. last year I got down to 5%bf but was kind of flat. This year i want to take it all the way and do it right. Carb loading, water restricting,and mabey some glycerol. These are all tools I want to employ, but I have yet to get the timing right. I would love to hear some input from those who have experience in this area too. My goal is to prep for a pic that i want to use for my avatar. :D

THETEST

Awards
  • Established
Natural - or gassing? Big difference. For the naturals, the dropping of water is really not important till the night before - your body will take care of things by morning. Unless you are nervious as hell - in which case you should take something to relax or you will hold whatever water you have. The natural supplement you mentioned is great - use for 3 days prior to show / photo shoot. Here is the tough part - how much can you take in complex carbs to fill the muscles before OVERFLOW occurs? I would suggest you test it for your self the week before the event. I have come in better with cheese cake for vascularity, and a 10 oz sweet potato and a bunch of NO, without worrying about cutting water till 5pm the day before, and then still drinking some. Stay off the fats, but have small meals every couple hrs. untill 15 mins before the shoot when you want to take the pump and vascularity stuff. Does this make sense to anyone out there. Some one can explain the movement of carb glycogen into muscles better than I can - too little and you will be flat - too much and you will look bloated with water - but it isn't water - its overflow from too much carbs.

The Godfather

Awards
Natural - or gassing? Big difference. For the naturals, the dropping of water is really not important till the night before - your body will take care of things by morning. Unless you are nervious as hell - in which case you should take something to relax or you will hold whatever water you have. The natural supplement you mentioned is great - use for 3 days prior to show / photo shoot. Here is the tough part - how much can you take in complex carbs to fill the muscles before OVERFLOW occurs? I would suggest you test it for your self the week before the event. I have come in better with cheese cake for vascularity, and a 10 oz sweet potato and a bunch of NO, without worrying about cutting water till 5pm the day before, and then still drinking some. Stay off the fats, but have small meals every couple hrs. untill 15 mins before the shoot when you want to take the pump and vascularity stuff. Does this make sense to anyone out there. Some one can explain the movement of carb glycogen into muscles better than I can - too little and you will be flat - too much and you will look bloated with water - but it isn't water - its overflow from too much carbs.
The thread was started 2 years ago. The advice may be a bit too late.